Weird license renewal for a never downloaded game

walafc0

I bought Metal Gear Solid 4 a year ago and I've never downloaded the game. Today, I've installed the game via XMB, not the PS Store (this may be important). The game was in the library, I just pressed :triangle: then "Install". It took around 1 hour to download 27GB. When trying to launch the game, a message appeared: "Please connect to the Playstation Store to renew the license". Alright, why not. There was an "Ok" button, which lead me to the connection menu, then a loading screen and a new message: "This content cannot be selected at the moment". Hum, that's weird but ok, I'm gonna renew the license from the store directly. In the store, I've found my game, then I've select download, and... the download has restarted from the beginning with a huuuuuuge overhead in terms in network speed. Right now, it shows 310 minutes remaining.

I have two questions after this:

1) am I the only one who has experienced this ?
2) if no, then someone could tell me what will happen in the XMB menu ? There will be 2 games, one activated and another one going to the trash ?

3) optional: why such a delay to download the game ?

Thanks.

PS: My PS3 was turned off for several month, I had to do a system update before what's described above.