Why this game has less trophies compare to steam version achivements?

OnuR10Ly

When this game launched back then it wasn't on ps4 and i bought the base game on steam I remember doing some weird stuff for achivements in that game like diving to a well in geothermal valley and i think there was an achivement for extreme survivor difficulty as well. Then i checked and there are 143 achivements on steam and 125 trophies on ps4 version. Well 125 trophies is already a long grind for 100% but i wonder why they chopped those 18 trophies/achivements?

As far as I know there is a limit on PS4 how many trophies a game can have. In some instances there was a separate trophy pack released with additional trophies like the following.

Dead by Daylight • Additional Chapters Trophies • PSNProfiles.com

It seems the number of trophies a game can have has been increased on PS5.

All of the trophies are in one list and it was no need for the additional chapters list.

Dead by Daylight Trophies • PSNProfiles.com

To answer your question maybe the developers of Rise of the Tomb Raider didn't want to add those additional trophies on the ps4 version in a separate list like Dead by Daylight has.

Edited by snakebit10

You haven't seen Payday 2 then. 111 trophies on PlayStation and a whopping 1222 on Steam.

But yeah, there used to be a limit of 125 trophies, at which point the devs would have to release another list (such as with Dead by Daylight) to put the rest in. The limit was increased on PS5, but to which extent we don't know yet.

20 minutes ago, BRKs_Eagle said:

You haven't seen Payday 2 then. 111 trophies on PlayStation and a whopping 1222 on Steam.

But yeah, there used to be a limit of 125 trophies, at which point the devs would have to release another list (such as with Dead by Daylight) to put the rest in. The limit was increased on PS5, but to which extent we don't know yet.

I'd be curious what the new limit is on PS5. Haven't seen no official word yet.