How do you get Blinky Approved trophy?

AlbirdVampPrince

I tried doing one mutator at time = nothing

I (hopefully) used all mutator on customize = nothing

For those who unlock this trophy, what exactly are you suppose to do? 

Edit: Never mind I got the trophy. I have to delete my save file and try to go for it on one sitting. Buggy save file.

Edited by AlbirdVampPrince
Trophy pop

• 2 weeks later...

So what exactly did you do to get the trophy? Tried all the mutators, no trophy. Tried all the customize options no trophy. Deleted my save, and did both again, still no trophy. Tried it in elimination, kart racing, and 15 second dash. Did notice that i have never actually seen spikes before. When ever spikes are turned on, it has those poles sticking out of the ground. Just like the option next to the spikes. Elaboration would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by dead_body_eater
misspelling

• 1 month later...
On 28/1/2021 at 0:46 AM, timpurnat said:

I got it by changing the mutators in the menu before the game starts, not in the customization menu. Deleting the save might help as well, since trophies get buggy if you quit the game often.

somebody can help me with this trophy?

CTR Rules Be selected for the podium after a match ends in a tie.

I don't understand what exactly do.. i ve tried a lot of combination but nothing..

• 4 months later...

I'm missing Blinky Approved and Thorough, and I'm kind of running out of ideas. I've tried using every mutator individually, finishing a match, then changing, but the game crashed about 2/3 through the list so I don't even know which, if any, even got registered. As for Thorough, does anyone know if the trophy pops in the Customize menu or you have to actually start/finish a round? Any time I go deep into customizing, the game will soft-lock trying to load the stage.

On 3/26/2021 at 1:43 PM, deki-1986 said:

somebody can help me with this trophy?

CTR Rules Be selected for the podium after a match ends in a tie.

I don't understand what exactly do.. i ve tried a lot of combination but nothing..

I got this the other day by setting up a three-player battle (you can use two controllers with Buddy mode), with no AI players.

Health - Low Health

Customize

Rules and Scoring:

Scoring - Winner Takes All

Match Rules >  Customize >

Round Limit - 3 Rounds

Match Ends - Even If Tied

Let all three players win one round. This will end in a 3-way tie. Keep trying until the profile you want wins the match. It's luck-based.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 2/1/2021 at 3:47 PM, Ronikastoun said:

Hey guys 

can someone please let me know what i need to exactly get the Thorough trophy ?

been at it for days and no luck

Here's how i get it yesterday after days of trying:

-changed everything in the menu where you enter on that wrench (don't know how to explain)

-wherever you see slider options (L2 button) change that too (any value)

-per player customization (R3 button). also change that for each player.

-if you see slider and per players, you have to change that too. you set one slider and assign three per players options.

-after you change every customization, press start and start round. the trophy should pop-up after 15 seconds or after the round ends.

it should look like this https://ibb.co/Lkwy6PQ

Edited by adm1r86

On 2022-01-31 at 5:21 AM, adm1r86 said:

Here's how i get it yesterday after days of trying:

-changed everything in the menu where you enter on that wrench (don't know how to explain)

-wherever you see slider options (L2 button) change that too (any value)

-per player customization (R3 button). also change that for each player.

-if you see slider and per players, you have to change that too. you set one slider and assign three per players options.

-after you change every customization, press start and start round. the trophy should pop-up after 15 seconds or after the round ends.

it should look like this https://ibb.co/Lkwy6PQ

Going to try this later on and see if it works for me on a ps4 pro. Had no luck after 2 days of trying and every time I got close I had to reset. 
What system are you on and did you switch everything all for one go? or did so many and then switched it up?

15 hours ago, ZackisNb1 said:

Going to try this later on and see if it works for me on a ps4 pro. Had no luck after 2 days of trying and every time I got close I had to reset. 
What system are you on and did you switch everything all for one go? or did so many and then switched it up?

I did it on ps4 and i changed it all in one go. Like the trophy name suggests, you need to be Thorough. Be sure not to skip anything. For example:

go to health - click on the wrench - click on anything - if you see slider and per players option, then you need to set it up to look like in the the picture I posted above - if there isn't options for slider and per player then just click on anything and if you see only per player option change it for all players.

if you don't get it add me on ps and i'll guide you through it all. i know my explanation is confusing, but customization in this game is complicated at first look :)

On 2022-02-06 at 3:40 AM, adm1r86 said:

I did it on ps4 and i changed it all in one go. Like the trophy name suggests, you need to be Thorough. Be sure not to skip anything. For example:

go to health - click on the wrench - click on anything - if you see slider and per players option, then you need to set it up to look like in the the picture I posted above - if there isn't options for slider and per player then just click on anything and if you see only per player option change it for all players.

if you don't get it add me on ps and i'll guide you through it all. i know my explanation is confusing, but customization in this game is complicated at first look :)

I'll give it a go today and follow what you've been doing. If this works this would save me form thinking this game was cursed for me or something. Thanks! 

• 1 month later...

I thought my problem with Blinky approved was that the game kept crashing. But that wasn’t the real issue. My problem was the mutator Real Friends Only didn’t register until I actually played with another real friend. I kept trying that one solo and I think it wasn’t  counting. 

finally got the dang platinum!

• 4 weeks later...

Regarding the Thorough trophy for those that may go for it in the future, based on my experience:

• Used a fresh save file (remember that 1 round needs to be cleared in Quick Games to allow the Game Modes option to open up)
  • I opened the customization menu at the earliest possible point, which is in the Race Type Select menu. The option to open the customization menu is not there, but still works
  • I didn't have to change any "per-player settings"
  • I didn't have to use the Slider function in any way
  • Instead of hitting square to open the wrench/deep customization menu, I manually hit the icon each time
  • The trophy wouldn't pop after changing every possible thing, but I turned on AI opponents (the default option is on so I thought it made sense to turn them off), and the trophy popped at 1st round end

More than likely you don't have to use a fresh save or open the customization menu that early, but it took a few days to get this trophy to pop and my money is probably on the AI thing that's been screwing with me this entire time :spank:

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-04-17 at 4:25 PM, Sebastian said:

Regarding the Thorough trophy for those that may go for it in the future, based on my experience:

• Used a fresh save file (remember that 1 round needs to be cleared in Quick Games to allow the Game Modes option to open up)
  • I opened the customization menu at the earliest possible point, which is in the Race Type Select menu. The option to open the customization menu is not there, but still works
  • I didn't have to change any "per-player settings"
  • I didn't have to use the Slider function in any way
  • Instead of hitting square to open the wrench/deep customization menu, I manually hit the icon each time
  • The trophy wouldn't pop after changing every possible thing, but I turned on AI opponents (the default option is on so I thought it made sense to turn them off), and the trophy popped at 1st round end

More than likely you don't have to use a fresh save or open the customization menu that early, but it took a few days to get this trophy to pop and my money is probably on the AI thing that's been screwing with me this entire time :spank:

I tried everything you've said with 0 luck of getting the trophy, I also did the above suggestion and no luck as well. I'm not sure what's blocking me from getting it but I am for sure changing everything and making sure I do.