Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Sounds like they've made some real improvements to ME1, described as closer to a remake than a remaster below

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2021-02-02-mass-effect-returns-bioware-talks-trilogy-tweaks-and-franchise-revival

This is what I was hoping for, a rework to bring it more in line with 2 and 3. Now if they can tweak the trophy list for 1 as well and take out the need for so many looong playthroughs.... ?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cleggworth said:

Sounds like they've made some real improvements to ME1, described as closer to a remake than a remaster below

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2021-02-02-mass-effect-returns-bioware-talks-trilogy-tweaks-and-franchise-revival

This is what I was hoping for, a rework to bring it more in line with 2 and 3. Now if they can tweak the trophy list for 1 as well and take out the need for so many looong playthroughs.... ?

That is the main reason I never touched the first game. I am not a fan of having to do multiple play throughs. I did do 2 in Mass Effect 2 and that is a stretch for me. Only 1 play through for 3 and never went back to do a second for the plat. Maybe this time I will platinum the whole series.

• Like 2

The Mass Effect 3 multiplayer is the hidden gem of the community. Being able to experience combat as an Asari, a Drell, a Turian, and more was thrilling and the mode quickly developed a very dedicated player base despite initial concerns. So why didn't BioWare bring it back for the Mass Effect Legendary Edition? We sat down with the team to find out why this addition was deemed "too complicated" during the remaster's development period. 

When speaking with Kevin Meek, environment and character director, and project director Mac Walters, the topic of multiplayer came up and why the studio decided to nix its inclusion. When speaking with , he compared multiplayer to restoring a Porsche, and the analogy actually worked. 

https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/02/02/bioware-explains-why-it-didnt-bring-back-mass-effect-3-multiplayer-in-legendary-edition

The multiplayer to me always felt tacked-on as just a means to sell MTX in what should have been a singleplayer only game, but more power to those who enjoyed it and lament its omission here, as for me I'm delighted it is gone.

• Like 1

I can’t even begin to understand the utter absurdity of the Legendary Cache not including the game. Sure some people might want it just for the collectibles but surely most people will want the Cache and the game so why not have 2 versions; one with the game and one without it. Red Dead Redemption 2 did the exact same thing. Of course by the time I realised the Collectors Edition set or whatever it was called didn't come with the game I had already pre-ordered it and promptly cancelled it. I was going to get the Legendary Cache but without the game included I won’t bother.

Well from the screenshots it looks impressive! But as much as I am looking forward to replaying the trilogy I can't help but think that EA are gonna screw this up somehow, I'm hoping they don't and that these will be great remasters for the games but if they do...well I wouldn't be surprised.

Edited by Cal

1 hour ago, FilmFanatic said:

I can’t even begin to understand the utter absurdity of the Legendary Cache not including the game. Sure some people might want it just for the collectibles but surely most people will want the Cache and the game so why not have 2 versions; one with the game and one without it.

For EA it's just easier inventory management. Instead of having to produce three versions for PC, Xbox and PS, selling them for ~210$ and juggling how much to produce of each version in advance and risking to have leftovers on the hands, they just sell the goods separately and let you buy the game on whichever plateforme of your choice. You can even have the goods and the digital version of you prefer.

But I agree, it kinda takes the excitement out of a collector's edition to have to buy it separately like this.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tetho_mig said:

For EA it's just easier inventory management. Instead of having to produce three versions for PC, Xbox and PS, selling them for ~210$ and juggling how much to produce of each version in advance and risking to have leftovers on the hands, they just sell the goods separately and let you buy the game on whichever plateforme of your choice. You can even have the goods and the digital version of you prefer.

But I agree, it kinda takes the excitement out of a collector's edition to have to buy it separately like this.

That's... actually a good reason. I wouldn't necessarily like it, but I don't buy the expensive collector's edition of things myself. 

14 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

P5Af9yq.png

F1mcV89.png

DgY0w43.png

rvzpcEo.png

RkYfz6D.jpg

lol the bottom image on the final pic is the Legendary Edition so for a quick second I thought the bottom car pic(mako?)was the Legendary Edition , was thinking yikes... that looks bad, 

still, I'm excited. It's gonna be hard to finish all 3 in a week though... ill have a busy gaming schedule...

April 24:Nier (insert stupid long number here)

April 30: Returnal

May 7 RE8

May 14 ME:LE

May 21: Deathloop (may not buy)

May 25: Biomutant 

6 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

lol the bottom image on the final pic is the Legendary Edition so for a quick second I thought the bottom car pic(mako?)was the Legendary Edition , was thinking yikes... that looks bad, 

still, I'm excited. It's gonna be hard to finish all 3 in a week though... ill have a busy gaming schedule...

April 24:Nier (insert stupid long number here)

April 30: Returnal

May 7 RE8

May 14 ME:LE

May 21: Deathloop (may not buy)

May 25: Biomutant 

While I do think that the original sky at Eden Prime was better, overall it looks fucking awesome! 

• Like 2