HITMAN 1 & HITMAN 2 mastery level related trophies

UndoKFromHot

No one knows since the game isn't out yet.

But I shall apply logic to this question. The answer is either yes or no, which gives us exactly two scenarios.

A ) Yes. They will pop.

B ) No, they will not pop and anyone who transfers their stats over will not be able to unlock these trophies. This will probably lead into some criticism being raised at this thing and the devs will remedy it in a swift update.

So, I'm going to say yes.

EDIT: I guess there's also the scenario where they won't autopop until you complete a mission, but that's essentially the same as scenario A since if you're at mastery 20 you can probably clear that mission in 5 minutes.

Edited by IDiivil
  • Like 2

They did not autopop the last time and I assume it won't be different. Game developers seem to enjoy wasting our time with these thoughtless trophies. Why would they knowingly put them in again!?! I'm not doing it three times, no way. So there goes Hitman 3 off my PS5 games list. If the footage blew me away I would have considered buying it rather than inevitably watching a livestream. If my assumption is wrong I should give it a go in the future.

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pre-launch-guide/

IO released a pre-launch guide. It looks like you'll only be able to import progress from Hitman 2, not Hitman 1 (though any Hitman 1 progress you made IN Hitman 2 should carry over).

Progress is said to include location Mastery levels and challenge progress. I don't know if that means trophies will auto-pop or if you'll need to do a quick location run to get it to register, but this makes me hopeful that I won't need to spend dozens of hours redoing everything again (and again in the case of the Hitman 1 content).

3 hours ago, IDiivil said:

B ) No, they will not pop and anyone who transfers their stats over will not be able to unlock these trophies. This will probably lead into some criticism being raised at this thing and the devs will remedy it in a swift update.

Imagine this shit happening. I hope they don't screw us like they did the PC bros.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ying-KARINA said:

even most of the lv20 trophies will auto pop, iirc only lv15 are required on some u.s. stages in hitman 2.

it wont be too easy to find that much extra exp to make them lv20. 

How many hours will be saved if I 100% HITMAN 2 before??

Is it worth to 100% HITMAN 2 before playing HITMAN 3??

Hope so!

I still gotta go back and complete the Hitman 1 levels in Hitman 2, so if they auto-pop when you transfer your save into Hitman 3, it'll be totally worth it!

Can't see why not though, you can't unlock those things again, maybe just a playthrough of each level so that you rank up, etc.

9 hours ago, HandsUp1992 said:

They did not autopop the last time and I assume it won't be different. Game developers seem to enjoy wasting our time with these thoughtless trophies. Why would they knowingly put them in again!?! I'm not doing it three times, no way. So there goes Hitman 3 off my PS5 games list. If the footage blew me away I would have considered buying it rather than inevitably watching a livestream. If my assumption is wrong I should give it a go in the future.

There was no dedicated progress transfer last time, mastery levels and unlocks transfer this time. I'm hoping that means autopop but I'd take a playthrough of each level to trigger it. Apart from the bank and whittleton creek levels that is, they bumped the mastery from 15 to 20 on those so they'll need a few more runs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cleggworth said:

There was no dedicated progress transfer last time, mastery levels and unlocks transfer this time. I'm hoping that means autopop but I'd take a playthrough of each level to trigger it. Apart from the bank and whittleton creek levels that is, they bumped the mastery from 15 to 20 on those so they'll need a few more runs.

Good to know. From what I can remember the Whittleton Creek and Bank will be tricky to get from 15 to 20 due to the limited requirements that will be left to get XP. I wouldn't mind doing 5 levels for each of them if that's the case.

Looks like you have to trigger Progress Transfer on a Website . And its a one time only transfer . after that your progress on H2 and H3 will be seperated on server . So as long as there is no confirmation on autopop , i will wait with transfer . Im not done with H2 anyways.

9 hours ago, nmagod said:

Whether they autopop or not I'm going to have fun playing, the real question we're all ignoring is how is there already "recent players" of the game but no trophies gotten?

From review copies I suppose.

6 hours ago, HandsUp1992 said:

Good to know. From what I can remember the Whittleton Creek and Bank will be tricky to get from 15 to 20 due to the limited requirements that will be left to get XP. I wouldn't mind doing 5 levels for each of them if that's the case.

Increasing level requirement means (maybe) that there will be more challanges available.

Edited by gafpiratehook
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, LukaLaurent said:

Hope so!

I still gotta go back and complete the Hitman 1 levels in Hitman 2, so if they auto-pop when you transfer your save into Hitman 3, it'll be totally worth it!

Can't see why not though, you can't unlock those things again, maybe just a playthrough of each level so that you rank up, etc.

Exactly man! I sincerely don't want those trophies to pop up, I'd really enjoy re-doing them

• Like 2

12 hours ago, HandsUp1992 said:

From what I've experienced this isn't gonna be the case. Atleast for Whittleton Creek that is. I currently gonna hit mastery level 15 with around 45 completed challenges out of 142. Which gives me plenty of requirements to hit that upcoming level 20 in H3. I see Haven Island only have 89 challenges tied to it so this is probably going to be tighter, but there should still be room for hitting level 20 with those 89 aswell.

Edited by Fugl7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

PSA:

Just in case anyone is wondering about the transfer - which trophies get unlocked etc.

I have now transferred my account, and loaded up the game. That is all I have done.

I had done almost all challenges on Hitman 2, including all legacy stuff within it.

I have not played a single minute of gameplay in Hitman 3, so you can see from my trophy list what gets unlocked, and what does not.

Main points that were unknown before:

*Almost all legacy trophies have unlocked.

*ICA Freeform Training trophies have not unlocked. Looks like I will be doing all the training again.

*sniper mission challenge trophies have unlocked, but not the silent assassin ones, or the points ones.

* Whittleton Creek Mastery lv20 has unlocked. This is important, as this means it is retroactively applying the additional mastery points for the challenges I had done over and above the previous cap of mastery lv.15.

(I was worried on this one, as if this had not been the case, I may not have had enough left to do to get the additional levels!)

This is also the case The Bank, which was also capped ad lv15 IIRC.

*As far as I can tell, all suits have transferred across.(Agent 47 still has a bigger wardrobe than I do!)

*All weapons / items have transferred, except the cheaters-phone, which they have wisely got rid of.

* My overall level (636) and emblem have transferred and are shown correctly

Anything else, I have not checked, but seems the transfer process is working now, and working fine, trophy wise.

Thanks for the info!

Here's a thought. What if you haven't finished all Hitman 2 DLCs yet and do the data transfer on Hitman 3 now? Obviously what you have already done autopops and gets carried over. But let's say you finish another Hitman 2 DLC after having done the Hitman 3 data transfer. Will the newly finished Hitman 2 DLC also get carried over and autopop the next time you boot up Hitman 3?

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Here's a thought. What if you haven't finished all Hitman 2 DLCs yet and do the data transfer on Hitman 3 now? Obviously what you have already done autopops and gets carried over. But let's say you finish another Hitman 2 DLC after having done the Hitman 3 data transfer. Will the newly finished Hitman 2 DLC also get carried over and autopop the next time you boot up Hitman 3?

no - they’ve stated that it is a one time sync, and any future progress in H2 will not carry across, nor will it work back the opposite way, if you do the H2 dlcs in H3, then go back to H2.

Best to finish up H2 before doing transfer if that is a concern

• Like 1

On 21.01.2021 at 11:12 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

PSA:

Just in case anyone is wondering about the transfer - which trophies get unlocked etc.

I have now transferred my account, and loaded up the game. That is all I have done.

I had done almost all challenges on Hitman 2, including all legacy stuff within it.

I have not played a single minute of gameplay in Hitman 3, so you can see from my trophy list what gets unlocked, and what does not.

Main points that were unknown before:

*Almost all legacy trophies have unlocked.

*ICA Freeform Training trophies have not unlocked. Looks like I will be doing all the training again.

*sniper mission challenge trophies have unlocked, but not the silent assassin ones, or the points ones.

* Whittleton Creek Mastery lv20 has unlocked. This is important, as this means it is retroactively applying the additional mastery points for the challenges I had done over and above the previous cap of mastery lv.15.

(I was worried on this one, as if this had not been the case, I may not have had enough left to do to get the additional levels!)

This is also the case The Bank, which was also capped ad lv15 IIRC.

*As far as I can tell, all suits have transferred across.(Agent 47 still has a bigger wardrobe than I do!)

*All weapons / items have transferred, except the cheaters-phone, which they have wisely got rid of.

* My overall level (636) and emblem have transferred and are shown correctly

Anything else, I have not checked, but seems the transfer process is working now, and working fine, trophy wise.

Please confirm that mastery and xp for ICA Facility Training Mission and All Sniper Assassin Missions are not carried over.

Here is the thing. I’m about to do the transferring and take a look what it offers me.060-A36-A8-AC31-4125-AAD0-368949960872.jI’m hesitating to proceed further, wondering if it’s ok. I’ve got 98% in ICA and 100% in all sniping mission.