How do you choose what to put in your trophy cabinet?

Yuber6969

The platinums of my top 10 favorite games with platinum trophies (that I've earned). If you don't feel like checking my profile right now I have:

-NieR: Automata

-The House in Fata Morgana

-Final Fantasy X-2

-NieR

-God Eater Resurrection (for God Eater Burst)

-Final Fantasy XII

-Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (love both 999 and VLR)

-Resonance of Fate

-AI: The Somnium Files

-Dark Cloud 2

I still need to get Final Fantasy VIII which will go third and push Dark Cloud 2 out.

• Like 2

Obviously, I trained a highly astigmatic naked mole rat named Viscount Ephialtes von Schlotterstein XXVIII to pick them out of a hat using ki-powered telepathy. The fact that five out of ten of them are among the best games ever made, is a happy coincidence.

• Like 1

I usually just put the plarinum of my favourite games or franchises in my cabinet, if any happen to be rare or ultra rare that's just a bonus =>

Have been going trough my trophies to see if i could spell something funny or interesting but so far iv'e not gotten anything together.

So far i'm only sticking to platinum trophies since i see no real use of just throwing normal trophies in there. 

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

Mine are Mayo, Mayo, and Mayo 2.  Crossing my fingers for a Mayo 3.

Why?  Well, every time a game like Mayo releases, a certain subset of the people on this forum lose their minds, and curse 'easy platinums' up an down for ruining trophy value, screwing with how the leaderboards should be, blah blah blah.  I can't stand it.  My trophy cabinet says 'Hey!  Some of these easy games are darn fun and funny and a good time, so settle down!'.  

I'll change it up eventually, however, I'm sure.

25 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

I usually just put the plarinum of my favourite games or franchises in my cabinet, if any happen to be rare or ultra rare that's just a bonus =>

Have been going trough my trophies to see if i could spell something funny or interesting but so far iv'e not gotten anything together.

So far i'm only sticking to platinum trophies since i see no real use of just throwing normal trophies in there. 

A few games have single letters as trophy icons.  You could play one of those games and spell any 10 letter word you wanted.  I've considered doing that myself.

• Like 1

I just put my favorites. Hard to pick just three as I'm not premium. Will only get harder as I get new favorites......

Wait edit: While undertale is a great game, I gotta say it's not really one of my favorites but it's in my cabinet as a joke because I love how stupid and funny that plat is to get. Don't you have anything better to do? Yes, I probably do. We all do. 

Edited by Fizzgiglatte

Everything in my cabinet is stuff that was exceptionally hard to get.

Super Meat Boy was obvious. But there is stuff like getting X Rank in 10 Second Ninja X, beating Gunsmoke in Capcom Arcade Cabinet, and the exceptionally hard Challenge 6 in Vanquish that took a good amount of skill to beat. 

If you have the trophies I got in my cabinet, you sir or madam have my respect.

• Like 2

Demon's Souls: Slayer of trophies - I like the name :D

Crash Bandictoot 4 Platinum - Proud of this one and I'm a huge Crash Bandicoot fan

Metal Gear Solid 5 - Legend - Had it as one of my first cabinet trophies and never removed it

Persona 5 Platinum - Because best JRPG ever 

Last of us Remastered - It Can't be for nothing. Also for the name and a platinum I'm proud of. One of the first games I bought when I started trophy hunting.

The Witcher 3 Platinum - Because also one of the best games ever 

Oddworld New 'n Tasty Platinum - Best nostalgic game from when I was a kid. I've played the ps1 version 100's of times.

• Like 1

At first I thought it was redundant, considering the “Rarest Trophies” ribbon right below, thinking there might as well be 10 in that category instead. Then I realized the obvious, this one you have a choice in the contents, as opposed to rarest likely being monopolized by the same game (mine being ibb & obb at least until it got crashed by an online Yugioh trophy).

Gummi Ship Collector in Kingdom Hearts (PS3)

On PS3 you have to do all the gummi missions to obtain all the blueprints, but on PS4 you only need 30 blueprints which you can easily get without doing any missions at all (heartless drops and handouts from Geppetto, greatly reducing the difficulty and time to platinum (in addition to the time saved not needing a 3rd playthrough on standard mode for PS4). But it’s KH1 so tbh I wouldn’t care if there were 5 difficulty levels you had to replay.

Card Master Sora in Chain of Memories (PS3)

This was another collection grind I didn’t like too much, but got better when I realized you can manipulate RNG by reloading a save, especially for the barrel spider, white mushroom, and black fungus.

Treasure Hunter in Final Fantasy XIII

This game had serious financial issues. If you don’t take advantage of the final unrevisitable room to get max CP for crystarium tier 10 and ~40 free perovskites, it will only be worse. A trophy that makes you follow a guide because otherwise you don’t know how many items you need to make or preserve. Also the sole missable trophy though you can make many others a slog if ill-prepared. Take note of which monsters are vulnerable the to Death spell ☝️

A Collector’s Collector in Tales of Symphonia

We owe our lives to that one Gamefaqs guide for this platinum. They gave this title to the wrong character though! Any other character and you could have done another save reload for only 3 playthroughs.

Friends List with Benefits in Portal 2

This was not my first experience with now-unobtainable items in a game (trophies in Super Smash Bros. Melee and boat tickets or something to legendaries in Pokemon, heck even the signature collection in the Dr Seuss “Book About Me”), but it was my first PlayStation game with online trophies. Lots of things went wrong on the way to getting those two. I was lucky that Steam support gave me a password reset to the steam account that Portal 2 somehow created without me knowing the what the login credentials were. For the longest time, I had no idea the biggest reason a session wouldn’t even start was because you have to have all the accounts linked with Portal 2 in the steam library (using alts makes this an expensive platinum). Could you imagine if the Art Therapy courses were required the platinum after all this???

Castle Guide in ICO

This is one of two time limit trophies, the other being for 4 hour clear time. 2 hours is not impossible, but I cut it pretty close. You may not like this because it takes ~30 minutes to clear from the last save point.

Meticulous Collector in Shadow of the Colossus (PS3)

This was one of the first challenges I almost gave up on. It is troubled by a frame rate related issue with the port, but once I found out about the “Perfect Grip” trick and what triggers each colossus shaking you off, I got all Hard Time Attacks one by one. The time limits they give you are still awful. People mostly mention #3 and #15 but I had 4 seconds left on #4 and I swear I got onto it as fast as possible.

Completist in Katamari Forever

4,000+ items is just so many. The ones you miss are usually in a specific level when your katamari is a certain size, and you miss it on the next zoom out. Eff the Cowbear. So many GameFaq threads for each the commonly missed items...

It’s in the Trial in Dante’s Inferno (Trials of St. Lucia)

This game’s DLC is pretty much the reason i made a UK account. Many of us didn’t get to this game until a big blowout about the online mode not even working. Between EA saying they weren’t fixing anything and having 2 odd trophies synced automatically overnight by my PS+ settings, I couldn’t have been saltier about everything. I didn’t play the main game first so I had to learn every enemy fresh, which even if I did, the easy mode fallback permitted by the story mode requirements doesn’t make you figure how to fell the worst enemies at their strongest. My partner for the Co-op trials was great and I felt so much pressure to do well.

The Gold Spender in SSX

This is one of the multiple badge collections, but i recall this involving the asynchronous multiplayer more so than the other badge categories. This was also the last trophy for my 50th platinum, after which i switched over from some series marathons to A-Z challenges since my kid-in-a-candy-store eyes ? wanted every remotely interesting game on PSN (after discovering how many games are exclusive to digital) leading me to have large library of untouched games.

I used to put certain trophies on this like Spellslinger from Magic the Gathering to show I had the viral trophy in case people were looking for boosters. I’ll probably swap these out for others if better (or should I say “worse?”) trophies come along.

• Like 1

I have 1 bronze, 1 silver, 1 gold, sandwiched between 2 platinums. They are there as my favourite trophy name for each colour trophy. I have added a second plat to make it look neater with my 5 rarest trophies which are nicely laid out as Plat, Bronze, Gold, Bronze, Plat. 

Plat - Better Than Gold  

Gold - Heroic Survivor 

Silver - Demolition Man 

Bronze - Blackjack and Hookers 

Plat - All Your Trophies Are Belong To Me 

• Like 1