TolmanianDevil

Trophy thoughts

125 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, TolmanianDevil said:

All of the components to 1&2 come inside Hitman 3 - so you won't get three trophy lists but you do get everything there ever was therein

Have they said how this works? Is it all included or is it purchasing legacy packs/redeeming from within the older titles like it was with Hitman 2?

Edited by Cleggworth

Very easy, but with a platinum (finally)

17 minutes ago, Cleggworth said:

Have they said how this works? Is it all included or is it purchasing legacy packs/redeeming from within the older titles like it was with Hitman 2?

It's like how Hitman 2 did it. 
So, you will need to redeem the legacy pack from older games.

Trophy thoughts? I think it's sick a new game already has DLC expansions. Ridiculous.

Let me get this straight. What if I don't own Hitman 1 & 2 at all. Will I be able to still play those missions in Hitman 3 and could I basically get every single trophy without needing to own 1 & 2?

They state that the missions from 1 & 2 will be in Hitman, does that not mean it's essensially Hitman 1 & 2 without owning them?

Can't wait to play this in VR, never played a Hitman game before. 

Might actually pick this up now that it has a :platinum:

2 minutes ago, TolmanianDevil said:

The base Hitman 3 will be all you have at launch if you don't own 1&2 - if you want to buy the DLC for those two you will be able to, and at that point you will have all three in one client.

Incidentally, Hitman 4 is planned to be within Hitman 3 as well.

Thank you for explaining that. Just what I needed to know!

9 minutes ago, TolmanianDevil said:

The base Hitman 3 will be all you have at launch if you don't own 1&2 - if you want to buy the DLC for those two you will be able to, and at that point you will have all three in one client.

Easy enough. Just buy and play Hitman 3. If you enjoy it, buy 1 and 2 if you so please to. 

Edited by MikeCheck--

I am not looking forward to replaying all of the sniper challenges again.

I have a theory that the legacy trophies might auto pop. The lists for Hitman 1/2 have been simplified (and are all Bronze now) so that they're "Complete the mission, reach level 20/ complete all challenges'. These would likely autopop and there's no miscellaneous trophies to watch out for/redo like the 'Elephants Never Forget' one from HITMAN or the 'Pink Army' one from HITMAN 2. However I get the feeling that we might have to redo the training level trophies since they are part of the base list instead. Just a theory, what do you guys think?

Edited by bikeman223

15 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

I am not looking forward to replaying all of the sniper challenges again.

The waltz of death on Himmelstein.... 😫

32 minutes ago, TolmanianDevil said:

Incidentally, Hitman 4 is planned to be within Hitman 3 as well.

Are the 3 dlc part of the deluxe escalation contracts? If yes, i'm getting the deluxe edition instead, i never bought Hitman 1 and 2

6 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

I have a theory that the legacy trophies might auto pop. The lists for Hitman 1/2 have been simplified (and are all Bronze now) so that they're "Complete the mission, reach level 20/ complete all challenges'. These would likely autopop and there's no miscellaneous trophies to watch out for/redo like the 'Elephants Never Forget' one from HITMAN or the 'Pink Army' one from HITMAN 2. However I get the feeling that we might have to redo the training level trophies since they are part of the base list instead. Just a theory, what do you guys think?

If the progression does indeed transfer over this is what I'm hoping will happen. Possibly one playthrough of each map to trigger?

1 minute ago, Cleggworth said:

If the progression does indeed transfer over this is what I'm hoping will happen. Possibly one playthrough of each map to trigger?

Yeah. Worst case scenario, if there is no auto-pop, we might just have to replay all the old levels once so that the game recognises our mastery level/challenges.

58 minutes ago, LazyJournalist said:

How long does it take to reach level 20 on a single map? 

It takes about average of 6 hours I would say. If you have no idea what you are doing it can upwards towards 8.

1 hour ago, LazyJournalist said:

How long does it take to reach level 20 on a single map? 

It can go really quickly if you complete the Classic Challenges on Master Difficulty, assuming this works the same as HITMAN 2.

I was not actually minding replaying all the old levels again for trophies even though I played them quite recent. Played hitman 1 in 2019 and hitman 2 in 2020 but with them all being bronze now loses motivation to do that and wouldn’t mind auto unlocking them even though I usually hate that as feels cheap. 

hopefully the base game has plenty of content. 

i cba to do that training level a 3rd time though. 

Finally a platinum trophy! I didn’t buy the previous two because they didn’t have it and some other stuff. 

Now I can finally return to the world of Agent 47. 

I'm just gonna ask again in case anyone knows. Won't there be a PS4 list?

4 minutes ago, EstebanFox said:

I'm just gonna ask again in case anyone knows. Won't there be a PS4 list?

Yes there will be

The platinum looks pretty attainable, though finding a contract you can #1 for Top of the Class is going to be annoying. And a full 100% is going to be stymied (for me) by needing to get 1,000,000 points on all three sniper challenges.  Still, I'm stoked to see the end of the World of Assassination trilogy, and hope they'll close the series off with some nice post-release challenge packs, escalations and elusive targets.