RPG Mania 2021 - Congrats AlterArchuria! (Completed)

On 8/2/2021 at 1:55 PM, AlterArchuria said:

I can't blame you since most do that lol Truth be told I would say its a RPG as well having played it and I even pointed it out this might be a problem when I remember someone calling it out when I was on my reverie/zelda rant xD 

I would argue on behalf of Okami being an action RPG as well; it certainly has most of the elements we typically associate with the label.  It's probably closer than a couple of titles that do count for this competition based on the criteria from other sites calling it such.

1 hour ago, Jens said:

So we ran into a little problem... We wanted Persona 5 Royal as our platinum #200 and it took longer than expected. So I had to park 2 other games at 90+% so... here are three completions at once :P

So I been curious since you have phrased it this way before but by "we" are you saying you are more then one person since while I know there is no rule "technically" that say's you can't be one but just wondering since it is a odd way to phrase it over just using "I"  ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AlterArchuria said:

So I been curious since you have phrased it this way before but by "we" are you saying you are more then one person since while I know there is no rule "technically" that say's you can't be one but just wondering since it is a odd way to phrase it over just using "I"  1f914.png

@Jens plays some games with his girlfriend sitting with him in the same room while he plays, so they experience the game together. So when he refers to "we", he's referring to the shared experience, not multiple people playing on his account.

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, AlterArchuria said:

So I been curious since you have phrased it this way before but by "we" are you saying you are more then one person since while I know there is no rule "technically" that say's you can't be one but just wondering since it is a odd way to phrase it over just using "I"  1f914.png

@eigen-space is exactly right, that's why :P My girlfriend is pretty much my spectator on weekends and super helpful guide-juggler (she likes doing it, I lucked out) when we tackle RPGs. So I tend to say "we" when it's one of the games she's watching all the way through. Nothing sinister going on, just playing a game with someone sitting right next to me.

In this case only P5R is a "we" game, Ikenfell and Torchlight 2 were 100% solo games for me.

13 minutes ago, Jens said:

@eigen-space is exactly right, that's why :P My girlfriend is pretty much my spectator on weekends and super helpful guide-juggler (she likes doing it, I lucked out) when we tackle RPGs. So I tend to say "we" when it's one of the games she's watching all the way through. Nothing sinister going on, just playing a game with someone sitting right next to me.

In this case only P5R is a "we" game, Ikenfell and Torchlight 2 were 100% solo games for me.

Ah that makes sense now, like i said there no rule for it so its all fine and fair as it goes since I was curious xD Though that is one lucky spectator to have since you won't miss anything then lol

It's been a month since I beat anything that would count here. I do have my triple point game 10 seconds from being done....but because I'm Type A when it comes to the way my games in a series fall on my profile, that one is waiting in the wings for now. Got the plat for Torchlight 2 tonight and I got it close enough to @Jens that apparently the trophy rarity hasn't changed since we got the same points. T2 is a Diablo clone that felt very average overall. Did a few things well, but was mostly boring after the first playthrough.

You can put it on the board....YES!

Torchlight 2

100 + 34(34*1b) + 12(6*2s) + 18(3*6g) - 15.06 - 0 = 148.94

/edit

Looks like Slay the Spire counts now...just wanted to put the information for points here since I'm not sure it is on the spreadsheet right:

I did start it before the event and got all the bronze trophies and 1 silver trophy prior to February 1st. It ended up being 36% complete.

Slay the Spire Main game:

100 + 0*1(b) + 16*2(s) + 2*6(g) - 5.80(rarity) - 15 (36% complete) = 123.20

DLC:

1*2(s) = 2

Total game points: 125.20

Edited by Briste
  • Like 3

Undertale= 100+ 64-48.63= 115.37

68.11+125.54+151.96+137.37 +115.37 = 598.35

If Slay the Spire Counts?=

Slay the Spire= 100+70-5.28= 164.72

68.11+125.54+151.96+137.37 +115.37+ 3 (STS DLC)+ 164.72 = 766.07

Edited by Kishnabe
  • Like 4

I've finished the main game for Hand of Fate, but I still have about half the DLC trophies to go.  So I won't tabulate my score for that title until that's done, likely in a couple of days.

I can attack the remaining trophies at a sane pace because I'm not smashing into a time limit for bonus points (for once) -- it's an old game and I'm well beyond the time I'd have had to meet for a Speed Bonus.  I'm not expecting the platinum rarity to move very much at this point; if it does, oh well.

Well, with so many completions on this site even we could reach top 10%, that's rare :P Game #19 and call out #2 done, Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot is doneso.

[100 + 28(B) + 18(S) + 24(G) - 40.22] x 3 + 50 (speedrun) = 439.34

Edited by Jens
  • Like 3