Test of the Ring trophy

Hey guys, having a bit of troble getting this, seems to be easy for everyone else but it's proving harder that Test of the Wild was for me (goes to show how much focus was carrying me).

I can't get a graug or a beast hunting mission to spawn until I'm halfway through killing the captains. I'm at 8/12 captains (three remaining so need a death), 7/8 branded and 0/5 war chiefs at 32 minutes.

Had a couple of goes at getting the captains from here but usually leaves me with about 12 minutes for the 5 war chiefs and to bring them out the missions are quite stealthy. So starting again and trying to get a graug early doors. I have been branding early but going to kill first and then brand.

Any tips on getting a graug?

To get a graug:

Keep fast traveling to central forge tower (the one you spawn in initially), until you hear the graug roar.

You should:

A.) get Intel on all captains and a graug to ride in under 5 minutes (easy), 

B.) have 12 captain kills in under 20 minutes (good idea to back up your save at this point),

C.) have intel on warchiefs and the rest of the captains branded by 40 minutes (back up your save if your time is <40minutes)

D.) you have 20 minutes to lure out and kill all warlords. It might seem like not enough time, but I did it in my second attempt, and if I could do it, anyone can ;)

Hope that helps! This trophy is a breeze compared to test of the wild

• 2 weeks later...

I found a pretty good outline of what to do and used it to get ~54 min.

1) Go to the nearest Red Icon and play that mission.  Dominate that Captain and gain Intel on a Warchief.

2) Go and attack that Warchief, making sure to Dominate him and find out Intel about the next Warchief before killing him.  Upload your save after each Warchief if you are happy with your performance!

*Note: 4 of the pre-Warchief-arrival mini-missions are straight-forward (blow up stuff, make someone squeal, etc) but one is especially tricky: Kill 20 enemies without taking damage.  A good tip is this: enter the green area, hit "left" to Summon followers, hit "down" to kill them.  Repeat until you killed 20.

3) After completing this, not only will you have all 4 Warchiefs killed, but you may have also taken out some Captains along the way (a bunch tend to hang out around the Warchiefs even if they aren't explicitly listed as Bodyguards).  I think it's important to try and Brand as many of these Captains as possible just to be safe.  You should aim to have all of your Warchiefs killed around the 30 minute mark.

4) Now while you should be backing up your saves after each Warchief kill, definitely make sure it is backed up before you embark on the Captains, and I would say after every few good quick Captain Brands/Kills, you should back up again.

5) As stated above, it is important to Brand your 8 Captains first and then you can worry about the kills.  The Captains are incredibly easy to take down in this DLC, especially if you are using the Ring (which I used with Combat Masters because they're SO annoying).

Just to help you pace again, my time estimates were:

~30 min: All Warchiefs killed

~40 min: Finished Branding 8 Captains (maybe only 2 or 3 Captains killed by this point)

~55 min: Completed