ISeeWutUDidThere

For Being a Common, I Had So Much Trouble

11 posts in this topic

I must say, I struggled with this platinum¬†ūüė©
I followed a guide from ps3imports and it was well put together and all, but I struggled with figuring out how the routes worked till I had a brainstorming moment and got all but one of the endings done in one sitting. I couldn't for the live of me figure out how to not turn off the phone or how to access a scene at 12/15 that the game was auto skipping that I had to open the phone and look at the app for it to advance the story to the last ending.

I've done many visual novels before this title and a few that were much more complex and truly confusing and I feel like I let myself down on this one. The platinum is common and I somehow struggled to get anywhere till I found a comment on another forum explaining what the requirements were for each ending.

Just felt like ranting a little bit.

26 minutes ago, ISeeWutUDidThere said:

I must say, I struggled with this platinum 1f629.png
I followed a guide from ps3imports and it was well put together and all, but I struggled with figuring out how the routes worked till I had a brainstorming moment and got all but one of the endings done in one sitting. I couldn't for the live of me figure out how to not turn off the phone or how to access a scene at 12/15 that the game was auto skipping that I had to open the phone and look at the app for it to advance the story to the last ending.

I've done many visual novels before this title and a few that were much more complex and truly confusing and I feel like I let myself down on this one. The platinum is common and I somehow struggled to get anywhere till I found a comment on another forum explaining what the requirements were for each ending.

Just felt like ranting a little bit.

as long as you enjoyed the game, which is great, it's all good

Just now, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

as long as you enjoyed the game, which is great, it's all good

wait, you did play the original I assume?

For anyone who saw this thread and is wondering if the platinum is really in any way difficult: it's not. The OP auto-skipped through the game which is easy to verify by checking their trophy timestamps, and most likely didn't even bother to check the controls. Steins;Gate 0 has a fantastic story (playing through it right now) and deserves your attention. Not reading the story to get a quick platinum will rob you of a great experience.

I found this game really easy, although skipping can mess it up if you accidentally miss phone messages for not paying attention. I played this, linear bounded phenogram and the original and found them quite interesting, it's not worth skipping imo. 

I'm sorry but playing stein's gate and skipping everything just to get the platinum should be considered a crime.

Personally, I do both... skip through for the trophies first, then read through and enjoy the story at a leisurely pace 

On 16.01.2021 at 3:58 AM, ISeeWutUDidThere said:

I must say, I struggled with this platinum 1f629.png
I followed a guide from ps3imports ...(cut)...

You could always contact the author ;).

On 29/1/2021 at 4:58 PM, damage_6-9 said:

Personally, I do both... skip through for the trophies first, then read through and enjoy the story at a leisurely pace 

Isn't it a bit risky to play for the trophies first? I mean, don't you spoil parts of the plot doing that?

It saddens me that anyone would skip forward through this game ... I mean, it's literally about skipping back through time. Each to their own, I guess.