Online is broken

15 minutes ago, jadenofshadows said:

Around 12 o'clock seems to be the best time to try and find a lobby. 

In case you still can't find a lobby, create a public one yourself and wait. Worked yesterday for me.

I've been sitting in a lobby for a hour so far. I've been trying to find someone to help in a private match in the meantime.

I had to make my own matches just to get the 'Everybody wants to play' trophy. All the other times when I joined a match it would crash or I'd get kicked off.

Make an open match, just two people and use The Stage area. Easy area when you just fight two easy bosses. Got the trophy in 15 minutes. And no crashes.

7 hours ago, Travnks said:

I saved the online trophies for last and it seems that was a mistake. I can't find anyone.

Seems like the online mode is completely dead. I can't find any matches and I've tried for two days now. That's sad because this is a pretty fun game.

6 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I think I can honestly say this game has the worst online on any game I have ever played in my entire life. My Internet in Japan is super fast.

I had some problematic games on PS3 sometimes but this is my first time with any issues on a game on PS4.

Even problem games like Phycho Breakers on Vita works till the end of the level.

This is some of the worst online I've seen too. On the first days it took me less than a minute to found players. It's completely dead now... Even if you're the host. No one will join your room.

I think online is dead because people try it a few times, it always disconnects and they just think hmm, well might try again later, or not bother again.

It's ironic to think I bought this game day 1 so I didn't have to worry about the online trophies because the online would be dead weeks after launch.

Other games on PS4, such as Viking Squad, Dragon's Crown, Streets Of Rage 4 all work perfectly and at times, it's as if you're in local play, the response time is that quick.

This game hides everything from you, you don't get to choose server, connection speeds or anything, game just starts randomly. I bet they didn't do anything to improve the base PS3 net code, just literally ported the game in its broken mess.

If only we had a stage that could be completed within 5 seconds.

9 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I think online is dead because people try it a few times, it always disconnects and they just think hmm, well might try again later, or not bother again.

It's ironic to think I bought this game day 1 so I didn't have to worry about the online trophies because the online would be dead weeks after launch.

Other games on PS4, such as Viking Squad, Dragon's Crown, Streets Of Rage 4 all work perfectly and at times, it's as if you're in local play, the response time is that quick.

This game hides everything from you, you don't get to choose server, connection speeds or anything, game just starts randomly. I bet they didn't do anything to improve the base PS3 net code, just literally ported the game in its broken mess.

If only we had a stage that could be completed within 5 seconds.

You're probably right about this. Today I've helped a friend to get all the trophies on private matches and it was a pain to be honest... Keep in mind that he was already halfway with the objectives for the trophies.

I've also got the platinum trophy for Dragon's Crown and Streets of Rage 4(I love both). The online works perfectly for me on both, I even comeback to play some matches, so there's that...

The PS3 version had better online. Believe me or not, they made this version have worse servers than the previous gen version, its almost impossible to believe how Ubisoft did this to a port from a game that was released in 2010. I loved this game so much back then. : (

Well... I still love it. But the platinum is enough and I'll move on. Maybe occasionally doing an couch coop run here and there.

Edited by Hibari-shugosha

On 21/01/2021 at 6:07 PM, Cozey said:

I can finally find matches today been able to complete a couple levels as well but Online is still buggy and crashing a lot tho 

I was intending to play it on long coop with a buddy but might hold off until its fixed correctly. 

Right now I am playing online and have been for over two hours, so far I have had 28 online games, almost exclusively with different people, 26 of them failed and surprisingly 2 of them actually got to the end of the stage. Man I was tense. Anyway I have done 2 characters now,

https://www.trueachievements.com/a173349/everybody-wants-to-play-achievement

Seems according to this guide you don't need Knives or Negascot.

I guess I probably need to boost with someone who lives near or in Japan. This way is just hopeless...

Well after about 300 Ryan errors I am finally done with the awful online on this game. Thankfully I got put together with one guy and our connection was super awesome, like felt like we were in the same room, other people i had 1-2 seconds of input lag. Anyway I connected with this guy and he/she seemed content with playing multiple levels so we completed the game starting from the quick "The Stage" area and was able to nervously get 200 kills without having Ryan popup...

So glad the online is over, on an otherwise good game.

Still able to find and create lobbies, that part is fine. It's just that the games online is fundamentally broken. In the hour and a half I tried, I got to finish one level with a random (the Main Stage) after I only would just get booted out and only get the RYAN-3002 or RYAN-3034 error. Even tried with a player I met online, every time we invited each other, we'd just get booted once a level started. IDK how you can get these online trophies, without having someone live super nearby.

20 hours ago, Ichiban-Hybrid said:

Christ, most of the lobbies I get in is either  network error or the game taking a fart and crash on it own. I don’t remember see this worse on the PS3 version.

The PS3 version had an online mode that kinda worked to be honest.

Edited by Hibari-shugosha

On 24/01/2021 at 6:14 PM, Spiroff23 said:

Still able to find and create lobbies, that part is fine. It's just that the games online is fundamentally broken. In the hour and a half I tried, I got to finish one level with a random (the Main Stage) after I only would just get booted out and only get the RYAN-3002 or RYAN-3034 error. Even tried with a player I met online, every time we invited each other, we'd just get booted once a level started. IDK how you can get these online trophies, without having someone live super nearby.

Got the platinum today by playing online with a friend nearby, and even then we still got some crashes when we'd finish the levels.

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I tried to start an online match with a mate from canada, I am from germany.

We have not been able to play a game that lasted longer than 5 seconds.

At the end I boosted the trophies with myself.

Played the game on PS5 and booted my PS4 with an alt account and was able to play online without problems that way.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Tried to boost this with a friend not one game worked, as the level starts immediately kicks us out with Ryan 3034  no matter who invited who. Starting to not like this Ryan very much. 

Don't know how I'm going to finish this game like this 

1 hour ago, El_Shubi said:

Tried to boost this with a friend not one game worked, as the level starts immediately kicks us out with Ryan 3034  no matter who invited who. Starting to not like this Ryan very much. 

Don't know how I'm going to finish this game like this 

Oh, so Ryan is still up to his own tricks?

You'll either need to boost with yourself using another PS4 (so the connection is stable) or you get yourself a very good Internet or get a friend to boost with you that lives very close to your location.

7 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Oh, so Ryan is still up to his own tricks?

You'll either need to boost with yourself using another PS4 (so the connection is stable) or you get yourself a very good Internet or get a friend to boost with you that lives very close to your location.

Think that's the problem, I'm in South Africa friend is in the US, finding a friend closer will be cheaper than buying a ps4 for this 

Do you live in a city? I know open wide spaces, like South Africa have some of the slowest connections in the world.

The issue is the netcode for the game is shit, it seems to have no way of handling slow connections or getting out of sync, so if the connection between you and someone else is not good enough, well. It will fail instantly.

Even though I am in Japan , 90% of all games for me instantly failed too. It was only when I connected with someone else nearby on a steady connection that the game did not disconnect at all.

Blame Ubisoft for such a shitly designed netcode game