Online is broken

Well for me and my friend anyway. Disconnects within seconds whether you are the host or not, something about a RYAN-3034 error.

Tried it with many randoms and also with my mate does not work either. We quickly try other games, such as Streets Of Rage 4 which works perfectly fine, just back to this game, instantly broken...

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

Saw the title and immediately thought it would be about Scott Pilgrim.

Out of the 10 or so games I've tried today, I've been able to complete none of them. Most have been laggy and then disconnected due to network issues shortly after starting and the one that worked best had some weird progression issue that wouldn't let the level move on after the enemies on screen were defeated. Only got 3 or so screens in before I had to quit due to the frustration. What also didn't help was the players who were constantly running to the left, hindering progression.

The saving grace is that there's only 3 online trophies and, on paper, they're not that tricky. In practise, getting to the point where a level and actually be completed is looking unlikely. I get that they might not have expected the amount of server traffic and it's early days but it's a re-release of a popular game that hasn't been available for years - they must've had some clue that there was going to be a high amount of players.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GamingWithAbyss1 said:

I got the online trophies in private. Main account on the PS5 and spare account on the PS4. Took about an hour to get them. 

Do you get your game crash at the second bus first stage every single time? Because I do on my PS5, always when playing multiplayer.

42 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Do you get your game crash at the second bus first stage every single time? Because I do on my PS5, always when playing multiplayer.

My game only crashed 1 time but I can't remember where. In multiplayer, I only played 2 stages. The main stage & shopping district. It took 5 runs to get everything 

Apparently no one played the original game's online when it came out. It was the same. The netcode is hot garbage. It took me and a friend literally months to get the two online trophies in the original because of it. We would only be able to complete one level every 30 or so tries. I highly doubt they're going to be doing anything to improve it. If they were, they likely would have done it already. I really hope I'm wrong about that though.

• Like 3

It's so dumb because the levels in this game seem suuupppeeerrr long. First beat-em-up I have ever played where it takes about 10-15 minutes to complete the first level. The first level takes longer than most scrolling beat-em-ups final level to finish.

I hope this isn't like trying to boost Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds on Vita. Where you just have to pray to god you can speed through the first stage as fast as possible with one other person and very laggy gameplay using very highly powered characters, just hoping this time you will get lucky before the game de syncs and you lose all your progress.

This game looks awesome on 4 player coop, kinda like how Dragon's Crown works, was hoping to play with all of you and of course get all the online trophies day on day of release before the online is dead and nobody playing it anymore, and here we are, Day 1 unable to play.

I mean I guess the only way to play it is to have someone who literally lives next door to you to cut down on lag. Or you have to boost with yourself.

Me and my mate bought this game yesterday so we could play with each other, and then, we simply can't... Lame...

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

I was able to get all 3 online trophies today through matchmaking, despite the broken netcode. Through much trial and error, here is the most efficient way w/ matchmaking:

Create a room, make it public with only 2 players (avoids lag and more variables), choose the shopping area from world 1 so that it is a quick level, wait for someone to join, play through the level until you beat the first ex and get to the world map (getting to the world map triggers the necessary autosave). I did this with all 6 characters available from the beginning, but I'm not sure if Knives is necessary. This method got me all 3 trophies. It can be frustrating finding people who will play half a level with you, but it seems like plenty of people are playing right now. I just watched TV while trying to grind for this. Stage 2 and 3 always crashed for me, mostly during the end battles or the ending illustrations. I would stick with world 1. I hope this helps others!

Back at it again with the hot trash Ubisoft.. kinda triggered reading all these posts because I enjoyed the OG PS3 version of the game and was really looking forward to playing this and supporting this title at launch. Yeah. Guess I will wait until a patch or sale or both. I will just drown my Ubisoft sorrows with a game or two of Rainbow Six Siege: the greatest Ubisoft game of all time (snicker)

2 hours ago, xxdmcgee2288xx said:

Back at it again with the hot trash Ubisoft.. kinda triggered reading all these posts because I enjoyed the OG PS3 version of the game and was really looking forward to playing this and supporting this title at launch. Yeah. Guess I will wait until a patch or sale or both. I will just drown my Ubisoft sorrows with a game or two of Rainbow Six Siege: the greatest Ubisoft game of all time (snicker)

I can't even get the game to last more than 5 seconds so it does not matter which level I choose, desync is inevitable really quickly.

I am just hoping it gets patched and in the meantime they don't patch out the cheats. Might be worth quickly grinding all 6 characters up to high stats incase they decide to do just that!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I can't even get the game to last more than 5 seconds so it does not matter which level I choose, desync is inevitable really quickly.

I am just hoping it gets patched and in the meantime they don't patch out the cheats. Might be worth quickly grinding all 6 characters up to high stats incase they decide to do just that!

Yeah might be worth it.. but idk.. $15 ain’t shit, but it’s more or less principle that’s holding me back from buying it now.. plus, I’ve been staying busy with ashen, grabbed it while it was on sale and been having a blast with it 

Been trying all day to get into an online game (both hosting and joining) so I can try to complete a level with the 3 remaining characters in order to get the trophy/platinum. I have had absolutely no luck with it.

Online play being the dumpster fire that it is has kind of soured me on this game and the memory of it from back in the day. The gameplay is still good and the soundtrack is still top tier but when a whole mode doesn't work properly right out of the gate, it's killing any desire for me to play it. Out of all the online sessions I've managed to join over the last few days, I can count on one hand the amount that were not laggy or timed out. When it works, it's fun but the trouble is that it rarely works and now appears not to be at all.

People have wanted the Scott Pilgrim game back for ages but not like this...not like this.

• Like 1

I think I can honestly say this game has the worst online on any game I have ever played in my entire life. My Internet in Japan is super fast.

I had some problematic games on PS3 sometimes but this is my first time with any issues on a game on PS4.

Even problem games like Phycho Breakers on Vita works till the end of the level.

Edited by enaysoft