Toxic Players

Armymed101

Why does it never seem to fail that we have some of the most toxic players at night? I swear when I play during the day, USA CT, I have hard working teammates. But at night? Nope. The actual teamwork dies and angry children play. It really ruins the fun sometimes... Maybe it's just me

• Like 1

I swear.... I can't stand some of the crap that happens in Rocket League. Like, it's a soccer game, with race cars. I just was playing a match and some dude PM'ed me saying that, "You are such a *****. Get good and maybe you wont have to kill yourself."

Like, wtf? 

Edited by Armymed101
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Armymed101 said:

Why does it never seem to fail that we have some of the most toxic players at night? I swear when I play during the day, USA CT, I have hard working teammates. But at night? Nope. The actual teamwork dies and angry children play. It really ruins the fun sometimes... Maybe it's just me

As long as you give an option to Text Chat or Microphone, you're going to have idiots. That's why I hate companies that automatically have Voice Chat the second you join a lobby. It should be muted for everyone, then if you want to hear all the different ways that some kid is going to 'do your mum', you can unmute. I shouldn't have to go down every single person to do it myself.

Also, I shouldn't have to mute my own microphone every time, it should be auto-off.

But yeah, on Rocket League the other day, it was a steam of 'noooooooooob' and tw@t all down my screen.

• Like 1

I merged the topics @Armymed101 since they were very similar topics. You can discuss about toxic experiences in general in one topic.

OT: I heard Rocket league was pretty bad but DBD is pretty toxic too. When I finally decide to try Rocket league, it'll be interesting to see how much more/less toxic it is in comparison. Ultimately, it was the reason I stopped playing DBD. Wonder if I'll get the same type of feeling with this game?

• Like 1

Rocket League requires a lot of skill. The game is unique, you don't have anything like it, meaning it takes a lot of practice to master and when you get decent some people think they are gods and better than everyone. I haven't played in a while now but this is what I learned from playing the game since 2016. (My highest rank was Champion III).

Bronze - Learning, but usually aren't toxic unless they are playing against smurfs.

Silver - They can now drive and jump somewhat consistently. Still not really toxic.

Gold - They now hit the ball most times and score most easy goals. This is where toxicity starts. ''Bronzes and Silvers are trash''

Platinum - They mastered ground play and are starting to learn aerial play. Really toxic towards lower players.

Diamond - You can now shoot, fly, do some cool shots, etc. You are now really good so you are even more toxic. (imo this is the most toxic rank tied with champions)

Champions - You can now do pretty much everything. So usually they are a bit cocky because they finally reach the purple ranks stage (it's a hit or miss 50/50, either toxic or nice)

GC - Never reached that rank but taking in mind I was C3 Div 3, I would say it's probably similar to champions but maybe not as bad. 

I stopped playing the game when they added the new ranks but again I would assume it's similiar to GC.

Also huge ways to know if you are going to play with toxic players are:

- Rude club names.

- Rude player names

- Have eSports teams on their Club Tag (usually these players are really up their own ass and think they are gonna be pros)

- Have the Rocket League Championship Avatar.

In the end this game is amazing, if the toxicity is bothering you, you can always change your chat settings to either Team Only or for the kickoff callouts only.

Edited by omnx-supak

You should play some Dead by Daylight. The people there are equally brain dead. Best thing you can do is either make it so only friends can message you, I don’t recommend it though or you can report them. It does the job. They either get a temp ban or a warning from Sony.  You get notified if the report was valid or not just a few hours after the report. 

I myself enjoy the toxic messages. I always a good laugh to read some of the messages. You have to be a certain type lowlife to get upset enough to send angry messages to someone over a video game. Report and block!

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/01/2021 at 5:28 AM, RadiantFlamberge said:

I just don't do multiplayer. If I did, I would mute all players and shut my mic off. Problem solved.

In case someone does send you a toxic message, you really shouldn't deign to reply to them. Don't risk escalating it. Say nothing back. Just R&B.

Or if they send you toxic stuff via PS messages, report them and they will most likely get a mute or banned.
I have got a few people banned this way for some right horrible messages 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2021 at 8:08 AM, M3RiTzUK said:

Or if they send you toxic stuff via PS messages, report them and they will most likely get a mute or banned.
I have got a few people banned this way for some right horrible messages 

So I just had someone message me privately some really bad stuff... How do I report them to Rocket League? Or is it only PS?

Hmm, I usually play early morning hours, around midnight to 5 am and I haven't run into anyone toxic. Most people just rage quit the game if they aren't winning lol But I also have voice chat turned off or am usually in a party, but been lucky with not getting messages. It seems like the higher tier side of things is a bit too competitive for my liking. I played with a friend of mine once and he's super high up there so the matchmaking scaled to his level instead of my new level. It was terrible lol

5 hours ago, Armymed101 said:

So I just had someone message me privately some really bad stuff... How do I report them to Rocket League? Or is it only PS?

If it was sent over VIA PS, Click the message (text of the message he has sent) and you should see a report option. 

I've only come across one toxic player on RL, and that was earlier this evening. A few awful messages directed at myself and my fiancee, led to the both of us scoring own goals in order for the child to get mad and leave. It was fun, and the best way of making a toxic player leave.

Edited by frontzie
typo

1 hour ago, Annoyingtiger888 said:

Is it possible to report their epic account? Or visit their psn and block them that way? 

I think if you are in the match and they are toxic etc ( Language/Racisim etc ) you can report them ingame while in the match with them.

If you would like to report another player’s behavior during a match, go to the in-game menu and select Mute/Report. Select one of the following options: 

Verbal Text Harassment (offensive language, flooding, etc.)

Unsportsmanlike conduct (intentional disruption of the game, AFK’ers. etc.)

Cheating (smurfing, opponent collusion, etc.)

AFK Farming (any use of automated bots for purpose of farming XP, Items, etc.)

Inappropriate Club name (offensive club name)

10 minutes ago, M3RiTzUK said:

You are the problem. May i ask what you get out of being that toxic? At the end of the day, its a football game with cars... I can not wait to get my last trophy for the platinum and leave this game for good... people like you need to realise its a game, some play for fun/casual and some play all the time... grow up!...Just saying. 

They get a rise out of people. Like you’re doing now. If no one reacted to them and stopped giving them exactly what they want, they’d stop. 

5 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

They get a rise out of people. Like you’re doing now. If no one reacted to them and stopped giving them exactly what they want, they’d stop. 

True, but they need to be told the truth sometimes, they will never stop... its a shame, RL would be so much better without people like him...
He seems to be a child anyway just from his reply. 

Edited by M3RiTzUK