Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Less than 2 weeks to release and we still have no concrete news on how the trophy list will look like? I don't think PowerPyx, PS3Trophies or any other Big Trophy hunter has been given the game yet.

Secondly, Mark Meer has reshared Fem Shep aka Jennifer Hale's post on " An Announcement Regarding The legendary Edition" from 6 days ago. I wonder what that will be? Is it a delay? Or what could it be fellow Commanders?

On 1/18/2021 at 0:53 AM, ARIXANDRE said:

This is, honestly, the ONLY game I'm hyped for in 2021.

You'd be hyped for more if you had a PS5, lol.

2 hours ago, communistwookiee said:

Game went gold weeks ago. I wouldn't worry about anything.

Cyberpunk 2077 got a delay despite going gold. I know that it's a special case, and we are very well aware of why it received such a delay after going gold, but it's still worthy of note.

I preordered the game from EB Games. They have a free poster as a preorder bonus. Plus, Canada isn't offering the steelbook for free (or at all), so it's the only option I had. Amazon can suck a fat one. Friday game releases for them... may as well just wait for Monday instead of a timely arrival.

2 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Cyberpunk 2077 got a delay despite going gold. I know that it's a special case, and we are very well aware of why it received such a delay after going gold, but it's still worthy of note.

Cyberpunk was such a notable shitshow that I didn't think I needed to mention it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gildo1993 said:

Still no word on trophy list?

Expect the worst so you won't be too disappointed. I'd like three too but, given that there are trophies that are counted across all three, it's unlikely there will be more than one. Unless there are four.

Hopefully I'm wrong. We will find out when the trophy lists are added!

On 04/02/2021 at 10:03 AM, LoveInHell said:

I tried playing Mass Effect 1 on the PS3 and I’m sorry lol I didn’t like it. It wasn’t boring but it wasn’t fun either. I was excited to try it out because so many people are in love with Mass Effect but yeah I just don’t see it. I played until the part of that underground base/camp where I had to shoot robots in halls and going up the stairs etc. I was pretty much at the beginning of the game, only have 3 trophies for it.

I completely agree. I hated ME1 and DA Origins. Their first games looked, even back when they first released, aged, lifeless and dull. They played awfully, with bad controls and finicky graphics. Their one redeeming advantage was setting the stage for an oncoming trilogy of stories.

In my mind, each franchise got better with each game.

Edited by GarryKE
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, GarryKE said:

Expect the worst so you won't be too disappointed. I'd like three too but, given that there are trophies that are counted across all three, it's unlikely there will be more than one. Unless there are four.

Hopefully I'm wrong. We will find out when the trophy lists are added!

I completely agree. I hated ME1 and DA Origins. Their first games looked, even back when they first released, aged, lifeless and dull. They played awfully, with bad controls and finicky graphics. Their one redeeming advantage was setting the stage for an oncoming trilogy of stories.

In my mind, each franchise got better with each game.

I really enjoyed Me1 though I wanted Shepard dead as well as the special needs pilot. It is a fantastic game for it's time, it's time is not really now though. I think fans of 2 and 3 will be delighted. Me1 for me had a real star warsy rpg feel and I loved it, unfortunately 2 and 3 just didn't have the same impact on me. 

Edited by Z1MZUM

2 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

I really enjoyed Me1 though I wanted Shepard dead as well as the special needs pilot. It is a fantastic game for it's time, it's time is not really now though. I think fans of 2 and 3 will be delighted. Me1 for me had a real star warsy rpg feel and I loved it, unfortunately 2 and 3 just didn't have the same impact on me. 

Hi there.

That's fair enough. I guess - especially in the nostalgia case like DAO - the originals had more impact for some people. IIRC stories like that hadn't been done since Baldur's Gate (and even then, not as impactful).

I done a bad thing with the ME trilogy. After wanting to understand hype around the games my first one was 3. But that's my favourite by far. The endings depressed me but they were amazing.

What do you mean by "its time is not now"? I wasn't sure.

Edited by GarryKE

41 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect/mass-effect-legendary-edition/performance-details

Looks like only Xbox Series X is getting 120 fps support (1440p). A little disappointing, but 60 fps is generally the sweet spot for me anyway.

Longstanding tradition of PlayStation ports of BioWare games being the worst version, I see. I don't really care for 120fps yet (my TV can't do it on anything over 1080p) but it still sucks to see that there will be a demonstrably worse version.

• Like 1

1 week to play as myself. 

Ive never been hyped for a remaster/remale as much as this. (Maybe smt: Nocturne) 

My citadel is ready. Gonna just blow through them all once doing all the side stuff. Then return to each one, in order, to get the trophies i missed. 

Come on give us 1 list per game. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TalalHmd said:

The trophy lists will probably be the same as the ps3 version with very minor changes, if any. the same as Burnout Paradise and NFS Hot Pursuit

Nope. The multiplayer mode of ME3 isn't getting included, so those trophies have to be removed, on top of that the developers have said they're combining a bunch of trophies (e.g. kill [x] enemies) and removing redundant ones.

1 hour ago, TalalHmd said:

The trophy lists will probably be the same as the ps3 version with very minor changes, if any. the same as Burnout Paradise and NFS Hot Pursuit

Trophy list is expected to be an all-in-one trophy list, as in all three games sharing one trophy list; and one platinum. Still isn't confirmed just yet, but I would expect that and if they end up doing three trophy lists, then you can be pleasantly surprised.

Expectations should be low though.

I'm looking forward to going back to one of my favourite series ever. Going through Mass Effect 2 for the Arrival clear on PS3 a few months ago was... painful. Very painful. It really hasn't aged well.

14 hours ago, ShadowReplicant said:

https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect/mass-effect-legendary-edition/performance-details

Looks like only Xbox Series X is getting 120 fps support (1440p). A little disappointing, but 60 fps is generally the sweet spot for me anyway.

There aren't many TVs that currently support 120fps. While that will change in the not-so-distant future, honestly the difference from 60fps to 120fps is not as pronounced as the jump from 30 to 60.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

Awful stuff to say

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darling Baphomet said:

The multiplayer mode of ME3 isn't getting included, so those trophies have to be removed... 

Aside from the MP mode, the other thing I loved from ME3 was its trophy list. 

No trophy needs to be removed, there were 2 different requirements for a single "multiplayer" trophy: The online way and the offline way. Check it's trophy list for more on that.

It's an amazing feature. The ps3 version will still be platinumable even after the servers shutdown.

Sure, trophy changes have been confirmed, but technically, you could import the same ps3 trophy list and it would still be fully achievable even with the mp discarded. 

Edit: Just checked the trophy guide, there's a trophy that requires connection to EA, called "Defender", it doesn't require playing mp at all, but I'm not sure if something like that can be shut down. 

Edited by BlitzkriegHottie
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, GarryKE said:

Hi there.

That's fair enough. I guess - especially in the nostalgia case like DAO - the originals had more impact for some people. IIRC stories like that hadn't been done since Baldur's Gate (and even then, not as impactful).

I done a bad thing with the ME trilogy. After wanting to understand hype around the games my first one was 3. But that's my favourite by far. The endings depressed me but they were amazing.

What do you mean by "its time is not now"? I wasn't sure.

Well I mean that ME1 shows it's age in mechanics? I love the game but it's pure nostalgia at this point. I understand it's popularity, I'm just from the whining group that missed the rpg elements in the follow up games. In any case I just played through ME1 again on the Series X, the appeal is still there.

DAO is a great game and I loved inquisition, That second one though, what a bizarre game.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Valyrious said:

There aren't many TVs that currently support 120fps. While that will change in the not-so-distant future, honestly the difference from 60fps to 120fps is not as pronounced as the jump from 30 to 60.

That shouldn't be an excuse in 2021. But I do agree that the difference between 60 and 120 is pretty negligible, at least to me. I played some Nioh 2 in 1080p@120 and decided to go with 4K@60 in the end, because the higher framerate just isn't worth the loss in resolution.