Trophy thoughts?

iFraaN97

17 hours ago, MrBeens said:

1f602.png1f602.png

Nice job cutting the part where I justify why I think it's looks lenient enough even though I haven't played it yet.

I read that the developers themselves said a first playthrough could take as low as 4 hours (ignoring collectibles and stuff, obviously) so my hunch was right in the end.

Edit: I was looking around through my recommended videos on youtube and saw a deathless speedrun for this game which clocked at 1:11:46. I didn't watch it because I don't want to spoil me the game, but considering the game just came out I doubt it is too optimized.

With that being said, 3 hours shouldn't be a problem, especially if you are allowed to save and reload in case of fucking up too much (kinda like in Mega Man 11).

Edited by AndresLionheart

6 hours ago, PenguinAlex said:

Yeah, I'm feeling that from Chapter 8. I was loving this game and then the moveset really opened up and I was digging the story and atmosphere only for the game design to become a greatest hits of unfair NES game design that feels extremely frustrating. The most aggregious being knock back from hits which makes every room a one hit kill zone. Super disappointed as it is really polished.

I'm going to keep trudging to the end but I'm not feeling the platinum at all. :( If it gets better, I'll edit this post.

Go for it its a very rewarding platinum 

1 hour ago, NashtyMouse said:

The no health upgrade seems insanely difficult, as well as the 3 hour playthrough.. do you have the platinum?

I'd imagine the speedrun can easily be done by using cloud saves or even just exiting the game as soon as you die and reloading. The time seems pretty long so it probably gives you wiggle room for deaths too. I haven't gone for it yet since I am doing all the other trophies, but I imagine it is not so bad if you've completed the challenges in the game then most of the bosses are cake when you don't have special conditions for defeating them anymore. 

As for the no upgrade run it will probably be difficult, but with all the time spent doing the other stuff it's just a matter of trial and error probably until you get it. I'm not through the game yet so I am speculating. I will say my initial run with these feats is extremely challenging for me so if I can get through these I think the rest will just be a matter of time.

2 hours ago, ApeOfMazor said:

I'd imagine the speedrun can easily be done by using cloud saves or even just exiting the game as soon as you die and reloading. The time seems pretty long so it probably gives you wiggle room for deaths too. I haven't gone for it yet since I am doing all the other trophies, but I imagine it is not so bad if you've completed the challenges in the game then most of the bosses are cake when you don't have special conditions for defeating them anymore. 

As for the no upgrade run it will probably be difficult, but with all the time spent doing the other stuff it's just a matter of trial and error probably until you get it. I'm not through the game yet so I am speculating. I will say my initial run with these feats is extremely challenging for me so if I can get through these I think the rest will just be a matter of time.

Fair enough. I’m probably in the minority when I say I’m burnt out before even finishing my first playthrough. I like going for difficult accomplishments in games, I can’t honestly put my finger on why this game feels so unsatisfying to me. Maybe once I get past chapter 8 my motivation will return haha.

• Like 1

On 27/01/2021 at 3:42 PM, AllanGronkjaer said:

Go for it its a very rewarding platinum 

I've beaten the game now and I'm still conflicted with some parts of it. It's still an impressive game being developed by a lone developer but some sections just put me off which is a shame as I love old school platformers. Personally, I feel some sections are harder than some of the worst parts of Ninja Gaiden which this game takes a lot of cues from as NES games had to limit the number of enemies on screen but modern games don't have that problem and the result in chapter 8 is just overwhelming to the point of almost feeling like luck.

One aspect I really enjoyed though was the bosses. I felt that they were the right kind of challenge, learning patterns and tells so I can almost dance around the boss several attempts in. This especially worked with the trophies that limited methods of attack like beating Subject Alpha with just parries.

I may return to this in the future, I think I just need to come back in a different frame of mind. I also look forward to where this developer goes next as if this is what they are capable of now, then I can't wait to see whatever they do next.

• Like 2

i’m playing this on switch and...this game kind of sucks. it’s obviously good looking, has a great soundtrack, and mimics ninja gaiden well enough. but there’s no real hook to it, and it’s more or less content to be a clone of better games from 30 years ago. 

and while i have no issue with hard games, i do have a problem with games that are difficult for no reason other than to troll the player, which seems like the intention of the design here. if i bashed my head against a wall for 10 hours, i wouldn’t say i felt a sense of “accomplishment” afterwards just for having done it.

i’m glad there’s people enjoying it but for most on the fence, i’d say go play the messenger or just emulate old ninja gaiden instead. glad i didn’t bother with the plat, but best of luck to those who are.

Edited by JD-D2
  • Like 1

On 29.1.2021 at 7:39 AM, PenguinAlex said:

I've beaten the game now and I'm still conflicted with some parts of it. It's still an impressive game being developed by a lone developer but some sections just put me off which is a shame as I love old school platformers. Personally, I feel some sections are harder than some of the worst parts of Ninja Gaiden which this game takes a lot of cues from as NES games had to limit the number of enemies on screen but modern games don't have that problem and the result in chapter 8 is just overwhelming to the point of almost feeling like luck.

One aspect I really enjoyed though was the bosses. I felt that they were the right kind of challenge, learning patterns and tells so I can almost dance around the boss several attempts in. This especially worked with the trophies that limited methods of attack like beating Subject Alpha with just parries.

I may return to this in the future, I think I just need to come back in a different frame of mind. I also look forward to where this developer goes next as if this is what they are capable of now, then I can't wait to see whatever they do next.

hope you do that , im starting to platinum this again next week