Game console colours.

MANARX

• 4 months later...

sorry to sabotage the topic but has anyone heard news on a black ps5 or tried replacing the white plates with aftermarket black ones?...I know it's silly but I just don't want a white console...only thing stopping me from buying one...a google search led to some speculation  but not sure about the integrity of the sources...even saw a twitter post of a guy who spray painted his...and yes, I'm aware black and red controllers are on the way (tomorrow?)...it's the console itself I'm wondering about...

side question out of curiosity: has anyone else held off on getting a ps5 just because of the colour?...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

sorry to sabotage the topic but has anyone heard news on a black ps5 or tried replacing the white plates with aftermarket black ones?...I know it's silly but I just don't want a white console...only thing stopping me from buying one...a google search led to some speculation  but not sure about the integrity of the sources...even saw a twitter post of a guy who spray painted his...and yes, I'm aware black and red controllers are on the way (tomorrow?)...it's the console itself I'm wondering about...

side question out of curiosity: has anyone else held off on getting a ps5 just because of the colour?...

I got the black cmp plates, for digital, 1 minute to install, seem fine.  Looks a lot better. Matchs my black ps5 controller sitting in a warehouse somewhere.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

You might find this interesting, unless you don't like the matte finish;
https://dbrand.com/shop/special-edition/ps5

Most of the companies that offered colored plates by the time the console got released, were sued by Sony and had to refund orders, and seeing that Sony released new colors for the Dualsense controller, they might have something prepared for Holiday season or early next year regarding consoles.

I hope that you are able to complete your collection soon... the PS5 is a great console, worth every cent.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

There's been nothing official yet but I'm sure there'll be different colour variants, literally every other PlayStation has had 'em.

I don't really care about the colour, but that PS2 themed PS5 was pretty tempting, I must say. Pity they got cancelled.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, n1c0live said:

I hope that you are able to complete your collection soon... the PS5 is a great console, worth every cent.

good to hear...would love to own one but "the colour"...

11 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

I don't really care about the colour, but that PS2 themed PS5 was pretty tempting, I must say.

just googled this...sure beats white...

23 minutes ago, maisie666 said:

I got the black cmp plates, for digital, 1 minute to install, seem fine.  Looks a lot better. Matchs my black ps5 controller sitting in a warehouse somewhere.

I'd consider the plates and especially since there's an official controller to match...appreciate having a user review...

and thanks for the replies...have a few friends that have them and every time I see their ps5s i think, "nope , that's gonna look way too $hitty when it's yellow in a few years"...i tend to hang onto all my old consoles so unfortunately the colour is a deal breaker...

will be patient and see what happens in the upcoming year...thankfully I still have enough ps3/ps4 games for a few decades at the rate my spare time allows me to play them...will consider plates if it seems like white remains the only option...cheers...

• Like 1