'Extra Strong' trophy warning!

its_ArchroniX

(HUGE SPOILERS DOWN BELOW. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK)

For everyone playing through the game getting all trophies I wanted to warn you all.

For the 'Power Up' trophy you'll need to upgrade your health potions using Tyrant hearts (which is connected to the 'Go breaking my heart' trophy as well) which are then given to the monk who you've met before. In order to get the monk to show up later on in the game you need to chop off his arm and give him a health potion. Later on in the game you will find him in the castle near where you'll meet Antanas for the first time. Now here it's extremely important you complete his quest BEFORE you get to the final boss.

In my game, and I don't know if it's a bug or just a feature where he is dead or something, the monk is completely missing after Antanas has mutated to the Judge and all human soldiers have turned hostile. Normally you'd find the monk in his quarters (across the hall from the sickbay) where he asks you to clear the southern tower so that he can reach his laboratory. After you did you have to return to him and tell him it's safe. You can find him in the laboratory in the southern tower after that and he will exchange hearts for potions here. If you DON'T do this before you get to the point where all soldiers in the planetarium area are hostile the monk is missing and you can not upgrade your health potions thus making the 'Power up' trophy unobtainable in your first game.

I thought I'd warn everyone about this since upgraded health potions could be very useful when starting a NG+. The trophy is obtainable again when starting a NG+ though you have to repeat all above steps (including chopping off his arm and giving him a potion) in order for the monk to show up in the laboratory again and Tyrant hearts will NOT carry over in a NG+ so you'll have to find and collect them again.

Edited by its_ArchroniX
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

This is inaccurate, I upgraded mine after I killed the Two Bothers, all the soldiers were hostile in the citadel but I was still able to see the Monk and hand in my Rhogar Hearts, I even doubled back to the portal to grab the last 2 hearts in the old boss arena in the Rhogar Realm so I could hand in all 12, I didn’t go to confront Antanas, I just killed the Two Brothers then the 3 soldiers at the big door, one of which drops a cell key, then left to finish off the quest line, maybe I did something different dialogue wise or maybe your game just bugged out, it has a few issues, I’ve been hit with 2 of the save crashes resulting in a good few lost hours of play, regular sound glitches, one of the reward portals glitched out on me when I died in 1 and spawned me back in with another death immediately for no reason, then half the enemies wouldn’t spawn, resetting my potions at the Crystal checkpoints tends to give me a random amount each time when I should have at least 10 every time, nothing too bad though I’ve played worse, awesome game tbh despite the minor bugs, maybe this was just another to add, vanishing npcs lol

On 4-4-2021 at 11:24 PM, Shmeefly said:

This is inaccurate, I upgraded mine after I killed the Two Bothers, all the soldiers were hostile in the citadel but I was still able to see the Monk and hand in my Rhogar Hearts, I even doubled back to the portal to grab the last 2 hearts in the old boss arena in the Rhogar Realm so I could hand in all 12, I didn’t go to confront Antanas, I just killed the Two Brothers then the 3 soldiers at the big door, one of which drops a cell key, then left to finish off the quest line, maybe I did something different dialogue wise or maybe your game just bugged out, it has a few issues, I’ve been hit with 2 of the save crashes resulting in a good few lost hours of play, regular sound glitches, one of the reward portals glitched out on me when I died in 1 and spawned me back in with another death immediately for no reason, then half the enemies wouldn’t spawn, resetting my potions at the Crystal checkpoints tends to give me a random amount each time when I should have at least 10 every time, nothing too bad though I’ve played worse, awesome game tbh despite the minor bugs, maybe this was just another to add, vanishing npcs lol

Clearly you didn't read my OP entirely as I said this happened in MY GAME and want to warn others in case it occurs for them as well. To call it 'inaccurate' because you're lucky enough not to have the bug doesn't mean the bug is gone or not there ?

The game isn't bad indeed though I was completely done with it after my last playthrough. Kept me entertained enough and netted me a nice ultra rare platinum though.

Edited by its_ArchroniX