S or SS rank strat on Mainhouse 2.

Shua_J

So...I was perusing around what the youngsters nowadays call "the Youtubes" for pathing ideas and I saw that nearly all of them made this way harder than it has to be. Of course there is always a million ways to do anything like this...but this one got me an SS rank on the very first attempt at readjusting when I was going for the "S" rank only.

Here was my loadout: Golden Crowbar, Extra Melee Damage, Time bonus: kill (B 1) and Speed 2.

This run starts by going immediately to the garage and killing the bloated molded taking the long hallway instead of the kitchen route. This will make you run into 2 regular molded that are one hit kills. Each should give 5 seconds. When you get to the garage you should have 14:53 on the clock. I believe the bloated molded gives you 40 seconds of extra time.

The bloated molded has the green lock above his head. The crowbar is 7 hits. All you have to do is walk right towards him when he spawns...swing as he's coming up and move to his back. Very quick kill. Immediately walk to your right and pickup the fruit...then pick up the two sugars...leave the stew. Walk up the stairs to the main hall and walk up the stairs again to your left. At the top of the stairs head straight out to the long terrace. Take a right. Kill the molded in front of you. Go into the parlor room (with the pool table and bar). Two-hit the orange lock molded with the crowbar.

This next part requires quickness and makes or breaks the run. Grab the blue gun on the pool table. Head out the door...two shot the molded at the door and then the one on the way to Lucas's room. Go to Lucas's room open the door. Shoot the blue lock 4 legged molded and his buddy that spawns next to him. Each should give 16 seconds of extra time. Bolt out the door into the main area. You are heading towards the bedroom with the bed that slides and reveals a hidden passage to the basement. Ignore the molded that spawns in the middle on the way to the bedroom. 

Drop down into the secret passage that was below the bed. Walk forward after you've dropped down but be ready to take a long shot. Near the end of the long straight walkway... you will see a Bobble Head coming up. Take the final shot from the blue gun and hit the Bobble. This will double your extra time. Keep moving forward. Go into the "saw blade" room. Exit into the basement. Take an immediate right.

Here...you should run into "Walking" Marguerite. She is a 4 hit kill. I believe she has a lock as well. If not..you will fight her again in a few seconds in her second form and that one has the lock. I found I took less damage when ducking into her and then swinging. She will give you an extra 20 seconds. Immediately turn around and head down the long straight pathway you originally saw while walking out of the hanging "saw blade room". You are heading towards the cage room in the lowest level of the basement where in the main game you originally fought Jack and his industrial "hedge clippers".

Walk into the square room with the table in the middle and the sinks to the back right. Kill the molded that spawns in the back right corner. THIS ROOM IS IMPORTANT. Another Bobble Head spawns here after you defeat the final form Marguerite. Head around the table and take a right at the two cages. Take a right through the door and head down the stairs. Take a left and another quick left in the narrow "U" shaped hallway. Go through the door. There are stairs immediately to your right. Skip those for a second and grab the stew under the stairway. Go back up the stairway. Take two quick lefts. Run to the left corner where there was an overhang above the stairway you just walked up. Grab the garbage. Make a 180 and go to the hook right before you drop down into the cage room. Grab the red special gun. Just make sure you have one spot in your inventory for it which shouldn't be a problem considering you haven't really started grabbing food yet overall.

Drop down into the cage room. Here, the second Marguerite spawns through the floor. Light her up with the red gun. She will give you 50 seconds to a minute of extra time. The second you kill her...turn around and go through the cage door. Head up the stairway that takes you to the left. IGNORE THE LOCKED DOOR TO YOUR RIGHT FOR NOW AFTER COMING UP THE STAIRS. Follow this back to the stairway you took to originally come into this area. This will lead you to the "U" shaped hallway. The "U" shaped hallway will take you up to the square room where you can now hear the Bobble that just spawned. As you come into the square room...in the second cage will be the gigantic Bobble. Kill him and your time doubles. Immediately kill the molded that spawns in the corner behind you.

At this point I had 4 minutes and 50 seconds of extra time...and my actual time clock read "14:50" in addition to the extra time.

Here...head back to the locked room you skipped above the caged room where you just fought Marguerite. This will have two cakes and two high end bottles of wine/Champagne along with garbage behind you that can be combined with sugar.

Areas of note for food: 1.Two bottles of high end Wine/Champagne are found in the cremation room in the basement. This is the area with 5 closed cremation doors. Doors 3 and 5 (From left to right) have Cake and another food item in 5. In this room you also have a green box that you can store food in and retrieve it upstairs close to Jack if need be. 2. The locked room above the caged room where you fought Marguerite the second time. 3. The room directly behind the pool table in the parlor. 4. Lucas's secret room above his actual room. This room has a cake and 2 sugars along with a spice and I think some fruit.

At this point...kill as many enemies you can while moving around the house towards your food goals. You should have more than enough time to concoct everything you will need to feed Jack.

I highly recommend you spend 3 or so playthroughs just messing around, killing molded and seeing the food locations. Play around with it without trying to hit a time and get a feel for where food is.

I ended with 30 seconds of extra time and my clock read 14:50 as the official time that remained. This extra time will give you time to relax and grab all the food that you need. The 12:30 goal is very reachable with the emphasis put on all extra time at the beginning.

• Like 2