How Do You Farm Silver Rathalos Investigations?

I've only got Small crown Ruiner Nergigante left for elder dragons(and about two dozen Ruiner Nergigante investigations with gold and silver and only one bronze reward as well as a few tempered) so I'm trying to focus on the non-event monsters now and gathering investigations.

However while Gold Rathian didn't pose an issue and I got a ton of good investigations with the proper reward line up, Silver Rathalos is posing an issue because I only have one investigation. I'm pretty sure I got it when I ran Ode to Destruction and I've run that a bunch of times but I have not gotten a Silver Rathalos investigation since then. Also for whatever reason the game has been giving me a load of brute tigrex missions despite getting both crowns from the one event quest.

Are there any specific monsters that would be ideal for gathering tracks in Elder Recess, also are there any food buffs that would make investigations pop easier from collecting tracks that require gathering ingredients? I've got the charm already that increases research and scoutfly levels but investigations don't seem to pop frequently enough.

Both Brachydios and Glavenus are in the tier group you can follow around elder recess to get Silver Rathalos investigations.  I think Savage Jho also works.

Felyne Researcher is the food buff you're ideally looking for as that unlocks investigations more easily from gathering tracks, breaking parts etc.  Basically once I had felyne researcher I just went around Elders Recess and stayed there for a few hours picking up all the tracks I could, and once I was full on investigations I would return to base and check what I had.

I'd say to make sure you have done the Special Arena Silver Rathalos optional mission too, as I noticed that Silver Rath investigations didn't start showing up for me until I had done that.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Both Brachydios and Glavenus are in the tier group you can follow around elder recess to get Silver Rathalos investigations.  I think Savage Jho also works.

Felyne Researcher is the food buff you're ideally looking for as that unlocks investigations more easily from gathering tracks, breaking parts etc.  Basically once I had felyne researcher I just went around Elders Recess and stayed there for a few hours picking up all the tracks I could, and once I was full on investigations I would return to base and check what I had.

I'd say to make sure you have done the Special Arena Silver Rathalos optional mission too, as I noticed that Silver Rath investigations didn't start showing up for me until I had done that.

Ok that worked and I got the small gold crown out of it, now I just need to keep reloading the investigation stacks until I get a large crown.

What monster pools are linked to Gold Rathian and Scarred Yian garuga?

3 hours ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Ok that worked and I got the small gold crown out of it, now I just need to keep reloading the investigation stacks until I get a large crown.

What monster pools are linked to Gold Rathian and Scarred Yian garuga?

Nice congrats!

Gold Rathian is the same monster pool as Silver Rathalos, again just make sure you've done the Special Arena optional quest for Gold Rathian for the investigations to start popping up.  For Scarred Yian Garuga, you need threat level 2 tempered monsters - for me I farmed these investigations in the guiding lands and had a Wildspire Waste region at level 7, so I just used Diablos/Black Diablos lures to bring out a tempered one and then followed that around gathering footprints.  I'm pretty sure you need to have done the regular Yian Garuga quest called Return of the Crazy One (unlocked at Guiding Lands Forest region level 3)

Any threat level 2 tempered monster would work for getting Scarred Yian Garuga investigations, so if you have a different region at level 7 or other lures, you can check this list to work out which monsters are in the same tier: 

• Like 1

I made a bit of a Discovery, I think Silver Rathalos is hard for people to find for large gold crown because most of the videos shown like Abyss's measurement video is the larger of the large gold crowns

However a rathalos at this size rarely has shown up. My large gold crown was 2096.19 and it had zero of the hallmarks of the one in this video.

Instead there's this video that featured the proper size measurements of the far more common large gold crown

Abyss however did do a video with the right way to measure, but it came from the Azure Rathalos who shares the same size as the Silver Rath

So there's a real good chance that people who take ages to get Silver Rathalos have been skipping the smaller large gold crown in favor of the largest of large gold crowns who has less than a 1% to spawn.

• Like 1