Gold medals: skip the cutscenes or not?

djippps

Hey everyone,

I am playing with the current patch - January 2021- for the 70 gold medals and I got confused by the missions having some time limit completion for the whole mission. For instance, (the number of the mission refers to the PSNProfiles gameplay guide by @NCSFan001 and @NL_Sion, great guide by the way!! ?)

- Chapter 2, Mission 4: "Exit Pursued by a Bruised Ego": the video in the guide tells us to skip all the cutscenes (the time limit is actually quite tight).

whereas

- Epilogue part 2, Mission 8: "A Really Big Bastard" : I discovered from youtube videos (and checked myself then by playing 5 times this mission) that the very first cutscene must not be skipped otherwise the gold medal is bugged (yeah it is weird).

My questions are the following:

- Are there a lot of missions with bugs concerning the cutscenes? (Do you know them?)

- In general, is it safe to skip the cutscenes? 

Thanks in advance for your feedback and opinions

• Like 1

I got the trophy and plat awhile back. I mostly did the ones before epilogue and I always skipped the cutscenes, then again there were some missions I gave up on and was like I should I have got that so maybe it was that. Anyways should be safe enough it’d be pretty damn unfair if it was in more than one. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I did the trophy not so long ago and I remember some missions are bugged if you skip the opening custcene (the one with the big bear in Epilogue 2 comes to mind, as you said). Your best bet is to search for a gold medal video of a mission and either the description or comments will usually tell you if a cutscene is required.

Edit: just noticed this thread is a month old and the op already has the plat (congratulations).

Edited by amex_svk
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Funny i did the really big bastard mission this very morning and was like, "dude how on earth did i not get that, i blitzed it." So it was the damn cutscenes i skipped huh, i think it does that too when you get a photo with Abigail because i did every as fast as i could but no dice.. silver medal