How to remove a disc from newest PS3 model...

Dreakon139

Hi guys, maybe it's a dumb question.  I got the GTA V bundle for my new PS3 and it's some new top-loading model.  Never seen it before.

Loading it is simple enough, but taking the disc out seems like a pain unless I'm missing something.  The one side is open so I can use that to kinda pop the disc off the spool, but the disc is completely surrounded on all other sides so theres no where to actually grip it.  Anyone understand what I mean?  Maybe I'm just weird because I always grab my discs from the side (was always taught to never touch the middle).  Should I use my thumb on one side and use another finger to grip in the middle, and lift?

Lol, anyways... random thought.  Appreciate any advice!

Edited by Dreakon139

hey mate! Your question put some jolt early this morning.  :lol: 

I'm using the exact model now. After my tough reliable fat version died on me last Nov. Anyway that's besides the point.  :lol: 

What I normally do is I grab it on the side with my thumb and guide the Center/Middle with my point finger. And pressure to lift

would be coming from my thumb. Hope you catch my drift there and assist your query  :) 

I suppose who haven't been gaming since PS1/PSX days, aren't you.? As the same concept applies.

And don't worry BLU-RAY disc are a tough crack unless you purposely rub a steel brush or rub on rough walls then your disc would be just fine

by holding on both side and middle  ;) 

Cheers! :highfive: 

• Like 1

disc these days are bluray, not just how much data it can hold but its a lot stronger that the typical cd we are use to in the PS1 2 days... chance are you wont scratch the disc unless you really mean to do it. just pluck it out, of course if your fingers are huge... it might be a issue..

Mine is on a stand and i tilt it on an angle and remove the disc that way. I recommend the stand for the new slim. The sliding drawer that covers the disc doesn't snap open as much compared to when it's not on the stand. Always made me nervous :S

• Like 1

The sliding drawer that covers the disc doesn't snap open as much compared to when it's not on the stand. Always made me nervous :S

Me too! To make matters worse, my sister was just manually sliding the tray open with her hand, not even using the button. Just seems a bit rickety.