Why no GTA 4: Complete Edition PS5/Series X??

saiyanbloodstyle

I thought it was very strange they never remastered GTA IV on PS4, it's one of the GTA games that still has a huge following when you look up online and through YouTube videos. 

I couldn't get into the game when I first played it. But over time realised how good it was and how much content the game had to offer. Great characters, great voice acting, well written storylines, excellent gameplay, honesty it's a masterpiece. 

I would love to see GTA IV Remastered on the PlayStation 5 with TLAD, TBOGT even if they excluded the multiplayer from the game I would still buy. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, HaserPL said:

Unfortunately, the chances for this to happen are almost nonexistent. Why? Because there are enough idiots who pay for shark cards in GTA Online which brings millions every day with little to no effort for Rockstar. They made just from shark cards more than big companies earn through their entire franchises. As long as they can milk this the shit out of, nothing will change. You probably already saw the GTA V for PS5 announcement, yeah, that's what you'll get instead of a single-player game that would take effort and time to make properly. Making a fully-fledged remake of GTA IV would be unprofitable from an economic pov. Why bother if they will make even more money on PS5's GTA V? Back in the day, around the release of GTA V, Rockstar was one of the very few game developers that I had trust in, I would trust them with making a sequel to my favorite franchise because their name meant something - quality. Now though, Rockstar to me and for many others is nothing more than a greedy bitch, even worse than EA. At least EA has never been shy of it and pretended to be something they weren't. 

THIS

• Like 1

Would be also nice to have a remaster of GTA Liberty City Stories/ Vice City Stories. 

Without a doubt, gta online is a cash cow. BUT this cash cow financed Red Dead Redemption 2 and is currently financing Gta 6. It also allows  developers at R* to work on more games without stress, pressure and overtime in order to keep the quality of their games as high as possible. Nobody wants a second No Mans Sky or Cyberpunk.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

Would be also nice to have a remaster of GTA Liberty City Stories/ Vice City Stories. 

Without a doubt, gta online is a cash cow. BUT this cash cow financed Red Dead Redemption 2 and is currently financing Gta 6. It also allows  developers at R* to work on more games without stress, pressure and overtime in order to keep the quality of their games as high as possible. Nobody wants a second No Mans Sky or Cyberpunk.

Erm, while it may not have affected the final product too adversely like Cyberpunk 2077, there was certainly quite a lot of stress, pressure and overtime in the development of Red Dead Redemption II.

On 1/13/2021 at 4:09 PM, HaserPL said:

Unfortunately, the chances for this to happen are almost nonexistent. Why? Because there are enough idiots who pay for shark cards in GTA Online which brings millions every day with little to no effort for Rockstar. They made just from shark cards more than big companies earn through their entire franchises. As long as they can milk this the shit out of, nothing will change. You probably already saw the GTA V for PS5 announcement, yeah, that's what you'll get instead of a single-player game that would take effort and time to make properly. Making a fully-fledged remake of GTA IV would be unprofitable from an economic pov. Why bother if they will make even more money on PS5's GTA V? Back in the day, around the release of GTA V, Rockstar was one of the very few game developers that I had trust in, I would trust them with making a sequel to my favorite franchise because their name meant something - quality. Now though, Rockstar to me and for many others is nothing more than a greedy bitch, even worse than EA. At least EA has never been shy of it and pretended to be something they weren't. 

That was back in the PS2 days and early PS3 days when they were good. 

Red Dead Redemption 1 is still one of the best games I ever played in my life. How they handled the old dying west and how they developed John Marston’s character was brilliant. 

But ever since GTA V, Rockstar has milked both their fanbase and their franchises that they still cling onto. GTA V on Steam is full of whiny, self entitled 16 year old kids whose only intention is to cause havoc and disruption to people who just want to casually enjoy the game. Anyone who thinks GTA Online is bad on the PS3/PS4 or Xbox One, it’s far worse on the PC.

It’s a goddamn shame. They definitely could of made another Bully, another Manhunt, hell, provide some meaningful DLC for either GTA V or RDR 2, but instead they chose to focus on shark cards. 

Like many, I thought the story for GTA IV was a bit decent, even though I wasn’t a big fan of the setting and environment. Nope, a proper remaster would take too much work. 

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ember-Man said:

They need to remaster GTA 4, RDR 1 & Max Payne 3 for PS4 without online trophies.

GTA: LCS & GTA: VCS ports for PS4 would be so amazing but I doubt it will ever happen.

It's like asking Bethesda to start making games without bugs and performance issues. 

• Like 2

Because Take Two only cares about the cash cow that is GTA Online, meaning Rockstar only cares about GTA Online. I can guarantee you right now if GTA Online flopped or died off after a year or 2, we would have had GTA 6 by now

Edited by ObsiEez
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

Because Take Two only cares about the cash cow that is GTA Online, meaning Rockstar only cares about GTA Online. I can guarantee you right now if GTA Online flopped or died off after a year or 2, we would have had GTA 6 by now

Very true.

• Like 1

On ‎14‎.‎01‎.‎2021 at 0:41 AM, saiyanbloodstyle said:

Now i know they can't milk the online like GTA 5 which is getting a remake but it would sell a lot of copies.

You got to the right conclusion.

The few million copies sold would generate them pocket change compared to what GTA: O is offering.

• Like 1

On 21.1.2021 at 5:45 AM, BrandedBerserk said:

I'd rather they focus on new titles or even updating their more recent ones than remastering gta 4. Game was good but not everything is deserving of a remake or remaster. 

True, but GTA IV is one of those games which deserves a remaster imo. :)

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
19 minutes ago, Denizcankaya97 said:

GTA IV is like a stepson of Rockstar right now. They didn’t even make a proper memorial back in 2018. Instead they didn’t extend many of radio songs’ licenses and we lost many of epic songs at the 10th year anniversary. That’s why imagining a remaster from Rockstar is just a dream :(

Wait, so if I pop in GTAIV today, the songs that used to be there are patched out? or are talking about The Definitive Collection and it's omitted tracks?

Just now, the_real_culture said:

Holy $#!% I did not know that! I'm stunned 1f635.png I would've thought for sure the music stick around because R* licensed the tracks for only this title, not that they had an expiration date with an incoming patch. Truly shocked!

Yeah, a lot of them only had a 10 year licence, so after the 10 years they were removed.

• Like 1

We shouldn’t lose hope, there was a rumor from someone last year teasing something for gta iv in 2023, I think rockstar even said if the trilogy remastered sold well they would look into remastering other titles and since the trilogy exceeded their sale expectations I think there’s a chance for a red dead and gta iv remaster. I just hope gta iv runs on the steam deck, only reason I’m buying one lol.