Does this game have a free PS5 upgrade?

I believe the answer is yes for digital. The cheapest version on the PS site is 49.99USD and is titled "Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood Pre-Order PS4 and PS5". (If you have PS+, for a few bucks more you can get the "Champion of Gaia Edition" which comes with a few extra pieces of DLC.)

As for the physical version Amazon makes no mention of any upgrade but on the Best Buy website they list both consoles as "PlayStation 4 / PlayStation 5" and "Xbox Series X / Xbox One" but that could just be because the new consoles are BC with the old versions.

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

Does buying this game on PS4 give you a free upgrade for PS5?

According to this website, "Players who expect to play it on both last-gen and current-gen platforms may want to consider pre-ordering the game, as it guarantees you digital copies of both versions for PlayStation 4 and 5 or Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. Currently, the free next-gen upgrade path is a pre-order exclusive."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
13 minutes ago, Kolm said:

Do you have any source for this because I can't find anything about it online :( 

If I remember correctly if you pre-ordered the digital version before the release of the game you could get both versions. After that you had to pay full price. I rented the game last year and it didn’t offer a free upgrade and nor does the PS4 digital now. The game was ok but not $80 ok for two copies.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ArabianSwordsman said:

If I remember correctly if you pre-ordered the digital version before the release of the game you could get both versions. After that you had to pay full price. I rented the game last year and it didn’t offer a free upgrade and nor does the PS4 digital now. The game was ok but not $80 ok for two copies.

Thanks for explaining!

The game is on sale here now: 27 euro for the physical version. Digital it's in sale for 20 euro I just noticed but indeed... no cross-buy option for the digital version.

Still doubting about it now :)