Is This Any Good?

nolanexpress08

21 minutes ago, nolanexpress08 said:

I don't know anything about this game. Is it any good? Let me know. Cheers!

Yes, I am enjoying it!  It is like a lighthearted Greek Mythology / Breath of the Wild mix.  Also, every time you kill a monster they rocket off into the air like Smash Bros which does not stop being entertaining. 

• Like 3

Yes, but I do think it gets a bit samey after about 20/30 hours. By that point, you've basically seen everything the game has to offer. I usually dislike the repetitive criticism, but I'm not sure how else to describe it. The combat is defintley fun on hard, but the puzzles get old.

24 minutes ago, NathanW18 said:

Yes, but I do think it gets a bit samey after about 20/30 hours. By that point, you've basically seen everything the game has to offer. I usually dislike the repetitive criticism, but I'm not sure how else to describe it. The combat is defintley fun on hard, but the puzzles get old.

Shortly after release the gold editions of the game went on sale so i literally bought it on every platform i have (nintendo, ps4&ps5) Ive started it first on my switch and my save file has about 52 hours into it, it is a great little game but the puzzles get stale after a while, i mean theres only so many times you can slide a boulder onto a pressure plate until youre like ok, enough already.  The Disney type puns and humor/narration gets old after a while too, i find myself skipping through cutscenes and dialogue but thats probably so i can get back into the action of combat and exploration, even though by this point ive more or less already uncovered everything.  Some of the challenges are fun, the guided arrow challenges in particular are great.  Im a little disappointed that all the mounts are horses, for a game with griffins in its lore, i wanna ride a damn griffin, not just fight them!  But i guess that would take away from the games gliding aspect of traveling.  All in all im very happy with my purchases with this game across 3 different consoles and cannot wait to start them on playstation so i can get the platinums And i would recommend this game to just about anyone who enjoys video games in general as it offers something for just about everyone.  Its my hidden gem of 2020 for sure as i felt it went under the radar as it released during the same time as a few highly anticipated games.

This is from someone that doesn't enjoy open world games, but it picked my attention.

This is the typical Ubisoft game, get somewhere high to uncover the map, mark the collectibles and walk around the map to collect everything. I'm pretty sure there are nearly 400 treasure chests to open plus a hundred other activities in total (there must be like 5 different activities).

The combat gets old fast too. There aren't many enemy types and you walk around, find a group of 4-7 enemies, kill, repeat. You don't need any any skill, even playing in hard all you have to do is spam any ability until you stun the enemy and finish it.

The so called puzzles are very simple. All you have to do the whole time is to look around to find the torch you need to light up, a pressure plate or a target. You must do this for almost every chest in the game and the other activities.

If you are into greek mithology, the game is full of small pieces of its history. That and many silly jokes, many kind of jokes that only a grown up would understand.

I really enjoyed it, enough to make the trophy guide for it.

Since its announcement when it was called gods vs monsters or whatever I thought it looked silly and almost ignored it with its new name but I think it is a hidden gem and certainly worth looking at if you enjoy more light hearted tones were they make jokes at Greek mythology. It shares a lot of elements from assassins creed franchise obviously but it is different enough to be its own game

• Like 1