Trophy stack on last gen?

MohandGamer7

Hello everyone

I know how stacking works between last gen and new gen in most games but since Fortnite is an online game i was wondering if i can play the PS5 version First and get the platinum trophy then link my account to the PS4 version and get the platinum again on the PS4 version &/OR regional stack as well! Or is it  PS4 to PS5 only? 

12 hours ago, MohandGamer7 said:

That’s not bad, right? I mean it seems an easy trophy to pop! 

It's quite literally the rarest(?) daily quest in the game. I've been playing Fortnite for almost 3 years now (save the world and battle royale) and only ever got that quest once towards the end of December 2020.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The only way to stack this or any other PS5 game is to play the PS4 version(s) first, then import your save to the PS5 because it's a one way trip that can't be reversed.

That doesn’t apply for fortnite or online games. It can be 2 ways but problems might occur like only some trophies will pop not all. 
Please make sure your informations are correct before posting them or at least give an exception if there is any because what you wrote doesn’t apply here. ☺️

4 hours ago, Thisisnotharry said:

It's quite literally the rarest(?) daily quest in the game. I've been playing Fortnite for almost 3 years now (save the world and battle royale) and only ever got that quest once towards the end of December 2020.

Ok WOW that’s unfortunate guess i’ll say no to this game as i don’t wanna play the ps4 version or wait 3 years for 1 trophy 

17 minutes ago, MohandGamer7 said:

That doesn’t apply for fortnite or online games. It can be 2 ways but problems might occur like only some trophies will pop not all.

Wait a minute, are you saying it is possible for Fortnite to cross-save from the PS5 to the PS4? I ask, because I was genuinely under the impression it was physically impossible for any PS5 game to cross-save from the PS5 to the PS4, because of differences in the trophy architecture on the PS5 compared to how the PS4 does it ?. If this is true, then why can't other games do it?

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

32 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Wait a minute, are you saying it is possible for Fortnite to cross-save from the PS5 to the PS4? I ask, because I was genuinely under the impression it was physically impossible for any PS5 game to cross-save from the PS5 to the PS4, because of differences in the trophy architecture on the PS5 compared to how the PS4 does it 1f914.png. If this is true, then why can't other games do it?

If the trophy triggers are correlated to an API call to Fortnites servers, then the same API call can be made on a PS4 and a PS5. The structure of the trophy architecture then boils down to just an API call. Many (almost all??) games aren't set up like that because there's no reason unless there a major online component to the game, where API calls are routine.

47 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Wait a minute, are you saying it is possible for Fortnite to cross-save from the PS5 to the PS4? I ask, because I was genuinely under the impression it was physically impossible for any PS5 game to cross-save from the PS5 to the PS4, because of differences in the trophy architecture on the PS5 compared to how the PS4 does it 1f914.png. If this is true, then why can't other games do it?

Destiny 2 is an example of this, you can earn trophies on PS5, log on to the PS4 and see them auto pop.

Games that allow you to use the same profile across any device will typically unlock trophies or achievements on a particular system. However, the number of games that do this is very small and generally only applicable to large online games like Destiny or Fortnite.

53 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

If the trophy triggers are correlated to an API call to Fortnites servers, then the same API call can be made on a PS4 and a PS5. The structure of the trophy architecture then boils down to just an API call. Many (almost all??) games aren't set up like that because there's no reason unless there a major online component to the game, where API calls are routine.

36 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Destiny 2 is an example of this, you can earn trophies on PS5, log on to the PS4 and see them auto pop.

Games that allow you to use the same profile across any device will typically unlock trophies or achievements on a particular system. However, the number of games that do this is very small and generally only applicable to large online games like Destiny or Fortnite.

Thank you for the info :). Why does Sony have to make trophy lists so god damn complicated these days?

4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Why does Sony have to make trophy lists so god damn complicated these days?

It's become evident Sony probably documented the bares minimum of trophy programming integration for developers and so what naturally happens is developers all take great liberties in how they implement it. What we end up with is glitched or broken trophies or the current PS5/PS4 trophy conundrum.

And now that we're a dozen-ish years into trophies and four consoles later, the toothpaste is out of the tube. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MohandGamer7 said:

Ok WOW that’s unfortunate guess i’ll say no to this game as i don’t wanna play the ps4 version or wait 3 years for 1 trophy 

Why not just play the PS5 version since you have it? Yoh wouldn’t need to play the PS4 versions as you could just autopop the 2 PS4 lists. The ‘all together now’ daily quest isn’t as rare as it used to be ever since it’s unlock requirements were changed a couple of months back. I got the daily quest twice since then before I stopped rerolling my daily quests

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, GraniteSnake said:

Why not just play the PS5 version since you have it? Yoh wouldn’t need to play the PS4 versions as you could just autopop the 2 PS4 lists. The ‘all together now’ daily quest isn’t as rare as it used to be ever since it’s unlock requirements were changed a couple of months back. I got the daily quest twice since then before I stopped rerolling my daily quests

Because of what he said below: i thought it’s very rare and i must do it again on the ps4 version because it doesn’t autopop. If it’s really not that rare then yeah ok i’ll do the ps5 version and 2 ps4 stacks

7 hours ago, Thisisnotharry said:

• 1 month later...