Psy-Tychist

RPG Mania 2021 - In Progress!

530 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Completed the Japanese version of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, but I'd rather wait and submit the western version as only one stack is allowed. Only need the online trophy for that one, but as PS+ is needed for that, I am out of luck for the moment. There is no rule to submit games immediately, but if there's a problem with that, just let me know.

Edited by AppleKratue
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I popped several games today, however only Maneater would count for this event. I'm seconds away from popping Dragon Age: Origins, but that won't happen for a little bit so I'll hold off on the points until it's official. Here's the maths for Maneater:

 

Base Game:
100 + 20(20*1b) + 12(6*2s) + 36(6*6g) - 45..39 - 0 = 122.61

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, AppleKratue said:

Completed the Japanese version of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, but I'd rather wait and submit the western version as only one stack is allowed. Only need the online trophy for that one, but as PS+ is needed for that, I am out of luck for the moment. There is no rule to submit games immediately, but if there's a problem with that, just let me know.

You could always wait and see if Sony does another free weekend for PS Plus.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

You could always wait and see if Sony does another free weekend for PS Plus.

Yeah, that's what I am waiting for. Hopefully they'll do one again soon.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Psy-Tychist I call you out on sword art online hollow fragment! Very impressive trophy list so that would be another to add to your collection :P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Psy-Tychist Sorry but i have an issue regarding my bonus X2 & X3 games:

All my bonus game are PS3 but unfortunately i have broke up my PS3. I have tryed to buy One online but it' s pretty expensive , tryed GS too but no luck. Unfortunately i can't afford to spent so much for an older console.

My question Is: it's possibile to change my X2 and X3 games? If no there Is no problem, it's Just for fun after all.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TenebraZero said:

@Psy-Tychist Sorry but i have an issue regarding my bonus X2 & X3 games:

All my bonus game are PS3 but unfortunately i have broke up my PS3. I have tryed to buy One online but it' s pretty expensive , tryed GS too but no luck. Unfortunately i can't afford to spent so much for an older console.

My question Is: it's possibile to change my X2 and X3 games? If no there Is no problem, it's Just for fun after all.

 

 

In the rules, you're allowed to swap your bonus games once so I imagine it will be OK.  I recently swapped my x3 without issue

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Morgana said:

 

In the rules, you're allowed to swap your bonus games once so I imagine it will be OK.  I recently swapped my x3 without issue

So basically i can swap once all 3 games? Or Just only 1 game?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TenebraZero said:

So basically i can swap once all 3 games? Or Just only 1 game?

 

I think you can swap all 3, but you can only swap them once.  That's the way I interpreted the rules anyway, I'm sure Psy will correct me if I'm wrong

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Morgana said:

 

I think you can swap all 3, but you can only swap them once.  That's the way I interpreted the rules anyway, I'm sure Psy will correct me if I'm wrong

 

I'll wait for a confirm, if i can swap all 3 it's pretty cool

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 @xZoneHunter  Thanks for the call out. Will try and play it.

 

Callouts:

 

@kingofbattle8174  Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age. Loved playing it.  Give it another try. 

 

@Lord_Bane999 Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth. I going to go for it as well. Join in with the grind.

 

@Kittykat-san  Final Fantasy XV.  Maybe the Boy Band RPG gets better as you play it.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

 Scores will be updated later today when I have added any games that have been missed.

Just before you add them incase to my score. Ignore the Halloween RPGs on my list. They are 5 minute games that aren't even actual RPGs. Only played them because I somehow enjoy burning trash.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TenebraZero said:

So basically i can swap once all 3 games? Or Just only 1 game?

 

As @Morgana mentioned, each double and triple point game can be swapped once and will be amended in the spreadsheet. 

 

10 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Just before you add them incase to my score. Ignore the Halloween RPGs on my list. They are 5 minute games that aren't even actual RPGs. Only played them because I somehow enjoy burning trash.

 

As much as they are cheap games for earning points, they do count as RPG's based on here and another site. However much trash they seem to be, trash can score points.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2.6.2021 at 1:07 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

 

True, there is no rule to submit games immediately, but I do go through every month and update with missed games and DLC if necessary. The first game completed is what will count for the points here. @fisty123 asked to use the PS5 version of Genshin Impact, but as they had already completed the PS4 version, the points only count from the PS4 version. Same will apply to the Digimon Story game you have played. Tis fair for everyone.

 

Personally not a huge fan of adding such a rule that far into the competition as I would've avoided earning this plat if I had known, but at least I won't lose that many points as the plat percentage difference for these two stacks is not significant, though it's still a loss due to the starting percentage. I doubt another case like this will come up in the future, but lesson learned and moving on.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally I can add something to this, gah.

So I knocked out Child of Light.  I believe I did the math correct but I may have messed it up.

75 + 21 - 10 - 0 = 81.

 

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, willythom88 said:

So I knocked out Child of Light.  I believe I did the math correct but I may have messed it up.

75 + 21 - 10 - 0 = 81.

 

 

I believe you did err.  I believe it should look like:

 

75 (base) + 21 (trophies) - 21.57 (completion rarity per PSNP) = 74.43

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, acasser said:

 

I believe you did err.  I believe it should look like:

 

75 (base) + 21 (trophies) - 21.57 (completion rarity per PSNP) = 74.43

That makes more sense looking at it.  Misread the score post.  Thanks for that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 3/6/2021 at 2:42 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

 

As @Morgana mentioned, each double and triple point game can be swapped once and will be amended in the spreadsheet. 

 

That's cool to hear.

That's my new choice:

 

2X games 

Final Fantasy VII remake intergrade 

Final Fantasy IX 

 

3X game 

Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age 

Edited by TenebraZero
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Update

 

L95c718.png

Oninaki

 

 

 

100 + 70 - 28.13 = 141.87

 

Total points so far : 1618.25

 

Edited by TenebraZero
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update:

 

Reverie
100 + 65 - 64.95 = 100.05 + 50 = 150.05

 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AlterArchuria said:

Update:

 

Reverie
100 + 65 - 64.95 = 100.05 + 50 = 150.05

 

 

Sadly I don't think Reverie counts for points - here's Psy's ruling on this one from earlier in the thread

 

On 5/9/2021 at 7:30 AM, Psy-Tychist said:

@Eternal_Rach Reverie doesn't qualify for points. It's rather weird as PSNP says it is an RPG, yet the other two sites say it is Action Adventure. Majority rules on this occasion.

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Morgana said:

 

Sadly I don't think Reverie counts for points - here's Psy's ruling on this one from earlier in the thread

 

 

 

I did not see that but even though its @Psy-Tychist ruling I have to question it because it doesn't state flat out say it has to be a majority ruling via the rules for it to not qualify as a RPG because it actually emphasizes that it has to be one via this site firstly before bringing the others into consideration.

 

I'm kind of curious of the actual reason why it doesn't count though I feel like it will fall into that never ending debate of because its a "Zelda Clone" type of game which wouldn't make much sense since everyone has there take on if its a RPG or not and that just will go on and on without a real conclusion everyone happy with, so then the next question is are we going to start excluding games that are Zelda-like by that definition? Cause someone called out Okami not to long ago and that is well a Zelda Clone no matter how you look at it and wont count. Even then other games like that are similar or pay homage to it that are label as RPGs such as Darksiders, Oceanhorn, Yonder, Hyper Light Drifter or more recent games like Horizon or Genshin which you could say are the similar since there BotW-like and would all technically fall into that category too but almost all would be considered a RPG without question. Plus can you say its less RPG then a game that can be finished in less then 10mins or something like Black Clover which by all means is mostly a fighting game at least when compared to something like Granblue Fantasy: Versus which has a dedicated RPG part. I say this cause it feels more qualified then some of those and I don't want to go down a cherry picking/2nd guessing route of what games might or might not count since especially when mixed genre RPGs are being quite common and really at the end of the day it should be both fair and fun in the end.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.