Oh great I think that I’m locked of the platinum....

NurseTatiana

So basically one the districts become already hostile without me noticing it I was collecting weapons from other people and everything was fine until I arrived to the hospital and saw that the guy who supposed to give me a key for a gun was already dead....is this a dead end or any other way to do it? It’s such a bad move of people who wrote the guide for not mentioning it I followed a walkthrough step by step and now here we go there is nothing to do about this.

Edit: It seems like all the people there also need to be alive for guns not to mention the game crashed so many times yesterday and today so ridiculous....!! I had such a bad luck playing games since cyberpunk :(

Any advice?

Edited by NurseTatiana

I’m having a hard time figuring out what part of the game you’re at or what the problem is exactly. It’s been awhile since I played this. Can you provide a little more information? Extra details like the name of the mission or objective you’re on, the name of the dead guy who was supposed to give you the key etc?

As far as I can remember, besides a couple known glitches, there were no dead ends that could lock you out of the platinum. So there has to be a way to fix your problem.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

I’m having a hard time figuring out what part of the game you’re at or what the problem is exactly. It’s been awhile since I played this. Can you provide a little more information? Extra details like the name of the mission or objective you’re on, the name of the dead guy who was supposed to give you the key etc?

As far as I can remember, besides a couple known glitches, there were no dead ends that could lock you out of the platinum. So there has to be a way to fix your problem.

And the save data got corrupted recently after another crash. I think I will have to start the entire game again I just read now there is no way to get the trophy if a district becomes hostile before starting to collect the guns. 

Edited by NurseTatiana

14 minutes ago, NurseTatiana said:

And the save data got corrupted recently after another crash. I think I will have to start the entire game again I just read now there is no way to get the trophy if a district becomes hostile before starting to collect the guns. Also is it safe to play story mode or does it lock the trophies? 

As I recall story mode does lock out trophies. And from my knowledge your previous save, for weapons at least, would have been messed up of as you need to loot the body for the key or weapon and if the person goes missing you can't loot it. No district should be hostile in your pacifist run if you are constantly healing people and only level up infrequently IMO as it reduces how often you have to heal as they only get sick when you sleep. If you're going to go to sleep try and make sure all possible people are cured first. And as annoying as it is, move more slowly between areas to avoid crashes, I only really crashed when I tried sprinting from one area to the next. 

1 hour ago, NurseTatiana said:

And the save data got corrupted recently after another crash. I think I will have to start the entire game again I just read now there is no way to get the trophy if a district becomes hostile before starting to collect the guns. 

That’s really rough. ? if you’re not too far in it may just be best to restart and try to avoid making the same mistakes.

I’d also highly recommend using automatic cloud saves. This way you’ll at least have something to fall back on if something goes wrong again. I use this feature and set it to upload all my save data every time I enter rest mode, and having a fresh save at the start of every gaming session has saved me more than once when I screwed up. It’s better to lose a few hours than lose your entire run!

Edit: This is off topic, but if you have a keyboard that you can hook up to your console, there’s an XP exploit that will let you level up infinitely and could make your new run much easier and faster. It’s covered in other topics on this forum. I didn’t get a chance to test it out myself when I played, but as far as I know it still works. And it would help you quickly get back to where you were  without too much hassle.

Edited by dieselmanchild

10 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

As I recall story mode does lock out trophies. And from my knowledge your previous save, for weapons at least, would have been messed up of as you need to loot the body for the key or weapon and if the person goes missing you can't loot it. No district should be hostile in your pacifist run if you are constantly healing people and only level up infrequently IMO as it reduces how often you have to heal as they only get sick when you sleep. If you're going to go to sleep try and make sure all possible people are cured first. And as annoying as it is, move more slowly between areas to avoid crashes, I only really crashed when I tried sprinting from one area to the next. 

Thanks for the answer then I will play on normal mode just to not risk it and probably the playthrough will be easier since I will be killing people. I think it was fault from my part cause I remember sleeping a lot just to restock on parts/ammo for bosses etc but again I didn’t have a single idea about this thought I would get the plat yesterday.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

That’s really rough. 1f641.png if you’re not too far in it may just be best to restart and try to avoid making the same mistakes.

I’d also highly recommend using automatic cloud saves. This way you’ll at least have something to fall back on if something goes wrong again. I use this feature and set it to upload all my save data every time I enter rest mode, and having a fresh save at the start of every gaming session has saved me more than once when I screwed up. It’s better to lose a few hours than lose your entire run!

Edit: This is off topic, but if you have a keyboard that you can hook up to your console, there’s an XP exploit that will let you level up infinitely and could make your new run much easier and faster. It’s covered in other topics on this forum. I didn’t get a chance to test it out myself when I played, but as far as I know it still works. And it would help you quickly get back to where you were  without too much hassle.

It’s fine I will just do another play through and follow video again just in case not to mess up anything. I know about the cloud saves as I used it a lot for bossfights to not loose ammo but it was not a big deal for now since most of the collectibles are tied to all the trophies that I’m still missing.

Thanks anyways!

Edit: Also off topic how’s Max Payne 3 going along did you beat shadows rushed me? 

9 hours ago, gruffiiti said:

I haven't played Vampyr yet. Was hoping to do it last Halloween but had too many other games on the go at the time.

When I do get to it though I will be using @Optinooby's Video guide for a cleanup run after first blind attempt.

He have the best guide so follow it I did aswell but it was my fault for not paying attention.

Before you reso this run be sure to follow some steps to not make mistakes for bot even once.You need clue for the second NPC(the priest)in story to brainwashing him or otherwise he will kill citicenz.Also strange how it is you need to turn info vampyre the doc and the rich old man in order to not make them die.Do not turn info vampyre the boss of the vampyre hunthers or kill any people and you will be good.

9 minutes ago, TrafalgarWarGrey said:

Before you reso this run be sure to follow some steps to not make mistakes for bot even once.You need clue for the second NPC(the priest)in story to brainwashing him or otherwise he will kill citicenz.Also strange how it is you need to turn info vampyre the doc and the rich old man in order to not make them die.Do not turn info vampyre the boss of the vampyre hunthers or kill any people and you will be good.

Like I said I did follow a walkthrough but the biggest mistake that I made is sleeping few times to restock on ammo and parts...kinda sucks but not a big deal I will do again and just be patient for the crashes holy god so annoying sometimes I have to restart the game 2-5 times in an hour ?

I just got the platinum recently and there is few things to note for everyone that will read this thread in the future

-Story mode don’t void any trophies as I have played and unlocked the rest that I was missing without any prob however “Not even once” trophy has to be done on Normal mode keep it in mind!!

-Don’t embrace anyone until the end so the district don’t go hostile on accident otherwise people will go missing and you can’t get their weapons for the trophies.

Good luck!