How do you choose what to put in your trophy cabinet?

Yuber6969

I know this question was probably asked before. I'm really curious about what people do with their trophy cabinet because I've seen no general consensus about what it's supposed to be used for.

I put trophies in there that I found to be challenging. I don't put grindy trophies in there as I don't consider grinds challenging (though they can be dreadful in their own way). I also won't put a platinum trophy in there unless I found several trophies in the game to be challenging.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

Click on whichever trophy you want to add, then click "Add to Cabinet." Then, you'll see your cabinet in the top right corner of your profile.

Thanks for this! I’ve been wondering this for awhile ever since I became a premium member. I see a lot of people with far more games in their cabinet and thought the expanded cabinet was the default at first, but I noticed that mine never changed. I didn’t realize you could actually customize your own cabinet either!

• Like 1

I put trophies that mean something to me :)
I put the platinum of the first game I ever played (on PS3).
I put the platinum of a JRPG I loved and was my first platinum that took actual dedication.

I put the platinum of a game that was in a language I didn't understand, with no guides at the time, and I even wrote a guide for myself (but a better guide was written the day the moderator gave me permission to publish the guide, so I never went through with it)

• Like 1

I change up once in a while. Right now I have some that mean something to me like My first platinum overall and my first PS4 platinum. I also have some of my favorite platinum's and also my rarest trophy I have earned. 

Before I had a lot of my rarest platinum's in there.

Not a premium member so I only have three slots and decided made a Haiku with games from my favorite genre.

Edit: Was gifted a premium membership, so for now I have platinums from my favorite games.

Edited by JavaNext
A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one
  • Like 4

I started this post by typing that I've only put 3 in there so far but then saw what @JavaNextput. Didn't realise that's all I could have.

Anyway, there's the platinum from FF7 Remake which was my 100th platinum/7777th trophy overall, there's one from Injustice which is the rarest one I've earned at time of writing and finally I've got Flappy Goat from Goat Simulator. That's the trophy that took the most effort to get and eluded me for so long.

Probably going to replace the Injustice one as A) it wasn't really any challenge and more just doing moves to a second controller and B] it lists the rarest trophies underneath the cabinet, making it redundant, Gonna have to have a serious think about what to replace it with. Front runner is the "Boner" trophy from Time Carnage because, mentally, I am a child and I find that funny.

• Like 1

At the moment, in my cabinet I have plats of games that I really, really liked (like Okami or XBlaze Code Embryo) and particularly hard/annoying trophies that I obtained (Cold Blooded from Uncharted 2 or Zone Conqueror from Clicker Heroes for example).

I still have spot for one more and after that I think I might be kicking out "The Hunt is my Mistress". That, or my premium expires and I'll probably stick to just favourite games.

Spirit Master from Destiny of Spirits - A free to play Vita game that had all the hallmarks of a mobile game: time gating on the number of battles you could play that got longer the further into the game you got (because your characters needed to heal) that could be overcome by spending premium currency, a gatcha where you could purchase more powerful characters using premium currency, needing multiple copes of characters to fully power up, etc. I had been playing pretty casually for about a year, and figured it would take me another year to finish. Then came the 90 day shutdown announcement. I managed to haul ass to the finish line in 2 months. The final trophy of the game became the first trophy in my cabinet.

It's in the Trial from Dante's Inferno - 40 tough as nails trial rooms, this one made it in for difficulty.

Professor Portal from Portal 2 - I literally had to purchase this trophy because you can't play coop unless you also have a Steam account with Portal 2 on it. I already had Portal 2 on my Steam account. My nephew only had the PS3 disk. So I had to buy a copy of Portal 2 on Steam for my nephew. This one made it into my trophy cabinet as a reminder of that.

7 Day Survivor from Dead Rising - Not exactly difficult, not exactly grindy, but stressful knowing a couple bad moves or a power outage could ruin your run. This trophy takes 14 hours to complete, and once I made it past the finish line, this one got added to my cabinet.

One does not simply... from LEGO The Lord of the Rings - The trophy image is LEGO Boromir at the Council of Elrond, holding up his hand in a circle (of course he is, he's a LEGO figure). The trophy name is "One does not simply...". Go ahead and guess the trophy description. I loved the pun, so into the cabinet it went.

Valor Grand Cross from Killzone 2 - A very difficult trophy I had no right to get as easily as I did. I had the game for a while but never started it, because of this trophy. It's awarded to the top 1% on the global leaderboards every week after server rollover. Then the server shutdown announcement came. I bought a second copy off eBay so I could self-boost, and got to work. The trophy was mine a week later. There were people who had been playing for years who fought for weeks up until server shutdown and never got it, and if you're one of them, sorry. The trophy's in my cabinet both to celebrate my victory, and remember the valiant many who fell along the way.

The Nightmare is Over from Let It Die - Another one in the cabinet for difficulty. I'm still not entirely sure it's possible to do this without spending premium currency, but I had gotten plenty for free over the years, so I bought the 2 dozen or so revives I needed to get through the last two Forcemen.

• Like 1