Platinum

Mostwantedtbest

What's the difficulty for this game and how many online trophies are there in this game? I looked at the trophies for this game and I've only seen one online trophy which is to complete a match. Is that the only online trophy there is? And does this have the same trophies as the Complete Edition but just a separate trophy list?

Yes there is only one online trophy which is to complete one lap in an online race.

The Ultimate edition has the same list as the normal version but I’ve only heard that the Ultimate edition requires you to gold more special events than the normal version for the special events trophies - I can’t confirm it but perhaps others who’ve managed the plat for the ultimate edition can?

As for the difficulty imo it’s a 10/10, that is not to say it’s impossible but it will require a lot of skill, practice and studying to prevail. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Don_carlito94 said:

Yes there is only one online trophy which is to complete one lap in an online race.

The Ultimate edition has the same list as the normal version but I’ve only heard that the Ultimate edition requires you to gold more special events than the normal version for the special events trophies - I can’t confirm it but perhaps others who’ve managed the plat for the ultimate edition can?

As for the difficulty imo it’s a 10/10, that is not to say it’s impossible but it will require a lot of skill, practice and studying to prevail. 

Thanks, do you know if it's any easier with a steering wheel? 

The ultimate edition has all the dlc events unlocked, but you are still required to do only the base game events, therefore the lists between the normal game and the ultimate one are completely identical.

The only online trophy is for clearing 1 lap, however it must be in an actual race and all lobbies are constantly stucked into free tests and qualifications so finding a lobby with a race may be a bit annoying. I also do wonder if there are any hackers in the online portion as I see lobbies with surreal numbers like 10,000 laps race.

While a wheel definitely helps, it does not give you a free win and also some time has to spent practicing the usage of a wheel. The whole platinum is doable with a normal pad.

On 13.1.2021 at 8:18 PM, Mostwantedtbest said:

Thanks, do you know if it's any easier with a steering wheel? 

The steering wheel is like an arcade stick in fighting games - it won’t guarantee you the platinum with it alone, it requires many hours of practice and getting used to. In the long run it will however be an advantage if you put the time into it, since your times using a wheel will be more consistent than a pad in general. 

Like mentioned above - it is doable with a controller, the game has had many patches that has supposedly made the game more balanced for pad users compared to when the game was first released I believe.

On 14.1.2021 at 6:04 PM, VirtualNight said:

The ultimate edition has all the dlc events unlocked, but you are still required to do only the base game events, therefore the lists between the normal game and the ultimate one are completely identical.

How do you know? I have heard differently... for example from @ImStylinOnYaBro and I myself think I have completed all Hot-laps now but haven't unlocked the trophy. Also the special event list has some extra events in the base game section I believe are not included in this vanilla version. 

22 minutes ago, OBSTINATIO said:

How do you know? I have heard differently... for example from @ImStylinOnYaBro and I myself think I have completed all Hot-laps now but haven't unlocked the trophy. Also the special event list has some extra events in the base game section I believe are not included in this vanilla version. 

I have been told by a friend of someone who has platted the Ultimate edition.

You may have missed an event, or done a dlc one over the base one. I used Floriiss' vid to locate the required hotlaps, since also the base game itself has some dlc events unlocked (not all dlc events are indicated by the cloud pic).