How do you choose what to put in your trophy cabinet?

Yuber6969

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The trophies I have on my cabinet are a measure of skill, trophies that not just anybody can obtain. The platinum trophies are basically anything under sub 1 percent rarity, which I consider to be the "big boy" platinums. They are generally trophies that take a good deal of effort but more importantly patience to earn.

Mine are chosen based on ones that I'm either really proud of, memorable or the series holds a special place in my heart.

The 'Throw Hammer or Run' trophy from Hunt: Showdown was chosen because the moment I got the trophy was hilarious and memorable to me at the time. The guy was trying to sneak inside and as soon as he opened the door I yeeted the hammer at his face. My fiance panics cause they saw him and throws a molotov and sets the whole building on fire. We run around like headless chickens looking for the exit while the other guys partner is firing at us from somewhere. It was fun lol. So, stuff like that. xD

Edited by Monochrome
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Because I mean it, my trophy-hunting brethren.

?

15 hours ago, Ilzaki said:

They make a lady with a squid for a head.

What does this mean and why does it have 3 up votes for not answering the question at all?

12 hours ago, ScarecrowsFate said:

To be honest, I just stuck my rarest three platinums in there. Zero thought went into it.

I haven't checked your profile yet, but assuming your three rarest plat are not also your three rarest trophies?

11 hours ago, Monochrome said:

Mine are chosen based on ones that I'm either really proud of, memorable or the series holds a special place in my heart.

The 'Throw Hammer or Run' trophy from Hunt: Showdown was chosen because the moment I got the trophy was hilarious and memorable to me at the time. The guy was trying to sneak inside and as soon as he opened the door I yeeted the hammer at his face. My fiance panics cause they saw him and throws a molotov and sets the whole building on fire. We run around like headless chickens looking for the exit while the other guys partner is firing at us from somewhere. It was fun lol. So, stuff like that. xD

Finally a good answer!  Details with a good little story!

7 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

I mentioned my reasons in this thread.

Awesome, but that's another thread ...

• 6 months later...

I thought about this quite a bit when I got the cabinet, and tried out a few different things.  I first tried like the rarest trophies outside of my rare trophy top 5, however it looked weird because it was on top of the ultra rare top 5 below it.  Then I tried doing it with those I was proud of, or those that were hell to complete or frustrating.  Then I realized that some would not probably understand why a rare or a silver or bronze would be considered hard, and so I think it looked more random than anything.

I finally decided on putting my most recent 9 platinums in there, that are not "milestone" platinums, and are not showcased in the top 5 rarest of my trophies.  This way I'm always showing different data on my page that isn't found elsewhere or highlighted elsewhere.  I don't suppose it looks impressive to others and I have been playing a lot of non-platinum games, however if people see my profiles and the platinums and think hmm...I could get that, well maybe it will inspire someone to go for it.  

Every time I get a new platinum I remove the bottom one, and add the one before the newest to the top, as most recent platinum is always shown below the ultra rares.  So its basically cycling as new platinums are earned.  

I pick the games I like the most and I try to show the platinum if it has a decent name/image, if not, I find another trophy in that list that has a good name/image, I don't really care about fake rarity statistics and/or useless skill levels in games I don't care about

• 9 months later...

My trophy cabinet's the 3 Love Live School Idol Paradise plats since they're a connected trilogy of rhythm games and I'm a Love Live fan. Same trophy names, game names that appear the same at a cursory glance due to length, and similar rarities and icons - so I quite like how they look together.

If I ever go premium here, my 4th would be a trophy from Love Live School Idol Festival which unfortunately doesn't have a plat to go with the above; perhaps the μ's Sparkle if I ever manage to get it since μ's are the protagonists of those SIP games.

I haven't given much thought about the remaining 6 trophies in this scenario, so I guess I'd just go through my list of plats and pick out the ones with my favourite combination of name + icon.

• Like 1

My trophy cabinet at the time of posting contains five trophies.

At the top is Fundead Legionnaire from Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (PS4), my first ever platinum trophy achieved on my original main PSN account (which, long story short, SIE mods took away from me 3.5 years ago after I made a stupid mistake or two with it). The other four are the infamous bronze DLC trophies from Battlefield Hardline (PS4) which demand you kill 10,000 enemy players as each cop/criminal (agent) class. Most of this insane grind was done so through taking turns boosting kills with others, which was quicker than getting kills from legitimate multiplayer gameplay but still took a few hundred hours of my gaming life away.

Edited by Dry

Nothing interesting in the way I set up mine just the rarest plats almost never my hardest. It's just how I prefer it. I guess it would be nice to have the premium cabinet but I'm alright with the regular cabinet it's not too big of a deal.