Bad optimization of AC Remasters

Hello,

I just want to share an experience about my impressions on AC Rogue Remaster, AC III Remastered and AC IV performance on PS4. About the optimization of the game.

I have a PS4 Pro. I care about my system and works PERFECT. But, when I played ACIII Remastered I felt that the fan of my console was increasing speed too much often. The same, but not in the same level, actually almost nothing with IV. Black Flag is not considered a remastered since both versions, PS3 and PS4, came at the same time. So is technically a cross gen game. But the fact that has the same graphical level of AC III Remastered and AC Rogue Remastered invites tho think that suffered the same conversion/port process.

In between every AC game I played another. And only Spider-Man Moreales did something similar. But not even. Rarely sometimes the fan needed to increase speed. Like it does with TLOU2 or RDRII. Something normal since those games are technically HUGE. But again, was something sporadic. Not common.

I though that a cleaning was needed on my PS4. I opened it and it was clean.

So, after Xmas break, I played Rogue and again too much noise too often. I finished. I started today Unity, far bigger graphically and technically than the quoted games, I played 4 hours, and... NOTHING. No noise at all. I put Arkham Knight, another huge game that my console was always silent, and nothing.

So, I just wanted to share my experience and I would like to know if you had a similar experience with the performance of this games (AC III and Rogue Remastered). It is clear, that those titles suffered a not really good Remaster process. Somehow, not well optimized.

The PS4 pro just in general was a very noisy console for me, i even opened the top and cleaned the fan but it was the same, unless you play a really small game it gets pretty loud and hot.

I've got the PS5 now and glad because the noise from the pro became very annoying and loud.

The AC remasters made the fan go mad, but then again most games did so personally i don't know if they were poor remasters, they played well for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

The PS4 pro just in general was a very noisy console for me, i even opened the top and cleaned the fan but it was the same, unless you play a really small game it gets pretty loud and hot.

I've got the PS5 now and glad because the noise from the pro became very annoying and loud.

The AC remasters made the fan go mad, but then again most games did so personally i don't know if they were poor remasters, they played well for me.

Thanks for answering. But that's the point. Nothing with other PS4 games. Unity, Knight are not making that noise and even Spider-Man, or RDRII did not make that much.

Weird. 

Remember that a PS4 is just a computer, a high tech processing unit.

It's all about how a game is built. Who knows exactly what is going on under the hood.

You could have Space Invaders running at 1 frame per second and make your PS4 Pro seem like a jet engine if you program it poorly it max out the CPU and GPU.

I remember Resident Evil 6 on PS3, seemed like everytime I boot up the game (on Blu Ray) that it spends about 15 minutes grinding away making lots of noise, as it was installing the game from scratch each time. Never happened on any other game.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Remember that a PS4 is just a computer, a high tech processing unit.

It's all about how a game is built. Who knows exactly what is going on under the hood.

You could have Space Invaders running at 1 frame per second and make your PS4 Pro seem like a jet engine if you program it poorly it max out the CPU and GPU.

I remember Resident Evil 6 on PS3, seemed like everytime I boot up the game (on Blu Ray) that it spends about 15 minutes grinding away making lots of noise, as it was installing the game from scratch each time. Never happened on any other game.

OH. RE6 was perfect on my PS3 FAT. I did the 100% on that system. Weird to know different performances on different PS3s

• Like 1

Ubisoft does a shitty job with remasters. When I played the Ezio Trilogy (II, Brotherhood, Revelations) on the PS4 I expected the games to run smoother and look a lot better, considering that well.... they were games that released during the previous generation. Turns out the games were still locked at 30 FPS, the only thing they did was up the resolution to 1080p, which is the OG PS4/PS4 Slim.

Meanwhile I booted up Dark Souls Remastered, and not only does it look better it runs buttery smooth at a consistent 60 FPS. The Ezio Trilogy also had an infamous graphical glitch on AC II with a notable NPC which was later fixed in an update.

And unfortunately, because I bought the Assassin's Creed Odyssey Season Pass last summer I also received Assassin's Creed III + Liberation Remastered on the PS4. And..... Ubisoft STILL didn't bother to put any real effort into the remasters.

Far Cry 3: Classic on the PS4 from what I've heard is still at 30 FPS so you're basically playing the very exact game you played on the PS3/Xbox 360. And yes, you're going to experience a lot of noise playing the Assassin's Creed remasters.

• Like 1