Indiana Jones game announced

Crispy_Oglop

New Indiana Jones game on the way from Bethesda and Wolfenstein team

Teaser suggests this is the first for the new Lucasfilm Games label

An Indiana Jones game, made by Machinegames and executive produced by Todd Howard, is in development, according to a surprise teaser Bethesda Softworks tweeted Tuesday morning.

The teaser is light on details — such as a launch date or window, or platforms — but there’s no mistaking this is an Indiana Jones game. This year, Lucasfilm will celebrate the 40th anniversary of Raiders of the Lost Ark’s premiere.

A follow-up tweet from Bethesda said Todd Howard, creative director of Bethesda Game Studios, would serve as executive producer for the untitled game. It will feature an original story, and isn’t an adaptation of an earlier one.

Despite the film series’ popularity, Indiana Jones video games have been hard to come by, outside of their Lego adaptations by Traveller’s Tales. The most recent was 2009’s Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings, for the Wii and PlayStation 2, with versions for the Nintendo DS and PlayStation Portable. The game had been planned for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and development was said to be at a fairly advanced stage in 2008, when Lucasarts abruptly canceled the project for those platforms.

On Monday, Lucasfilm announced that the Lucasfilm Games label would now accompany all video game adaptations of Lucasfilm properties, going forward. This would seem to be the first game going out with that branding.

MachineGames, owned by Bethesda Softworks, has made four adaptations of id Software’s Wolfenstein series, beginning with 2014’s Wolfenstein: The New Order. Microsoft bought Bethesda parent ZeniMax Media in September.

https://www.polygon.com/2021/1/12/22226965/indiana-jones-video-game-bethesda-machinegames-release-date-teaser

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 1:16 PM, Property_Damage said:

movie licensed games are never good

Definitely not true of older pixel generations and even more recently plenty of good 3D ones exist.

Goldeneye 007, King Kong, Spider-Man 2, X-Men Origins Wolverine and Toy Story 3 just to name a few of the most stand out ones.

34 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

Definitely not true of older pixel generations and even more recently plenty of good 3D ones exist.

Goldeneye 007, King Kong, Spider-Man 2, X-Men Origins Wolverine and Toy Story 3 just to name a few of the most stand out ones.

Idk man, E.T. Is a prime example for my case and point And im pretty sure that game killed the industry at one point lmao thats kinda where my opinion stemmed from, the golden age of video games, atari, nes, etc where everything had movie tie in games, (Home alone, last action hero, etc) Just watch like any angry video game nerd video

im sure ill catch some heat for this one But Goldeneye by todays standards fucking sucks

sure it was half way decent playing against friends local co op/ local multiplayer 25 years ago but looking back on it now, it hasnt aged well at all but you know, to each his or her own

I did a few Disney/pixar games and terminator to name a few...for trophies Obviously and from my experience Those particular movie games were trash

so from my personal experience, i dont hold much regard for this genre , no biggie

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Idk man, E.T. Is a prime example for my case and point And im pretty sure that game killed the industry at one point lmao thats kinda where my opinion stemmed from, the golden age of video games, atari, nes, etc where everything had movie tie in games, (Home alone, last action hero, etc) Just watch like any angry video game nerd video

im sure ill catch some heat for this one But Goldeneye by todays standards fucking sucks

sure it was half way decent playing against friends local co op/ local multiplayer 25 years ago but looking back on it now, it hasnt aged well at all but you know, to each his or her own

I did a few Disney/pixar games and terminator to name a few...for trophies Obviously and from my experience Those particular movie games were trash

so from my personal experience, i dont hold much regard for this genre , no biggie

I don't really put much stock in the Atari games in general since video games had no formula. The NES had some good movie games like Little Nemo, Willow and Batman. NES also had equally bad original games not tied to a movie like Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde, Renegade and Deadly Towers.

I don't think it's fair to judge a game by later standards. Once Uncharted 2 came out Uncharted 1 already felt dated. Does that somehow make UC1 any less amazing from when it first came out? I don't think so. Without UC1 we wouldn't have got to UC2. Without GoldenEye we wouldn't have any shooters like Halo, Call of Duty, Metroid Prime and yes even Uncharted. A lot of the stuff GE did at the time was cutting edge, its biggest feature which they didn't think they could get in the game was four person split-screen and Ken Lobb managed to program it in within a crazy short amount of time.

That all said I don't want to keep being off topic about movie based games in a thread for a game that isn't based on any movie.

• Like 2

I wish they'd have released Fate Of Atlantis on the Vita and PS4 when they were releasing things like Day Of The Tentacle and Grim Fandango.

It sucks to know so many great click and play adventure games will never be on Vita now. Would have been nice to have had the PS3 HD versions of Monkey Island 1 and 2 on Vita too.

There's no reason really why they aren't on there. Well apart from can't be arsed with the Vita.

• Like 2

Probably going to be Xbox and PC exclusive (since Microsoft bought Bethesda) and if that's the case this will be Xbox's Uncharted without a doubt.

Honestly I'd prefer Uncharted any day over Indiana Jones. It's the same principle as Tomb Raider. As soon as the game doesn't live up to the movies (or the other way around of course) it isn't as good of a product as people want or expect it to be. As soon as the Indiana Jones in the game doesn't look like Harrison Ford people wil complain about that already. Look at the Avengers game where Iron Man and Captain America don't look like Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans in game (and yes that game failed in another departement but you get the point).

Still curious to see how it will turn out but if it turns out to be an exclusive (which I certainly assume) I won't bother since I won't ever buy an Xbox (not hating on it just like PS better).

• Like 2