Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality (An official statement from CD Projekt Red)

ziggypossum

I feel like he's not saying anything I didn't already know, but I appreciate the message all the same. I personally enjoyed the game enough to deal with the problems and got my platinum, but I know not everyone feels that way. And I don't think this will make those folks feel much better. Thanks for posting though.

Sure they released a broken messy game but no doubt Cd Projekt would make it right eventually. They did good with Wither3, they will do the same with 2077.

The real lesson to be learned here for CDPR and all gaming companies is in that graphic. I'm sure lot's of game companies have this kind of timeline charted somewhere in their organisation. So to any developers and studio execs reading this - when you are next in the office - take the box which says 'RELEASE' and just move it to the opposite end of the line. Do this with every game you release.

As for the video itself - Pretty astounding who they will get up in front of the camera to say sowwy after a $1 billion loss occurs for the founders. It's nice that there is an apology somewhere in there, but it's chucklesome how the script he is reading is trying to justify below GTA 4 standards of world AI and systems which are so fundamentally flawed, they will need more than a patch.

It's great that the script he was reading lead with a protective statement over his staff and pulling the blame solely onto the executive team. The most tragic part of this whole mess is that they pushed their staff through extended crunch for absolutely no gain whatsoever, so I hope that they are addressing that internally with their staff too.

Honestly though, the game is a literal pop culture level meme now. They are going to have to do alot of laundry to wash the stains out of these particular sheets.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 3

I mean, anyone can say what he's saying and not necessarily mean it, not that I really care about the whole situation... but I appreciate the execs taking the heat (like they should) and giving their developers props for their efforts.  Hopefully that's the same message being delivered behind the scenes.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 2

Just now, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

problem is people just buy the unfinished shit regardless, and that teaches publishers what they can get away with,

Guy even says in the video "Although, believe me, we never ever intended for anything like this to happen"

Yeah, they're pretty convinced the consumer is stupid and would accept the game like that. 

• Like 1

Just now, LastMinuteSavior said:

After having punched the poor creature in the gut and taken its baby seal money.

Except the seal didn't plunge itself onto the fist, and it wasn't coerced out of its money. Also, seals don't have money.

5 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Guy even says in the video "Although, believe me, we never ever intended for anything like this to happen"

Yeah, they're pretty convinced the consumer is stupid and would accept the game like that. 

tbf knowing CDPR's history as I do, and buying all their games. they knew they pushed their engine too far, and they pushed a commitment too far, big names started investing heavily in their company, and again with the extra success of witcher 3 after the tv show on netflix.

the game was no doubt years away, basic animations are still missing. this pandemic gave em cash fever and they knew it was years away from finished, so they took a payday now preferably right at christmas.

they should have kept back the console version, because what they released was crap.

Watch it still get game of the year next year and have not a lot of people bring up a fuss like they did with the last of us 2. (Obviously both games have issues dev wise but we all know theres still a double standard for CPDR and other Companies maybe its smaller now but its still there)

• 3 weeks later...