[Video] Demon's Souls - Platinum Speedrun - Everyman's Guide

Optinooby

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this better/easier than what's mentioned as the step by step guide within the trophy guide on this site? This one seems longer due to what looks like an extra play

through. The trophy guide on this site only has one playthrough

I'm completely new to the game so i can't tell

Edited by Hvalpen
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hvalpen said:

Is this better/easier than what's mentioned as the step by step guide within the trophy guide on this site? This one seems longer due to what looks like an extra play

I was totally new to the game also and i can 100% recommend this guide. Was very easy to follow and got me the plat.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hvalpen said:

Of course it's a matter of opinion, mine is faster and easier yes, better though, that's up to to decide 

Both guides are 2 playthroughs btw (has NG+ at the end), I kill perhaps 2 more bosses is all, but mine is more optimal and gets you a OVERPOWERED build (once ready, literally almost everything including bosses die in 1 to 2 hits from a distance without glitches). My guide may look longer on paper, but it's much quicker.

Some examples: Most guides have you continue Ostravas questline for his key which can get pretty complicated and a little RNG later on, but I kill him in 1st encounter, end of quest, key required.

Another instance is most guides have you suiciding after each boss in the Nexus, these are WASTED DEATHS. I actually suicide on levels strategically so later on, a level is already at a certain WT, less trouble and more efficient.

Lots of little things like this plus more, the biggest thing is my OP build which you can't use on other guides.

You could always watch mine, but also read the Walkthrough here, and decide then and if any questions why I do this differently or that, you can always ask here or on the video comments.

Whatever you decide on m8, good luck ;)

3 hours ago, thiagoam87 said:

Wonderful, mate! Thank you very much for all this work!!

Pleasure pal 

3 hours ago, Quink666 said:

I was totally new to the game also and i can 100% recommend this guide. Was very easy to follow and got me the plat.

And many thank yous for the recommendation mate ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

@Optinooby super nice guide! Very clear and love your humor.

Question on farming pure black bladestone, for some reason this skeleton doesn't drop it for me (at the moment) . Since you need it for the Ring of Longevity is it also possible to try to get/farm it in NG+? And if so, do you come to 4.2 during NG+ in PW or PB and does it make a difference in drop rate of a pure black item?

3 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

@Optinooby super nice guide! Very clear and love your humor.

Question on farming pure black bladestone, for some reason this skeleton doesn't drop it for me (at the moment) . Since you need it for the Ring of Longevity is it also possible to try to get/farm it in NG+? And if so, do you come to 4.2 during NG+ in PW or PB and does it make a difference in drop rate of a pure black item?

The skeleton will drop it mate, ur just getting bad RNG. We do PW in NG+, iirc, PB is near the end of NG, then we reload to go back to PW.

I guess what you could do, assuming we pop the trophy after we go into PB briefly, is after that, go and get the drop from the skeleton, get the trophy and THEN revert back to PW!

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

The skeleton will drop it mate, ur just getting bad RNG. We do PW in NG+, iirc, PB is near the end of NG, then we reload to go back to PW.

I guess what you could do, assuming we pop the trophy after we go into PB briefly, is after that, go and get the drop from the skeleton, get the trophy and THEN revert back to PW!

pretty bad RNG I guess, I did already about 250 runs. Got a good amount of souls ?

whole NG+ is in PW? Which trophy do you mean with 'I guess what you could do, assuming we pop the trophy after we go into PB briefly, is after that, go and get the drop from the skeleton, get the trophy and THEN revert back to PW!'?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

pretty bad RNG I guess, I did already about 250 runs. Got a good amount of souls 1f601.png

whole NG+ is in PW? Which trophy do you mean with 'I guess what you could do, assuming we pop the trophy after we go into PB briefly, is after that, go and get the drop from the skeleton, get the trophy and THEN revert back to PW!'?

You have to go PB don't you to get that item from the NPC quest in the Nexus. Well we get that last so that we can reload and go straight back to PW after with little fuss.

Is it the Mephistos questline, I forget his name??

23 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

You have to go PB don't you to get that item from the NPC quest in the Nexus. Well we get that last so that we can reload and go straight back to PW after with little fuss.

Is it the Mephistos questline, I forget his name??

I haven't got to that yet. Will have a look at your vids (NG or NG+?)

Alternative would be is to follow your guide and do a NG++, go to 4.1 all the way to the arc stone, farm the skeleton. I can go as black as I can/need to go. The trade is in 4.1 anyway. So get the trophies for all the rings the last. Or am I overseeing something?

Edited by gladiatorrrrrrr

2 minutes ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

I haven't got to that yet. Will have a look at your vids (NG or NG+?)

Alternative would be is to follow your guide and do a NG++, go to 4.1 all the way to the arc stone, farm the skeleton. I can go as black as I can/need to go. The trade is in 4.1 anyway. So get the trophies for all the rings the last. Or am I overseeing something?

If you don't do PB when I do, it's going to mess up the order, unless you wanna go in2 NG+ as PB, but then the game will be harder and NG+ is harder anyway.

PB decreases the damage you deal and increases the damage you take iirc, it makes NG+ much harder.

The PB questline gets you a Ring iirc, but you must have progressed the story so much first because the NPCs need to be available in the Nexus that advance the PB questline. So it's not a case that you can do this quest whenever.

16 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

If you don't do PB when I do, it's going to mess up the order, unless you wanna go in2 NG+ as PB, but then the game will be harder and NG+ is harder anyway.

PB decreases the damage you deal and increases the damage you take iirc, it makes NG+ much harder.

The PB questline gets you a Ring iirc, but you must have progressed the story so much first because the NPCs need to be available in the Nexus that advance the PB questline. So it's not a case that you can do this quest whenever.

I think I understand it now, you are referring to this in your guide:

After getting the magic and miracles trophy, then kill the 3 x NPCs on the Miracle shop side of the Nexus, be sure to loot Saint Urbain for the RING OF DEVOUT PRAYER (29/30), then kill the 2 x NPCs on the magic side but NOT Yuria. With them dead, go and kill Patches and Biorr, you will be at PB CT at this point. With them dead, save & quit to reload the Nexus, then go to the 2nd floor and accept Mephistopheles quest to kill Yuria. Now go and kill Yuria, then report back to the quest giver to get the final ring, FOE'S RING (30/30).

after accepting M's quest  but before actually killing Yuria I can go to 4.2 for farming the skeleton in PB , right?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for answering them!

Edited by gladiatorrrrrrr
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

I think I understand it now, you are referring to this in your guide:

After getting the magic and miracles trophy, then kill the 3 x NPCs on the Miracle shop side of the Nexus, be sure to loot Saint Urbain for the RING OF DEVOUT PRAYER (29/30), then kill the 2 x NPCs on the magic side but NOT Yuria. With them dead, go and kill Patches and Biorr, you will be at PB CT at this point. With them dead, save & quit to reload the Nexus, then go to the 2nd floor and accept Mephistopheles quest to kill Yuria. Now go and kill Yuria, then report back to the quest giver to get the final ring, FOE'S RING (30/30).

after accepting M's quest  but before actually killing Yuria I can go to 4.2 for farming the skeleton in PB , right?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for answering them!

Ah yea that's right mate, or you can go afterwards, but that is the questline I'm referring to so you're on the right track. Good job finding the info, I forgot I wrote it all down actually and was trying to remember via memory!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Ah yea that's right mate, or you can go afterwards, but that is the questline I'm referring to so you're on the right track. Good job finding the info, I forgot I wrote it all down actually and was trying to remember via memory!!

super, will try that out! Would you recommend to just swap the three items I have

• Talisman of God > Colourless Demon Soul.
  • Gold Mask > Colourless Demon Soul.
  • Pure Bladestone > Ring of Longevity (26/30)
  • Gold Coin > Ring of Uneven Scales (27/30)

Or just do it all together after I have the Pure Bladestone

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

super, will try that out! Would you recommend to just swap the three items I have

• Talisman of God > Colourless Demon Soul.
  • Gold Mask > Colourless Demon Soul.
  • Pure Bladestone > Ring of Longevity (26/30)
  • Gold Coin > Ring of Uneven Scales (27/30)

Or just do it all together after I have the Pure Bladestone

Whatever you think is best mate, that's when we go into PB so that's the best time to do the farming at least if you think PB may affect the drop rates. I was never confident how helpful PB made the drop rate as end of the day it's still bad RNG, I had done PW and PB farming and neither seemed better so I just went with PW.

Anything else like you mention, just switch it around as suits you, just being careful you don't mess anything up, I can't say for sure myself and I don't recall all the requirements surrounding stuff 

21 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

@Optinooby awesome guide I didn't know this existed when I played throughs the game.  you been making some of the best guides Ender lilies and Salt and sanctuary are two I used.  Hoping you make one for Salt and Sacrifice when it drops!  Thanks for all your hard work!

Definitely likely absolutely willingly will do so ;)

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

Whatever you think is best mate, that's when we go into PB so that's the best time to do the farming at least if you think PB may affect the drop rates. I was never confident how helpful PB made the drop rate as end of the day it's still bad RNG, I had done PW and PB farming and neither seemed better so I just went with PW

Do you think that world tendency can make a difference?

23 minutes ago, Stars_of_Sirius said:

Is it possible to follow this guide only from the point forms? I don't want to miss anything but I do want to explore everything and take my time without watching the video. I'm curious if you have important info in the video that I need to watch so I don't mess anything up. 

How do you mean, do you mean all the text steps enough without the videos??

There is always important info in my videos, I break things down and stuff to explain.

You could follow the text steps, and then if you get stuck anyone or need more info, just try to find the spot in the video for some clarity.

I use a Super Hyper build btw eventually, we one shot bosses eventually!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Optinooby said:

How do you mean, do you mean all the text steps enough without the videos??

There is always important info in my videos, I break things down and stuff to explain.

You could follow the text steps, and then if you get stuck anyone or need more info, just try to find the spot in the video for some clarity.

I use a Super Hyper build btw eventually, we one shot bosses eventually!!

Basically. I want to just use your shortened text to guide me through instead of watching the videos especially since I want to kill every enemy and take my time, but I don't want to miss anything. I just want to make sure that if I only read your text, I won't miss any trophies or screw anything up. Could you confirm that?