Trumpet_Boi_208

How is that a gold trophy?!

16 posts in this topic

Hey y’all. We have all seen bronze trophies that should be a gold trophy, but let’s mix it up. Were there any gold trophies where their value far exceeded the time/dedication required? As long as it’s a game with a decently balanced list, is not intentionally easy, like My Name is Mayo, and is not made easy because of an exploit, then it’s all fair game here. I’ll list a couple examples here.

Cartographer (Littlebigplanet 3) - To earn this trophy, all you need to do is go to your create moon in your pod, and create an Adventure Map. You basically go to your moon, hover to a pentagon spot, and press X. Very hard, yes.

Recruitment Drive (Worms W.M.D.) - All you need to do here is complete the first training mission, where you’re taught basic movement. A bit weird, considering that there’s a bronze trophy for completing all 90 optional tasks in the campaign mode.

Anyone else find any oddly easy gold trophies during their time of gaming/trophy hunting?

The strangest gold I've ever seen in an actually difficult game is:

Furi - There Is Kindness in You (4.93%)

It's somewhat of a joke ending and one can get it on the easiest difficulty as well I believe. Only the first 5 bosses have to be beaten which are arguably on the easier side. This ending isn't even counted for the S and A ranking trophies on Furi and Furier. It's even more baffling that it's an UR, albeit only marginally (yes, I know it was given away on PS+ at one point). Also, comparing it to the other gold trophies makes me more confused.

-2 for the other two endings which require defeating all 9 bosses and one ending needing a 10th boss beaten.

-2 more for getting S ranks in story mode, one for Furi and one for Furier difficulty.

I just feel like that gold should've been traded with any of the following silvers (which all have lower rarities):

-Furier than Ever - Complete the game in Furier difficulty (1.96%)

-Untouchable - Beat a guardian without taking any hits (2.74%)

-Faster than B - Beat... speedrun time: 1:29:56 (2.70%)

As someone who's been cleaning up Worms WMD trophies as recently as earlier today I 100% agree. Recruitment Drive is possibly the easiest gold trophy I've ever received (and some of the bronze are actually difficult) but I'll list some other one for you:

No Holds Barred (Crash Bandicoot remake) - I don't deserve a gold trophy in this game, I'm absolute shit at platformers. You unlock a character named Coco about halfway through the first world and then kill 5 enemies with her spin move.

The Streak (Rocket League) - Win 10 games in a row in any mode. Even new players could easily achieve this in under 10-15 minutes with proper guidance. If done totally naturally, it might take an hour but shouldn't cause anyone frustration.

Other than that I could probably mention plenty of golds that could've been silvers, silvers that could've been bronzes but it is what it is. We don't make the lists, we just hunt them right?

Need for speed rivals: upgrade master, upgrade every item of pursuit tech on a vehicle

if you have gotten a good way through the game this may seem quite difficult as there are multiple levels to each piece of pursuit tech however the first car they give you only has 4 different types and all max out at level 1 so you can easily get this 5 mins into the game 

MW 2019 - taking down a helicopter with a molotov which you can do within the first mission with ease. never understood how it gives you a gold trophy for that but you know what, i'm not complaining 

FIFA 20- Win the champions league

You can just play the final from kick off and with 2 controllers. Even if you don't have 2 controllers you can do it on the easiest setting

The vast majority of "EZPZ Ratalaika Games" trophy lists are basically 8 - 11 gold trophies with maybe one or two silvers. None of those are deserving of that many gold trophies, and it's sad to see people pile up a good number of gold trophies that didn't require any real effort to obtain.

Of course there were games like Terminator Salvation in the early days of trophy hunting that rewarded nothing but gold trophies, but those were few and far between. But the system has no standards at all now. You get shit Ratalaika games with a bunch of gold trophies, meanwhile you get DLC in the form of New Game Plus in games like Days Gone, Marvel's Spider-Man and the such that only reward a fucking bronze for completing another playthrough. Just ridiculous.

Time and Eternity - Overwhelming Victory

This one is for winning 20 battles in a row without taking damage.  If you take the time to run around the very first area enough to get 20 encounters this is a very easy trophy because you get one monster per encounter and it's actually possible to beat the monsters before they even get a hit in.  If not, they are slow and easy to dodge. 

Anything from NieR: Automata.

Probably disqualified because it takes so long to get to, but the option of buying the two golds (and any others) from the "secret" trophy shop was simultaneously exhilarating and disappointing.

14 hours ago, Spaz said:

it's sad to see people pile up a good number of gold 

I’m sorry this brings you sadness.

Because man, it brings me joy!

#RataForLife

Life is Strange has a lot of participation trophies that are gold. The one you get for completing the prologue is just that.

Focusing more on 'quantity' than 'quality', two games in my list most relevant here are NCIS and Megamind - between them, there are 12 such gold trophies that at least 80% of users have earned, mainly from completing fairly short levels of the story 🙃

A fair number of "walking simulators" do this, and the best example I can think of is Virginia. Since I positively adore that game, I'll let it slide. 😉

All the gold trophies in easy games like life is strange games, detroit become human, beyond two souls until dawn and all visual novels. These games require minimal or no effort to get any of the trophies. They just need patience with the playthroughs for things like all endings

FF8- Getting all the timber maniacs, this is dead easy compared to beating omega weapon without boosters

Game clear trophies that are gold are easy, like Tales of Xillia, FF8, Tales of hearts r, Nier Automata etc. These games are easy and can be cleared by anyone.