Can't access PS Store - Stuck on loading screen. Any tips?

iliya0212

So like I wrote in the title, I can't access PS Store on my PS3, every time I try to launch the application I get the grey loading screen and that's it.

Background - started happening today after HDD swap (replaced drive that died 2 days ago).

What I tried so far:

1) Restarting the PS3

2) Checking for updates

3) Reinstalling the app

4) Changing DNS to google's

4) Full default factory reset of the console through safe mode

Please help :(

33 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

When you say "reinstalling the app" does that include deleting the store (triangle button over the store icon) and redownloading it? That helped for me when I was having issues. 

Yes, that is what I did multiple times, but didn't work so far. Thank you for your suggestion.

Edited by iliya0212
Wanted to add my thanks for trying to help :)

I did find a temporary work around, I will post it here in case anyone else will have this issue in the future:

1) Apparently you can still access old PS Store with PS3 an Vita games via web (change the region in the link to yours if needed) - you can still make purchases, at least it worked for me as of today (14/01/2021) - Link to the old PS Store - Disclaimer, use on your own risk!!

2) After buying via web you can go on your PS3 to Account Management -> Transaction Management -> Download List - From there you can download all your content without accessing the store.

Although it is not ideal and hasn't solved the main issue, it did give me an alternative for now, until I find more permanent solution.

Edited by iliya0212
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Null_Spectre said:

Try hotspotting from your smartphone if you've the data will tell it's an issue with your router or ISP, also not sure if you're either on WiFi or Ethernet but swap and see if anything changes. Haven't seen reports from other people so could just be a local issue.

Thank you for your suggestion, but unfortunately this didn't work.

Well the ps3 store has been acting up for like 5 years even when you get into you will be lucky to use it for 5 minutes without it crashing and having to restart your system again. Same happens with the PS4 store for me I don’t know what it is with Sony but the store has always been clunky for me no matter what, I presume it’s much improved on ps5 but I don’t know yet lol because I don’t have one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, balotelli_boy45 said:

Well the ps3 store has been acting up for like 5 years even when you get into you will be lucky to use it for 5 minutes without it crashing and having to restart your system again. Same happens with the PS4 store for me I don’t know what it is with Sony but the store has always been clunky for me no matter what, I presume it’s much improved on ps5 but I don’t know yet lol because I don’t have one.

To be honest, this is the first time it happened to me, although I agree that the store on PS3 works terrible :)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, iliya0212 said:

I did find a temporary work around, I will post it here in case anyone else will have this issue in the future:

1) Apparently you can still access old PS Store with PS3 an Vita games via web (change the region in the link to yours if needed) - you can still make purchases, at least it worked for me as of today (14/01/2021) - Link to the old PS Store - Disclaimer, use on your own risk!!

2) After buying via web you can go on your PS3 to Account Management -> Transaction Management -> Download List - From there you can download all your content without accessing the store.

Although it is not ideal and hasn't solved the main issue, it did give me an alternative for now, until I find more permanent solution.

That's a damn good find, works for my region too. Wonder how long it will last for.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

has links to other regions if need.

Oh, thats great, thanks for the link, I didn't realize there was a post on psnprofiles about this. Thank you for sharing!

1 hour ago, Null_Spectre said:

That's a damn good find, works for my region too. Wonder how long it will last for.

Yeah me too, probably it will go sooner rather then later, and that is unfortunate, because it did make my life a lot easier today, I was very frustrated. Remote downloads don't work anymore, but still more convinient then ps3 an vita stores.

Edited by iliya0212

Well, it did start working for me today, and I really didn't do anything special. Just deleted and reinstalled the app and let it load again for a few minutes.. Not sure what I did different this time or was it just pure luck, because it is the same thing I did countless times yesterday.

Edited by iliya0212
Spelling

13 hours ago, iliya0212 said:

Well, it did start working for me today, and I really didn't do anything special. Just deleted and reinstalled the app and let it load again for a few minutes.. Not sure what I did different this time or was it just pure luck, because it is the same thing I did countless times yesterday.

just tried this a few times and get error code 80028f08. might try again tomorrow