Hitman 3 was ordered on limited run. But the 2 previous games are pal. Do I get access to all the dlcs? what to do.

shai_sr12345

Hello everyone i am in a bit of a problem.

I dont know what to do, so I just think that I will ask you this.

I was ordering some weeks ago, the hitman 3 deluxe edition of the game on the limited run website, because non of my retail store (that usually buy my games) was uploaded & didn't know when they will do, a pre-order for this game.

I was thinking that, I will buy the game & will get all the dlcs & also the very special item (that exclusive only to lrg website the hitman 3 passport) & after I will get the game. I will get access to all of my dlcs of the 2 previous games (legacy packs, that is from my understanding tie in to your io account) & all the deluxe & pre order dlcs from the deluxe edition and will use them on my pal account.

WHY did i think that i am in a bit of a problem?! Because one day some years ago, i did seeing someone ask about dlcs code but someone else, answered him & says that, he tried to purchase dlc from other psn account & play the game that he bought from his region (don't remember if it was pal or NTSC region for the game disc or the other way around) but he did says that it work for him & to be clear he played the basic version of the game disc because that it was what he was bought at that time & aperently other people at that time have tried this and it's was working for them.

So I was understanding that you can buy dlcs, season pass from pal or NTSC regionand and buy the disc in NTSC or pal region (applying to digital version as well) & the region from now on is for blu-ray movie disc only.

Tldr: now I think i am wrong in that perspective of that one guy & other guys that descover something that is no more valid & think i am screwed on both side of the matter & don't know what to do.

So my question is what to do, what are my options to do, if I want to play the game with everything on one account.

I think they going to send a message in the release date of the game that they going to ship the game to me.

Hope is what I said was understandable and hope to get your help about this & don't know what to do.

• Like 1

If I understood correctly:

- if your base game is of NA (North America) region, DLC have to be purchased from that store. DLC's bought from EU store won't work.

- if your base game is of EU region, DLC have to be purchased from that store. DLC's bought from NA store won't work.

So depends on what region did you have the previous two games and region you bought Hitman 3. 

PS Store does not use NTSC and PAL regions, they use four different versions of the PlayStation Store: Asia, Europe (including Oceania and the Middle East), Japan and North America.

8 hours ago, ReoJee said:

If I understood correctly:

- if your base game is of NA (North America) region, DLC have to be purchased from that store. DLC's bought from EU store won't work.

- if your base game is of EU region, DLC have to be purchased from that store. DLC's bought from NA store won't work.

So depends on what region did you have the previous two games and region you bought Hitman 3. 

PS Store does not use NTSC and PAL regions, they use four different versions of the PlayStation Store: Asia, Europe (including Oceania and the Middle East), Japan and North America.

OK thank you for commenting on the post.

Now, as I have said, the 2 previous games was bought as pal games, on disc. But as I was understanding, the progress transfer now, is from the io interactive account now & in special website.

That means, that if I am, will transfer the io interactive account from the PAL games (because i was use the account on those game in europe psn with Europe ps store) I will still get access to the progress, because it's based account now. so it's just a guess (also the account data transfer is confusing, because they talk one time, about 1 account (io interactive) & the other about 2 accounts (io interactive/profile). But don't count a psn username, as region account & don't know what they want about this, if they only talk about the io interactive account) .

I know the psn store is not NTSC or PAL based, but i was cataloging them like that, because region game base.

"So depends on what region did you have the previous two games and region you bought Hitman 3." - I was ordering the game from limited run games (so I guess it will be with M rating = NTSC Region) one of the reasons i was purchase the game from them, was the Hitman3 passport item that was exclusive to them & non of my local store was posting open pre-order for the game.

Also i want to ask you something else, if i am need, to buy the game again in physical. (if i will REALLY need to do so again, in the End. after seeing that, the profile progression transfer, really didn't let me access to the item & progression. Because the region of the game disc, even though i think, it will not do so & Will say to me that, the transfer progress is complete) but if it will do so.

Will the game, make me install this game again. as if i will trying to install physical game instead digital game, but it will saying that it will install it because of different game disc regions (probably not, but will not do harm to ask this) just to be sure.

Hope i was clear enough to understand with my Questions.

8 hours ago, ReoJee said:

I do not know how it will work. Anyway, tomorrow is the release date, so you will know then.

It will be a while to check it because yesterday lrg send me a message about the item that will be shipped to me in the release date of the game so.

After a week or 2 the game will be in my hand to test it.

I give you an update of what happened in the end

I hope for your sake that the legacy packs work but ordering from LR was a bad idea especially when square enix published the game for everywhere outside the US, deluxe edition included.... Got my copy of the deluxe today and I'm in the UK, which region wise is still a part of Europe. (they decided to stick french as well on the PS5 upgrade available box making it big and ugly...)  I heard if you check the PS store and the game numbers match in both regions it should mean the dlc will work? If that is true at least it will be helpful for you.

9 hours ago, FrozenLionheart said:

I hope for your sake that the legacy packs work but ordering from LR was a bad idea especially when square enix published the game for everywhere outside the US, deluxe edition included.... Got my copy of the deluxe today and I'm in the UK, which region wise is still a part of Europe. (they decided to stick french as well on the PS5 upgrade available box making it big and ugly...)  I heard if you check the PS store and the game numbers match in both regions it should mean the dlc will work? If that is true at least it will be helpful for you.

I was ordering this game from them because 2 reasons that I have said. But if you missed them it's mainly because non of my local stores was having the game on pre-order & second I wanted the Hitman3 passport so much that when i was seeing its a lrg exclusive i was figured that if the local stores in my state was having an open pre-order (which they didn't do) they will probably will not have the item as pre-order bonus.

Anyway the post on the ioi.dk was saying that the transfer of the progress required an ioi account (mostly rely on this if I was understanding them correctly). So I hope that i will still be able to get access to all of the previous dlc that I own because it's tie to account now & mostly not to region thus time but maybe I am wrong

I will give update soon as I will get the game & see what will happened

• 1 month later...
On 18.3.2021 at 6:59 AM, czarzander said:

@shai_sr12345 hi, is there any update related to the different region of previous hitman games?

Well yes & no. Didn't found the time to get Europe disc version to test it. 

But after i did the save transfer progression, i did get most of the items that was earning in the previous games (including the collector edition code of hitman 2, some weapons & suit from hitman 2016 goty edition including escelation's of them) also all the suits from the elusive targets & 1v1 multiplayer did carry on. 

But the location of the 2 previous games did not transfer to the game & need to get the EU disc for this but all the US Codes & pre order codes are working. 

When i will get the EU version i will update.