RPG Mania 2021 - Congrats AlterArchuria! (Completed)

2 hours ago, fisty123 said:

I never looked into this or asked it but does the series stacker bonus points need to be in a row or can it be spread out of the season?

They can be spread out. Some other folks did it that way too and I haven't gotten in trouble with my gap between my second and third Ys game while claiming the bonus:P They just have to happen during the event, that's pretty much it.

On 26/06/2021 at 2:42 PM, acasser said:

5) SMT III: Nocturne

100 + 67 (trophies) - 5.83 (platinum rarity bonus) + 50 (new release bonus) = 211.17

Double Point Game bonus:  211.17 x 2 = 422.34

Speaking of cutting things really, really, really close.... the timestamp on my platinum trophy was 11:57:50 PM EDT on Friday June 25th for a title that released on May 25th.  Two minutes and a couple of seconds to spare just inside the wire, I believe.  That ferocious late cramming was something.  (Something unspeakable, perhaps, but something nonetheless.)

I'm also going to deploy my third and final call-out for this competition.  @xZoneHunter, it appears that you haven't been called out three times just yet.... so I call you out on The Banner Saga (currently at 11% / 8 trophies).

Just so you know the bonuses are added to the score after the double/triple points, so the calculation is this:

100 + 67 (trophies) - 5.83 (platinum rarity bonus) = 161.17

Double Point Game bonus:  161.17 x 2 = 322.34 + 50 (new release bonus) = 372.34

Good job on getting the game in under the time limit though :)

3 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Just so you know the bonuses are added to the score after the double/triple points, so the calculation is this:

Good job on getting the game in under the time limit though :)

Fair enough.  It was the other way last year, and this was my first bonus point game for this year, so that's why it was still stuck there in my mind.

And I wasn't planning to get the time limit that close.  It just worked out that way when I was cramming in all the partial runs from branch points for endings and looking for every possible way to cut corners time-wise at the end, especially after a couple of foul-ups during that span of time.  Nothing quite like sitting in front of the television watching the (unskippable) credits roll, shaking my fist the entire time trying to "encourage" the credits to scroll faster so the game could get to the last trophy check.

Two minutes and ten seconds is probably a record that will last a while, however.

@Psy-Tychist was a ruling ever made for games that support save transfer that was not merely auto pops? I ask mainly because I started playing Touhou Genso Wanderer Reloaded with data carried over from the original which mainly consists of money, endgame equipment, bestiary, etc. Trophy wise, the data being carried over allowed me to auto pop two mid-game trophies and allows me to get a few miscellaneous trophies earlier then expected but otherwise, most of the trophies are unaffected by the save transfer. @Lord_Bane999 made a suggestion before but what’s the official stance on games with save data transfer that only partially affects trophies?

Hey look, I played an RPG! Though it's already been added to the sheet I guess I'll post it anyway

Final Fantasy XIII - 100 + 21(B) + 18(S) + 30(G) - 7.97 = 161.03 * 2 = 322.06

Had fun with it despite it's reputation and being a decade old at this point...

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Hisuiryu said:

Hey look, I played an RPG! Though it's already been added to the sheet I guess I'll post it anyway

Final Fantasy XIII - 100 + 21(B) + 18(S) + 30(G) - 7.97 = 161.03 * 2 = 322.06

Had fun with it despite it's reputation and being a decade old at this point...

How was the grind to get the Traps and enough money to upgrade everything?

3 hours ago, TenebraZero said:

Series Stacker bonus is +100 max.

Series Stacker is limited by how many games in the series count. Example being the Atelier series has 13 stages. If all are RPG's then the max stacker bonus is 300 extra points.

• Like 2

On 04/07/2021 at 1:54 AM, Warpedsavior said:

@Psy-Tychist was a ruling ever made for games that support save transfer that was not merely auto pops? I ask mainly because I started playing Touhou Genso Wanderer Reloaded with data carried over from the original which mainly consists of money, endgame equipment, bestiary, etc. Trophy wise, the data being carried over allowed me to auto pop two mid-game trophies and allows me to get a few miscellaneous trophies earlier then expected but otherwise, most of the trophies are unaffected by the save transfer. @Lord_Bane999 made a suggestion before but what’s the official stance on games with save data transfer that only partially affects trophies?

There hasn't been a rule made for that specific circumstance but it isn't something that really was taken into consideration when putting the rules in place.

In this instance, there is no penalty because it isn't a chunk of the game or all trophies popping. I don't know if there are other games of this type but this is the first time I've heard where using your own save data for a remake/updated game helps with a couple of trophies but not most of them. So far, as long as it doesn't cause chunks of trophies to appear or story trophies then it should be penalty free.

16 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

How was the grind to get the Traps and enough money to upgrade everything?

I didn't find it too painful I guess - I think it was around 35 hours I played after beating the story, which includes clearing most Cieth missions as well. Because I broke up the grind between doing other stuff I managed to avoid feeling like it dragged on too much and my luck on Traps wasn't bad, I got 5 in the time it took to get enough money for upgrades so I didn't bother grinding for a 6th and just maxed & dismantled one of the other T3 weapons to get on back and use it for the last one. Once I got strong enough to not need to use death I didn't might fighting the tortoises even if it was dull.

I was just relieved that my item tracking was accurate since I sold most of my equipment... And just relieved that it was done lol. Definitely an awful trophy, it leaves a bad taste for the game experience because it's so unnecessary, so I'm pleased the sequels seem much more reasonable.

Edited by Hisuiryu
grammer

Been a while since I could post something, but I finished up some nostalgia, trash game tonight in Secret of Mana. I can't in good conscience recommend this game at all....find your RPG points somewhere else!

Coming in hot with:

100 + 26(26*1b) + 14(7*2s) + 24(4*6G) - 19.64 - 0 = 144.36

I should have quite a few RPG's coming up in the near future so won't be as long between updates.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Update

So....Fallout 76 got some new DLC and I finished it.  Hope no one gets too intimidated by this "massive" point bomb /s

Fallout 76 - Steel Reign DLC = 3 points

#EveryPointCounts 1f602.png

I always knew that you are a force to be reckoned with, but this? That's just not fair dude, at least act as if you're leaving us a chance!

• Like 3

It's time for another update:

6) Empire of Angels IV

100 + 70 (trophies) - 8.82 (platinum rarity bonus) + 50 (new release / speed bonus; take your pick) = 211.18

See?  I can do "new release" games without walking it all the way to the final hours/minutes/seconds!

This one was enjoyable.  Not too hard, nor very complex.  And the 8.82 is the figure PSNP currently has as the platinum rarity until this site gets around to updating the percentages and it takes a jump upwards; there simply aren't very many people who have played this niche title, let alone completed it.

• Like 3

Update: While working on both Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth and Genshin Impact, I 100%ed one of Genshin Impact PS4 trophy lists

Genshin Impact: the Dragonspine (not really what the first DLC Trophies is called but is mostly based around Dragonspine)

5 + 2 + 6 = 13

Btw. How much is the minus points for the Genshin Impact PS4's base trophies? I know I earned some trophies before the competition started.

• Like 1