RPG Mania 2021 - Congrats AlterArchuria! (Completed)

Quick update.  I'm about halfway through Star Ocean and a good portion of the way through Alliance Alive.  Thoroughly enjoying Star Ocean, it's definitely one of the better ones.  Alliance Alive is also good but the pacing is a bit off.  Regardless, should be done with one of them by the end of March.  Thinking it'll be Star Ocean.

8 hours ago, willythom88 said:

So I am an idiot.  It just occurred to me I can play any RPG for this event.  I've literally only been playing my bonus games.  Ugh.  My bad.

It's all good, at least you realised this early and not at the end :)

I really wanted Ord. To count for an RPG. If anyone has played it, let me know your thoughts. It's the most basic RPG gaming before we gained tropes about what is an RPG. It's a text adventure in 3 words, you have a word, choose an option from 2 available and an outcome occurs (also in one word)

https://images.app.goo.gl/B7Q5NHrz6aU6vn3L8

Example above.

Imagine Zork (if anyone is old enough to know it) crossed with 'Tell a story in 5 words' except it's 3 words just to make it more succint. I wonder how everybody would view this or classify it.

2 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Imagine Zork (if anyone is old enough to know it) crossed with 'Tell a story in 5 words' except it's 3 words just to make it more succint. I wonder how everybody would view this or classify it.

I grew up with the Infocom text games, although it was my mother who played through them religiously (and made beautiful hand-written maps for them) because I wasn't really old enough at that time to appreciate them or puzzle through them.

A brief perusal of some other sites gives me the impression that Ord isn't really an RPG.  But I also wouldn't have considered any of those Infocom games to be RPGs, either.

11 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

It's all good, at least you realised this early and not at the end :)

I really wanted Ord. To count for an RPG. If anyone has played it, let me know your thoughts. It's the most basic RPG gaming before we gained tropes about what is an RPG. It's a text adventure in 3 words, you have a word, choose an option from 2 available and an outcome occurs (also in one word)

https://images.app.goo.gl/B7Q5NHrz6aU6vn3L8

Example above.

I was just going to mention Zork myself lol. But I agree with Acasser those types of games aren't really RPGs in same sense as we treat them now. I would compare them more to a choose your own adventure game like the tell tale games or visual novels that we have now more then a rpg.

Everyone is updated until yesterday.

@Kishnabe Vera Blanc: Full Moon isn't an RPG, even though it is listed on here as one. Same as Burly Men at Sea or Swordbreaker it's just a Visual Novel with a strange sticker slapped on it. I have no idea about Even the Ocean, so that will count at the moment.

• Like 1

Game #2 is done, just finished Yaga.

100 + 32(B) + 12(S) + 24(G) - 11.06 + 50 = 206.94

Once more just very few platinum achievers, but as the second fastest time behind the LEGENDARY @Inuty... at least those speedrun points feel somewhat deserved this time :P

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Jens said:

Game #2 is done, just finished Yaga.

100 + 32(B) + 12(S) + 24(G) - 11.06 + 50 = 206.94

Once more just very few platinum achievers, but as the second fastest time behind the LEGENDARY @Inuty... at least those speedrun points feel somewhat deserved this time :P

I didnt even tried to accomplish the fastest achiever :P Was a fun and short game. A lot of people are just turned off because of the missables in the game 

• Like 1

Thoughts on Neoverse as an allowed game.
The three sites used does not list the type yet but Steam has it as a strategy JRPG, Google has it Role-playing game Indie game, XboxAchivements has it listed as strategy. TrueAchivements (sister site for TrueTrophies) has it as a rougelike turn based game.

The dev team sold it as a JRPG with a 3D card battle system.