TolmanianDevil

Trophy thoughts

125 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, GTAJJ said:

I'm super excited. This list is making me feel like that sweating guy. If you wonder why, look at my signature lol

http://gph.is/1O2X4gu

Looks like someone beat you to that Blood Money one by half an hour :( Impressive nonetheless :)

On 11.01.2021 at 10:43 PM, KillLaGil said:

completing all challenges for certain maps gonna be tough , im suck at suit only silent assasin stuff

Actually no. All challenges trophies is only for Sniper Assassin missions. All this trophies for all challenges were present in Hitman 2 trophy lists. SOSA challenges are for only easy missions with clear guides how to complete them. Until there is no Colorado SOSA challenge this is fine. 

Most of the trophies are easy. Much more easier than it was in original lists. All missions will require 20lvl mastery (which may be completed automatically via save transfer). And some missions will require one SO/SA completion if you not done it in Hitman 1/2

Edited by Greidis

On 2021-01-11 at 11:41 PM, Surgical_Assault said:

What would you of liked changed to the list exactly?

I wish they didn’t bring back any trophies for Hitman (2016) & Hitman 2 (2018). I think it’s lame that they’re trying to reuse content for a third time in the case of Hitman 1 & a second time for Hitman 2. I really enjoy the games but their lists are poorly made. It’s basically ‘This many trophies for each map & there’s a trophy for getting level 20, beating it once, getting however many assassinations, using a starter load out an Easter egg one and maybe another. Besides the Easter egg trophies all the trophies felt extremely bland and uninspired. This reason alone wouldn’t stop me from buying the game, but they didn’t make a steel book version so I don’t feel compelled to get it physically, I’m moving over to PC & they did a deal with Epic for exclusivity.  

On 2021-01-12 at 1:06 AM, Rrorkk said:

I've never understood trophies dictating whether you play a game or not

That alone isn’t the only reason i won’t play the game personally, that’s  actually quite far down my list. 

12 hours ago, lordzeze said:

Does anyone know if Hitman 3 has PS4 to PS5 save transfer?

I'd like to know this too (speaking about PS5 version and not the PS4 version played on PS5, obviously).

If someone is about to buy a PS4 version and upgrade to a PS5 version let us know please :)

2 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

I wish they didn’t bring back any trophies for Hitman (2016) & Hitman 2 (2018). I think it’s lame that they’re trying to reuse content for a third time in the case of Hitman 1 & a second time for Hitman 2. I really enjoy the games but their lists are poorly made. It’s basically ‘This many trophies for each map & there’s a trophy for getting level 20, beating it once, getting however many assassinations, using a starter load out an Easter egg one and maybe another. Besides the Easter egg trophies all the trophies felt extremely bland and uninspired. This reason alone wouldn’t stop me from buying the game, but they didn’t make a steel book version so I don’t feel compelled to get it physically, I’m moving over to PC & they did a deal with Epic for exclusivity.  

So you don't want any trophies? I still dont get what the problem is, the trophies are basically tied to exploring the map and trying different things which is the whole fun of these sandbox hitman games, unless you just run through with a video guide then it would seem repetitive. Plus you dont have to care about thew trophies just enjoy the game for the fun it is.

Does anybody know if the progress of Hitman 1 and 2 is automatically carried to Hitman 3 or do I have the possibility to decide myself? 

The reason is: I would like to play all locations again to receive the bronze trophies. I don't like the autopop and I like it to do something for the trophy in a more honest way... and I am really a fan of the new Hitman series...

Tempted to pick this up for the PS5.

For someone who only briefly played the first on PS4 but never the second, will I miss much at all? I hear that you can go back and replay Hitman 1 & 2 with this but you need to own the games previously, is this right?

17 hours ago, zadorvp said:

Looks like someone beat you to that Blood Money one by half an hour :( Impressive nonetheless :)

Hmm that's pretty odd because I think I have posted a pic of this leaderboard with this guy in number 2 and a platinum. And unless I find that pic, I have no reason to doubt so I'll guess It'll have to be "UK first instead". Oof lol

3 hours ago, pidi48 said:

Tempted to pick this up for the PS5.

For someone who only briefly played the first on PS4 but never the second, will I miss much at all? I hear that you can go back and replay Hitman 1 & 2 with this but you need to own the games previously, is this right?

If you want to understand the story, I'd just watch the cutscenes from Hitman 1 and 2 on YT, that's where most of the story takes place and it shouldn't take you more than an hour for each game to catch up. Hitman 1 and 2 are, in my opinion, both great games but the story is mostly told outside of gameplay which is apparently one of the things Hitman 3 is going to improve and there's going to be more of the story told through events in game.

At this point, Hitman 4's DLC will probably ask us to beat Kane & Lynch on permadeath mode.

I fail to see the appeal of this type of "expansions".

I'm tempted to pick this up. I played 1 but never finished it because I got distracted by some other games and then picked up 2 but never started it. Now I'm contemplating picking up 3 and just playing from 1-3 on 3's version. So just cuz I own the first 2 games, I should get access to all the maps even if I might not have the saved data for 1 right? I never started 2 so I have no save data for that. 

On 1/11/2021 at 5:37 PM, Denvirus said:

I will offer an unpopular opinion, I am happy to see trophies from the old maps again. More reason to go experience them again. Hell, I was hoping H3 would outdo H2 for total trophy count.

I guess it depends on how much time you spent with H1 and H2. After around 75 hours or so with each game, it's a little de-motivating. Also, for some reason it just seemed weird to play H1 levels after completing H2 in this particular series. Who knows, maybe there's new targets and at least there's no Escalation trophies.

Also, H3 will more than likely be adding trophies in DLC.

Edited by pathtoninja

The only thing more lazy and pathetic than this trophy list, are the "trophy thoughts?" threads.

Stop paying $80 for games you've already played before.

Can anyone with an early copy (on PS4) tell me if my assumption that this is a 200+ GB game is right or wrong?

22 hours ago, HellcoreFire said:

Can anyone with an early copy (on PS4) tell me if my assumption that this is a 200+ GB game is right or wrong?

Wrong.

59 GB on PS4 and PS5 (59+59), without day one patch (think it includes VR)

5 minutes ago, MynraVJ said:

Wrong.

59 GB on PS4 and PS5 (59+59), without day one patch (think it includes VR)

Is this with Hitman 1 and 2 included or just Hitman 3?

2 hours ago, HellcoreFire said:

Is this with Hitman 1 and 2 included or just Hitman 3?

Even if you haven't bought Hitman 1 and Hitman 2, they are included in those 59gb

On 1/16/2021 at 0:50 PM, HellcoreFire said:

Each version is 59GB, prior to day one dlc from HM1+2. 

With the addons from 1+2, its expected to be roughly 90GB least on PC.

1 minute ago, MynraVJ said:

Even if you haven't bought Hitman 1 and Hitman 2, they are included in those 59gb

No they aren't, the access packs aren't yet available and there will be content to download day one. They show in game, yes, but you still have to download some stuff. Was the same for the Legacy HM1 stuff in HM2.

Edited by ImAPirateSoSueMe

Oh thank fuck, finally a platinum. I was half-losing my mind trying to 100% Hitman 2 but knowing there was no plat.

looks like a perfect time to think about 100% in new HITMAN trilogy. cant imagine to redo 100% of first game for third time, for example

On 15.01.2021 at 11:03 PM, pathtoninja said:

Also, H3 will more than likely be adding trophies in DLC.

umm i didnt hear any plans about DLC in Hitman 3. are they actually planning to add new locations there?

Edited by Voland44

Just found out about this yesterday. I already preordered a while ago but this makes me even more excited ^^

Any word if playing the PS4 version, then hopping on the PS5 version pops trophies?

the developers confirmed that progress carries over from PS4 to PS5 and vice versa.

Edited by MikeCheck--

I don’t think I’ll bother carrying over my progress I don’t like auto unlocking them. Feels cheap and de values my trophies. Will get more playtime out of the game if I do them again. It’s good that they are so replayable levels