RPG Mania 2021 - Congrats AlterArchuria! (Completed)

9 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Update: While working on both Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth and Genshin Impact, I 100%ed one of Genshin Impact PS4 trophy lists

Genshin Impact: the Dragonspine (not really what the first DLC Trophies is called but is mostly based around Dragonspine)

5 + 2 + 6 = 13

Btw. How much is the minus points for the Genshin Impact PS4's base trophies? I know I earned some trophies before the competition started.

Okay so as far as I can tell basically percentages play into the PSN point values of trophies. 15 points for bronzes, 30 for silver, 90 for gold, and 180 for plats (plats though don't count toward the percentage). Basically your percentage on the list is determined by how many of these points you have out of the total for the list.

So for example currently your main list is at 65% or 11 bronze x 15 points for 165 + 1 silver at 30 points for 195 points out of a total 300 points. 195 ÷ 300 equals 0.65 or your 65 percentage currently.

If we replicate this for your previously earned trophies. 5 bronze and 1 silver will be (5x15+30)=105÷300=0.35 or 35 percent completed.

If you complete the main list your score will look like this.

75 base game no plat + 13 (9 bronze at 1 point, 2 silver at 2 point) - 1.56 completion rate - 10 trophies earned previously = 76.44 points

@Psy-Tychist (might need to confirm what the completion rate is of non plat games the 100% or rarest trophy on main list as the 100% completion used by the site includes dlcs as well) 

Edited by Lord_Bane999

While you're answering questions, let me throw one out there that I'm too lazy to sift through this thread for to see if it was already answered:

I know that the New Game / Speed Run bonuses don't get the double-point or triple-point bonus treatment.  Do DLC trophies work the same way, or do they get added into the math prior to the multiplication?

(I'm ruminating on which RPG to play next; two of my bonus point games have DLC and are among the candidates.)

6 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I have been slacking a bit on updating the scores, but hopefully will have all updates done by the weekend and all questions answered.

I blame having a baby and getting ready for its arrival :P

How wonderful, congrats!! ^_^

If you need any assistance updating stuff, please don't hesitate to reach out

8 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I have been slacking a bit on updating the scores, but hopefully will have all updates done by the weekend and all questions answered.

I blame having a baby and getting ready for its arrival :P

Congrats! As Meso said, if you need any support on the thread & updates just shout, I'd be more than happy to help out

On 7/15/2021 at 4:34 PM, Lord_Bane999 said:

If we replicate this for your previously earned trophies. 5 bronze and 1 silver will be (5x15+30)=105÷300=0.35 or 35 percent completed.

Thank you, noted it down so if I get the last of the trophies of Genshin Impact base game then I know how many minus points I get.

• Like 1

@Kishnabe Slay the Spire and it's DLC aren't classed as RPG on TT and PST.

@Laburnski 13 Sentinels isn't classed as an RPG on any of the sites.

@Leon Castle The minus points would be -10 for Genshin Impact. Based on my calculations the score for Genshin Impact's Base Game would be 71.13 if all trophies are completed and the rarest trophy is 6.87%.

I'm nearly updated with all the scores soon, hopefully I will have more time soon.

On 16/07/2021 at 1:44 AM, acasser said:

While you're answering questions, let me throw one out there that I'm too lazy to sift through this thread for to see if it was already answered:

I know that the New Game / Speed Run bonuses don't get the double-point or triple-point bonus treatment.  Do DLC trophies work the same way, or do they get added into the math prior to the multiplication?

(I'm ruminating on which RPG to play next; two of my bonus point games have DLC and are among the candidates.)

DLC is separate from all other calculations. If you have a Call Out or Double or Triple game with DLC, the DLC is calculated based on the trophies earned only.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@Laburnski 13 Sentinels isn't classed as an RPG on any of the sites.

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim is a SRPG as much like Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception where 70% is a VN and the other 30% is SRPG. The only difference between these two games in terms of gameplay is one is TBS while the other one is RTS. Both games has leveling progress, equipment upgrade, talent/skill that can help player clear the stage easily ( Unless you play on very easy ofc but i blame that on developer for not including difficulty trophies *cough* >:)  )  Not only that eventhough its 70% VN you must progress the SRPG part in order to actually end the game and that rules applies on these two game. On Utawarerumono, the SRPG gameplay goes linear with the flow of the story till the end of game while Aegis Rim its on "separate" menu because the way story told which cant i tell cuz obviously spoiler.

And here are the SS for SRPG to make my point:

Spoiler

Aegis-Rim1.jpgaegisrim2.jpg
aegisrim3.jpg
aegisrim3.jpg

Not really a spoiler actually lol but just in case xD

Also personally i think there are some inconsistency with game that has SRPG gameplay in those sites like for example: SRW X,W, and T are tagged RPG / simulator / strategy yet SRW OG only tagged as strategy ??? same as SD gundam G Generation series. I'll leave the decision to you @Psy-Tychist i'll accept it regardless xD

@Laburnski I can see you really have an explanation :)

After checking PST and TT, TT has this weird term called Turn Based as a genre. From my understanding, Turn Based is a mechanic in games and not a type of game to be defined. Also, nearly all the games in the Turn Based genre also share RPG or Action-RPG as another genre. Therefore, if Turn Based is a genre on TT it is classed as an RPG.

I'll update the scores when I have access to the internet properly.

10 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@Laburnski I can see you really have an explanation :)

After checking PST and TT, TT has this weird term called Turn Based as a genre. From my understanding, Turn Based is a mechanic in games and not a type of game to be defined. Also, nearly all the games in the Turn Based genre also share RPG or Action-RPG as another genre. Therefore, if Turn Based is a genre on TT it is classed as an RPG.

I'll update the scores when I have access to the internet properly.

Just a quick question, will this ruling on the turn-based category on True Trophies also affect Slay the Spire?  It's listed as RPG on here and turn-based on TT

7 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

Just a quick question, will this ruling on the turn-based category on True Trophies also affect Slay the Spire?  It's listed as RPG on here and turn-based on TT

Yes, I will check those that are classed as Turn Based and add points as necessary.

• Like 1

On 19/07/2021 at 1:12 PM, Leon Castle said:

Thank you, noted it down so if I get the last of the trophies of Genshin Impact base game then I know how many minus points I get.

No prob, have you gotten to Inazuma yet? Just fishing up my Liyue Quests tonite myself so can head there next.

17 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Yes, I will check those that are classed as Turn Based and add points as necessary.

Might need to check each game individually then in those cases. There's alot of turn based strategy games with leveling mechanics but not all of them are "RPGs" case in point alot of the Fire Emblem and Advance Wars clones available.

Edit: Also Turn Based is still a sub-genre of strategy games mostly too not just a mechanic. They separate it only because the term can apply within other genres as well. For example with Slay The Spire it's consider a Turn-Based CCG by them. (On the game pages for both PSN and steam it's labelled as purely strategy.)

Rant Below

Honestly though I personally don't see the point of including other games from another genre into this. I joined this because it's suppose to be a RPG event. This now probably what the fourth?? time we've had people call out the rules on getting titles accepted that honestly by this far in should be set in stone. The point I thought of using the three site system was to confirm if a game is truly a rpg. If we're gonna start letting any game in with the littlest of supposed rpg mechanics might as well just end this. Especially if games that were already long shot down are going to get turned around and accepted now.

Everyone here has access to the internet, everyone should be able to confirm a game is marked as a RPG on all three sites or best 2 of 3 or whatever. Like I've said before it shouldn't need to be debated if a game is a RPG every time a title is submitted, especially if it doesn't follow the three site check. Again everyone has access to the internet, everyone can check themselves before they play it. Want to play other games that aren't one? Fine play it but know it might get rejected that's what should happen if the rules aren't followed frankly. It's just getting into an endless thing with these titles and would be like me putting forward Dynasty Warriors 8 or Marvel's Avengers despite neither of them being RPGs because, but look at these stat screens.

Edited by Lord_Bane999

8 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

No prob, have you gotten to Inazuma yet? Just fishing up my Liyue Quests tonite myself so can head there next.

Not yet, I plan to go there then I'm done with the Mock battles in Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth and see if I can get the last Crimson Witch artifact I miss before continuing the quest that take me there.

On 22/07/2021 at 2:51 PM, Leon Castle said:

Not yet, I plan to go there then I'm done with the Mock battles in Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth and see if I can get the last Crimson Witch artifact I miss before continuing the quest that take me there.

I just got to it finally tonite. Definitely alot to in it depsite how small the islands are. Some of the puzzles are a little bit tricky too to access secret areas. Good thing is though it should help provide more then enough XP to push anyone upto Adventure Rank 50 now without endlessly grinding bosses and commissions. Means reaching Ascension 6 will be easier provided one has all the materials for it.

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 1

Update:

Cat Quest
100 + 69 - 76.43 = 92.57 + 50 = 142.57

Cat Quest 2

100 + 64 - 65.51 = 98.49 + 50 = 148.49

On 2021-08-02 at 4:57 AM, Hisuiryu said:

Had a blast with this one I can see why it's so popular - definitely recommend playing it!

Okami HD: 100 + 70 - 14.27 = 155.73

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Okami isn't counted as a RPG based on the majority rule since only 1 site has it as a RPG and the rest adventure.

Edited by AlterArchuria
Added a game
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, AlterArchuria said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Okami isn't counted as a RPG based on the majority rule since only 1 site has it as a RPG and the rest adventure.

...I'll be honest, I only looked here lol. Well I still recommend playing it! ?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hisuiryu said:

...I'll be honest, I only looked here lol. Well I still recommend playing it! 1f605.png

I can't blame you since most do that lol Truth be told I would say its a RPG as well having played it and I even pointed it out this might be a problem when I remember someone calling it out when I was on my reverie/zelda rant xD 

• Like 1