Megatritionsts

My Autism Story.

37 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Where was this post? Sort of curious.

I think it was a hour ago when it happened.

26 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Where was this post? Sort of curious.

I'm pretty sure the particular phrase I used was just a joke that has made its way across the internet, but I have seen situations like it first hand on numerous occasions in my life. In my experience, most of the jocks I went to high school with were incredibly talented at playing football and received scholarships for it, but that was about all they had going for them. Now that we're all in our early to mid 30s and the hype over how "amazing" they are/were has died down, the ones I knew are struggling to deal with the disconnect and are working basic, dead-end jobs IF they're not strung out on drugs or steroids— and I don't doubt that several of them are. I can name at least one that was picked up for using and dealing heroin not too long ago.

Edited by Kristen Danielle

Hey dude, I've struggled getting to doctors most of my life but several have said they believe I've on the spectrum to some extent. Not sure what to make of that, but I feel the same as you. My brain sure seems to work a little differently from those around me but I really love it. I mean sure not always, I really struggle with small talk and some basic conversations and try to avoid them quite a bit. But once I have something in common with someone (like gaming) I can talk forever, maybe we'll play something together down the road. Good luck new friend, keep killing it with all those plats

1 hour ago, Kristen Danielle said:

I'm pretty sure the particular phrase I used was just a joke that has made its way across the internet, but I have seen situations like it first hand on numerous occasions in my life. In my experience, most of the jocks I went to high school with were incredibly talented at playing football and received scholarships for it, but that was about all they had going for them. Now that we're all in our early to mid 30s and the hype over how "amazing" they are/were has died down, the ones I knew are struggling to deal with the disconnect and are working basic, dead-end jobs IF they're not strung out on drugs or steroids— and I don't doubt that several of them are. I can name at least one that was picked up for using and dealing heroin not too long ago.

It's interesting to think about because we're a decade older than a number of users here, who probably don't have as much life experience when it comes to dealing with the real world and how harsh it could be.

I feel that young people today are even more disconnected due to the internet, screens being everywhere, COVID-19, and this mentality of 'I'm Right, You're Wrong' that started on Facebook & Twitter. Twitter in particular was just a small website when I was first going to college, so it wasn't known by too many even though I used it quite a bit early on. Now it's a corporate behemoth where all the 'fake journalism' and so called SJWs go on there to spread their hatred. What's truly saddening is people on there act like they never matured past high school, so those old jokes and terms that we felt were offensive are still prevalent on the internet.

The shift is now on computer technology and because it is such a high importance, those jocks you knew 15 - 18 years ago are even worse off because like the guys I once knew, they probably know little about computers. None of them were autistic, I was sort of the outcast, geek kid who was addicted to old Mario and Sonic the Hedgehog games, which was where my love for gaming started. Those same guys picked on the autistic kids and teens, but some of those kids are now happily living with a wife and kids holding a Master's Degree in Computer Technology (Engineering, Software Security, etc). The jocks in contrast hold little past a high school education, a few I knew on Facebook turned to meth just to hold their 60 hours a week job that paid minimum wage.

15 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Those same guys picked on the autistic kids and teens, but some of those kids are now happily living with a wife and kids holding a Master's Degree in Computer Technology (Engineering, Software Security, etc). The jocks in contrast hold little past a high school education, a few I knew on Facebook turned to meth just to hold their 60 hours a week job that paid minimum wage.

Indeed. I see it a lot, especially in my home state of Louisiana because there is a massive habit of brushing the academics of these "star" football players under the rug to advance their athletic careers here. Louisiana State University has one of the largest and most outrageously over the top football programs in the nation. We are talking millions upon millions of dollars being funneled into the athletic department while the academic departments struggle to stay funded. It's pretty sad and the effects of it are really evident when they go to interview the players on the news after a big game and they struggle to speak coherently and in complete sentences. Don't get me wrong, though— I'm certainly not saying that all jocks end up this way. There are plenty out there who value their athletic talents AND their education and go very far in life. I'm just saying that the ones I know/knew never did and now they're paying dearly for it.

1 minute ago, Kristen Danielle said:

Indeed. I see it a lot, especially in my home state of Louisiana because there is a massive habit of brushing the academics of these "star" football players under the rug to advance their athletic career here. Louisiana State University has one of the largest and most outrageously over the top football programs in the nation. We are talking millions upon millions of dollars being funneled into the athletic department while the academic departments struggle to stay funded. It's pretty sad and the effects of it are really evident when they go to interview the players on the news after a big game and they struggle to speak coherently and in complete sentences. Don't get me wrong, though— I'm certainly not saying that all jocks end up this way. There are plenty out there who value their athletic talents AND their education and go very far in life. I'm just saying that the ones I know/knew never did and now they're paying dearly for it.

These guys are still kids in their late teens and early 20s. But they're already under a lot of pressure because they're not only being told to work hard by their football coaches, they're being told to put their best efforts in the classroom by their more introverted teachers who have nothing to do with sports.

The education system in America is a joke and has been for a very long time. I for one have never been to the South and probably won't for quite some time because of the pandemic, but the problems you're describing also apply up where I live as well. You got guys who are 6 feet 5 inches tall (or nearly 200 cm), weigh in the neighborhood of 250 to 300 pounds, and have the athletic ability to do feats the average person cannot. Maybe not as athletically talented as a Lebron James or a Tom Brady, but still better than most. Yet their knowledge of anything besides their respective sport is very limited. Lebron James is an interesting one because he didn't go to college, the NBA picked him up right out of high school and he was one of the last people to have that opportunity, since the NBA only accepts college players who are gifted and exceptionally good. In the shows I've seen of him Lebron comes off as arrogant and a smug piece of shit. Tom Brady I mostly didn't like for him being on a NFL team that has gone to the playoffs more times than I can count, but I admired his character and his dedication. Him like Brett Favre and *maybe* Peyton Manning had very long careers.

Lebron James, one of the best athletes of our generation, but not particularly good at being all too educated.

The Oregon Ducks college football team had some of the best equipment, best facilities, and luxurious locker rooms because of one man who practically funded the entire team. Athletically, they were swimming in money, even in seasons when their win - loss record wasn't that good. Academically, it's a different story.

It really hurts me to not have a program that teaches people on the outside the benefits and cons of autism, which I could certainly learn from since I'm autistic myself. Mental Health is in the shitter, and education isn't too far behind. Millions upon millions of dollars have been taken out of mental health funding and education funding because of corrupt, greedy politicians, as a result you got guys well in their 20s and 30s who can't speak coherently. This is something I see a lot out of Generation Z, perhaps due to social media. I attended my local college in late 2019 for a few courses and it was shocking to see how many kids aged 18 - 20 who couldn't speak well at all.

I think it's good more young people are speaking out on autism and how it has affected them. But there is literally no funding from professionals and doctors who can really understand and give these people support.

1 hour ago, kindajustin said:

Hey dude, I've struggled getting to doctors most of my life but several have said they believe I've on the spectrum to some extent. Not sure what to make of that, but I feel the same as you. My brain sure seems to work a little differently from those around me but I really love it. I mean sure not always, I really struggle with small talk and some basic conversations and try to avoid them quite a bit. But once I have something in common with someone (like gaming) I can talk forever, maybe we'll play something together down the road. Good luck new friend, keep killing it with all those plats

Thank you very much kindajustin I appreciate it same goes to you friend good luck trophy hunting!!!!

14 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I think it's good more young people are speaking out on autism and how it has affected them. But there is literally no funding from professionals and doctors who can really understand and give these people support.

Mmhmm. Don't even get me started. S—T—I—G—M—A! What does that spell?! That's right! It spells "modern healthcare!"

3 minutes ago, Kristen Danielle said:

Mmhmm. Don't even get me started. S—T—I—G—M—A! What does that spell?! That's right! It spells "modern healthcare!"

Is there such a thing as modern healthcare? No, not really. 

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

Is there such a thing as modern healthcare? No, not really. 

Facts.

My brother was diagnosed with autism last week, he is one of the most intelligent and special people I know, he is only 10 years old but it is already clear that he will have a bright future. Congratulations on being such an amazing person, friend! Many trophies and success for us

8 hours ago, Godkatzen said:

My brother was diagnosed with autism last week, he is one of the most intelligent and special people I know, he is only 10 years old but it is already clear that he will have a bright future. Congratulations on being such an amazing person, friend! Many trophies and success for us

Thank you very much Godkatzen I really appreciate you for reading my story I wish you and your brother the best of luck!!!!🙂