Jimmy947

So, can I just play Hitman 2 expansion pass levels in this without owning Hitman 2?

10 posts in this topic

I no longer own Hitman 2, I had the physical base game (standard edition) when it came out. I notice the Hitman 2 expansion pass is now £6.59 and I never got to play the Bank or Island maps so I’m thinking of buying this. It currently states you ‘must own the full version of Hitman 2’  to play this content, but I’m wondering if you can just play the expansion pass stuff in Hitman 3 without owning the second game at all??

 

I’ve searched online but can’t find an answer to this particular question, perhaps no one other than the devs know at this point. I’ve noticed the H2 expansion pass has its own condensed trophy list in H3 which gives me hope but I really don’t wanna have to buy H2 again to play this stuff...

 

Trophy lists and accessing DLC for this franchise has been a confusing mess since day one but I love the games!

Edited by Jimmy947
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope. Hitman 2 and 3 are completely different games with different servers and lists so earning trophies in one of them, won't unlock them in the other. TL;DR: If you want to earn all of the trophies for the actual game of Hitman 2, you must buy that and the DLCs as a separate purchase.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming it works the same as before...

 

- If you own Hitman 2 (and its DLC), you will be able to download the matching Hitman 2 Legacy Pack for free.

- If you do not own Hitman 2, you will be able to purchase the Hitman 2 Legacy Pack separately.

- There will be separate DLCs for the main Hitman 2 missions (6 standard maps + 1 sniper maps) and Hitman 2's expansion (2 standard maps + 2 sniper maps).

- You'll likely have to redeem the free DLC from within Hitman 2, so you'll have to find that physical version again.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply’s. I was hoping to just play the 2 new sandbox levels from H2 in H3 but from what you guys are saying it looks like that’s not going to be possible without me re-buying H2 😭

 

Oh well, perhaps H2 will get given away on Plus at some point. I know it’s on PSNow but it’s leaving the service in a matter of days and I’m far too stuck into Kingdom Come at the moment to switch games and rush through DLC in Hitman 2.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimmy947 said:

I no longer own Hitman 2, I had the physical base game (standard edition) when it came out. I notice the Hitman 2 expansion pass is now £6.59 and I never got to play the Bank or Island maps so I’m thinking of buying this. It currently states you ‘must own the full version of Hitman 2’  to play this content, but I’m wondering if you can just play the expansion pass stuff in Hitman 3 without owning the second game at all??

 

I’ve searched online but can’t find an answer to this particular question, perhaps no one other than the devs know at this point. I’ve noticed the H2 expansion pass has its own condensed trophy list in H3 which gives me hope but I really don’t wanna have to buy H2 again to play this stuff...

 

Trophy lists and accessing DLC for this franchise has been a confusing mess since day one but I love the games!

 

so i have a couple questions

do you intend to get the hitman2 trophy set completed or do you just want to dabble on the dlc maps?

for the first i recommend buying the gold edition

for the latter you could just use the psplus exclusive hitman2 starter pack + the seasonpass

it includes the tutorial from hitman1(if activated legacy maps) as well as the new zealand map you will however be locked out of the regular story missions

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

Assuming it works the same as before...

 

- If you own Hitman 2 (and its DLC), you will be able to download the matching Hitman 2 Legacy Pack for free.

- If you do not own Hitman 2, you will be able to purchase the Hitman 2 Legacy Pack separately.

- There will be separate DLCs for the main Hitman 2 missions (6 standard maps + 1 sniper maps) and Hitman 2's expansion (2 standard maps + 2 sniper maps).

- You'll likely have to redeem the free DLC from within Hitman 2, so you'll have to find that physical version again.

I don't think you will need to redeem anything, I'm not 100% sure but I think Hitman 2 didn't require you to redeem anything, if you've played H1, you got the legacy pack for free.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

I don't think you will need to redeem anything, I'm not 100% sure but I think Hitman 2 didn't require you to redeem anything, if you've played H1, you got the legacy pack for free.

 

Redeem might be the wrong word. What I mean is, after purchasing both Hitman 1 and 2, the Legacy Pack wasn't listed as purchased on the PSN store. In order to get it without re-buying it, I had to start the download from inside Hitman 1. So even if you played Hitman 2 but no longer own it, you still may need to use Hitman 2 to load the Hitman 2 maps into Hitman 3.

 

Then again, it's a totally different console, and this time IOI has posted about carrying over progress, not just the missions themselves. I dunno, they make this so confusing. A lot of people are going to accidentally buy H1 and H2 twice.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ycheah said:

 

so i have a couple questions

do you intend to get the hitman2 trophy set completed or do you just want to dabble on the dlc maps?

for the first i recommend buying the gold edition

for the latter you could just use the psplus exclusive hitman2 starter pack + the seasonpass

it includes the tutorial from hitman1(if activated legacy maps) as well as the new zealand map you will however be locked out of the regular story missions


It’s just the latter really, I just want to play the 2 maps that weren’t in the base game of Hitman 2.


I did wonder if the DLC would work with that free starter pack version of H2, but in the notes on the expansions pass it states “requires the full version of Hitman 2”?

 

I might just grab the expansion pass while it’s on sale and then a used copy of H2 at some point. I think that’s the safest option unless someone can confirm the expansion stuff works with the free starter pack version.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jimmy947 said:

unless someone can confirm the expansion stuff works with the free starter pack version.

 

then consider it confirmed.

That is exactly what i did when they released the final sniper map and the island resort

 

I originally bought the collectors edition with the briefcase and all but after some time i just wanted to play without disc.

the "free" starterpack is worth it

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ycheah said:

 

then consider it confirmed.

That is exactly what i did when they released the final sniper map and the island resort

 

I originally bought the collectors edition with the briefcase and all but after some time i just wanted to play without disc.

the "free" starterpack is worth it

 

Wow! Really?! In that case I’ll grab the expansion pass now and just play the new stuff in the free version!

 

The info in the PlayStation store for the expansion pass is extremely misleading and says the full version is required.

 

Thank you for the confirmation on this!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.