Pre-launch guide (includes progress carryover info)

ArcMoogle

Unfortunately no info on whether trophies will auto-pop (though I can't imagine them not auto-popping, especially for the mastery levels...?).

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pre-launch-guide/

All current HITMAN 2 players will be able to carryover their hard-earned progression into HITMAN 3.

After completing the carryover process, HITMAN 2 players will be able to start HITMAN 3 with their existing player profile, XP rank, location mastery levels, location mastery unlocks, challenge progress, challenge unlocks and Elusive Target suits/unlocks. All of those things are what we call ‘progression’. It’s not possible to pick and choose elements to carryover. It’s all or nothing.

The carryover process requires an IOI Account and can only be done through a web browser, it’s not possible to do it in-game. We will have the website ready to go before launch, but it is not live yet. Once it is ready, we will share the news via ioi.dk and update this post.

This definitely sounds like the trophies will auto-pop. A lot of the Hitman 1 and 2 trophies are tied to specific challenges/feats in the game, so if those carry over, the conditions for trophy popping would be met as well.

Worst case, you have to re-play the Hitman 1 and 2 levels once each so the game registers that you've already hit level 20 or whatever, that seems fine.

I seem to have somehow deleted my Hitman 2 save file and I’ve never had an IOI account... 

Looks like I’ll be starting from fresh ?

In fact I’ll probably just play the new Hitman 3 missions and not bother with any of the legacy stuff at all now. I didn’t bother replaying Hitman 1 again in Hitman 2 anyway, I was just in it for the new locations.

Edited by Jimmy947
  • Like 1

It would have to have some sort of auto-pop. If it carries over mastery, mastery maxes out. So it’s not like you could earn another level to make it register or anything. I’m getting mine home delivered, so I probably won’t have it release day, so I’m more than happy to let other people find out first haha. I’m definitely not going to import if there’s no auto-pop, cause that would basically lock you out of those trophies, right?

2 minutes ago, Lightning_0608 said:

It would have to have some sort of auto-pop. If it carries over mastery, mastery maxes out. So it’s not like you could earn another level to make it register or anything. I’m getting mine home delivered, so I probably won’t have it release day, so I’m more than happy to let other people find out first haha. I’m definitely not going to import if there’s no auto-pop, cause that would basically lock you out of those trophies, right?

I don't think you'll have the freedom of choice. Hitman's data is server side.

On 1/15/2021 at 5:14 PM, MikeCheck-- said:

Meh, auto-popping never really interested me, don't like duplicate games on my profile. Quality over quantity and since I've just got a PS5, that's what I'll hopefully get the platinum on! 

It wouldn't be duplicate games in the case of Hitman 1 and 2, as they're just dlc in Hitman 3. Unless you're talking about both versions of Hitman 3, in that case, I understand.

I've never played a Hitman game but interested in this one. This whole upgrade business is confusing though... If I buy Hitman 3 and these upgrade passes for 1 and 2 does that mean that I can play the entire campaign of the first two games within Hitman 3 or is it merely importing the levels/scenery of those games into 3 for something else/custom missions or whatever?

13 minutes ago, KKrischanz said:

I've never played a Hitman game but interested in this one. This whole upgrade business is confusing though... If I buy Hitman 3 and these upgrade passes for 1 and 2 does that mean that I can play the entire campaign of the first two games within Hitman 3 or is it merely importing the levels/scenery of those games into 3 for something else/custom missions or whatever?

You get the full campaign for all three games including story cutscenes that connect the levels.

• Like 1