How do you choose what to put in your trophy cabinet?

Yuber6969

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/15/2021 at 11:34 AM, MandA60VISE said:

The platinums of my top 10 favorite games with platinum trophies (that I've earned). If you don't feel like checking my profile right now I have:

-NieR: Automata

-The House in Fata Morgana

-Final Fantasy X-2

-NieR

-God Eater Resurrection (for God Eater Burst)

-Final Fantasy XII

-Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (love both 999 and VLR)

-Resonance of Fate

-AI: The Somnium Files

-Dark Cloud 2

I still need to get Final Fantasy VIII which will go third and push Dark Cloud 2 out.

You have superbly good taste. Morgana is up there with Umineko as one of the best VNs of all time IMO. 

My cabinet is just the plats that I’m proudest of. A few aren’t as hard as others, Hyper Light Drifter for example, but they all left me feeling so satisfied when I was done with them. 

Right now I just have my best Platinum at this time (Brawlhalla). I put in hundreds of hours playing this game with friends in private matches, and got all the base game trophies for it too. Such a fun experience and one of my top games all time. Hoping to finally stop jumping around game to game and get some more platinums I'm proud of.

I've not used the cabinet feature for my main account at all (I don't even think I've signed up) but if I did I would want to create a sentence using the trophy titles.

I don't know what I'd want to say and I'd be limited to whatever words and phrases I've unlocked trophies with but I think that would be more fun than the general 'favourite games' or 'rarest platinums' that a lot of people seem to go for.

3 of my favorite games: The Last of Us, Dragon Age Origins and Fallout 3 (soon to be replaced with New Vegas)

Skyrim and RDR 2 are my absolute favorites but Skyrim is already in the Milestones, it was my first plat, and RDR 2 well... I just can't. Love the story, but I dislike the Online mode, so I probbaly won't plat it

Gran Turismo is my favourite video game franchise and the series I'm spending most of my time on, so I have the Platinum Trophies for GT5, GT6 and GT Sport in my cabinet, though I've played many more games that would be worthy of a spot. However I don't want things to get too cluttered, so I'm limiting things like this. Here's hoping that I'll be able to earn GT7's Platinum as well when it finally comes out.

• Like 1

The trophy cabinet has very limited spaces, especially without premium and when you played a lot of games.

I put the most important trophies there. I pay a lot of attention to the trophy icon, because this is the first thing you'll see and to be honest is the only important metric when it comes to rating trophies. This is not sarcastic, I am 100% serious (okay, maybe I am sarcastic). I love my PS5 and I absolutely love Astro Bot!

So, I have to put these little bots everywhere. My profile pic, my banner, my trophy cards, and my trophy cabinet of course … pure Astro Botness and I love it. The only picture that's not related to Astro Bot is my PSN profile banner.

My most favorite trophy is the Play Has No Limits! trophy from Astro's Playroom, because it has a PS5 and the accessories in its picture. It doesn't get any better than this right now. You have to have this trophy! The other two trophies in my cabinet are there, because they have the first PlayStation in the picture and I like it also.

Luckily, I can save one spot in my cabinet by not putting in the platinum of Astro’s Playroom, because you can just scroll down to my trophy milestones and see it twice!

Sadly, I can't feel the nostalgia of this brand, because PS5 is my first PlayStation and my first real gaming device but I can imagine how nostalgic someone would feel if they played Astro's Playroom and also earned every PlayStation system before.

44Lea5821.png

43Lf2c213.png 29Lfb4256.png

I also like the Watch Dogs series. I have played the first and second Watch Dogs game and will start Legion maybe next year, I have it in my shelf. So, if I had premium I would definitely add any trophy of the series to my cabinet that has the Watch Dogs logo in the icon. It would fill the cabinet quite well, so even 10 spaces might not be enough to also show some other trophies. If you did this, any visitor would instantly see that you like Watch Dogs and I think it would be very nice to look at. (I hope I haven't overlooked a trophy)

5Lf225cc.png  35L81026f.png  1Ld84aa2.png  2L0979a5.png  14Lc36dd2.png  15L274282.png  7L947fac.png  43L836356.png  46L936944.png

Edited by HazyDie
I overlooked the trophies that show the logo small or in the background. I hope I've got all of them now.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've posted in here before, but now that I have 10 slots available through premium, I decided to scrap the idea I had previously and make a themed profile instead. So, to fit with my name, I decided to go for trophies which have birds or feathers in the image (excluding stuff like a trophy from GoW which has a valkyrie on the image - theoretically, there's feathers dropping from it, but it's not related to the specific thing I'm after)... still didn't fit the 10 slots, but I'll work on it over time. If I get to more than 10, maybe I'll exclude feathers and leave only full birds - or do something else entirely. IDK. Let's see what the future brings.

Edited by Eagle
  • Like 2