Hard time with the glitched death of an NPC

FulgidoLucio

SPOILER ALERT

The End(s) is the only trophy I still have to obtain.
I watched all the three endings while Mary is dead (including the entire end credits). So I started a new walkthrough, planning to keep Mary alive. I told her to not quit her job at the gym, I told Sonia about the relationship between Joe and Mary, I played all the chapters after that and then Mary still gets killed by Randall. Is this a glitch, right? I can I avoid it?

I restarted new and I hope this will do. I couldn't order the cheeseburger at the first chat with Mary because I didn't talk to the hobo yet. This game's mechanics are so odd that it might be because of that.

Did anyone experience it?

Edited by FulgidoLucio

Okay, I finally platted this game and I volunteer to help anyone who is in need. I only played the game with the 1.05 patch, though.
In every trophy guide (literally both of them LOL), Mary is present in the ending(s) only if you tell her to not quit her job at the gym (chapter 6) AND you reveal her relationship with Joe to Sonia (right after meeting Smirnov at the diner). The guide made me think that, if you tell Sonia, Mary wouldn't die, but it's not true. Mary survives and is present in the ending only if you tell to avoid the gym, which is quite obvious. Thanks to HectorGurru and Rankidd for the tip.

Edited by FulgidoLucio