C-C-C-Combo Trophy

Blurrkup

If anybody is having trouble with this trophy there is currently an easy way to get it. There is currently a mission called "When in Olympus" which is a taster for the 1st DLC, you are fully upgraded whether you have bought things or not, when I got to the first set of enemies I just spammed Athena's Dash and Are's Wrath and in a few seconds was at over 100 hits. Make sure you have done Are's questline to get the blessing needed for it as well, though not sure if you automatically get this with the full upgrade you receive for this mission.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blurrkup said:

If anybody is having trouble with this trophy there is currently an easy way to get it. There is currently a mission called "When in Olympus" which is a taster for the 1st DLC, you are fully upgraded whether you have bought things or not, when I got to the first set of enemies I just spammed Athena's Dash and Are's Wrath and in a few seconds was at over 100 hits. Make sure you have done Are's questline to get the blessing needed for it as well, though not sure if you automatically get this with the full upgrade you receive for this mission.

I can confirm this, I also got the trophy this way. I don't think you have to do the Ares' questline beforehand though as I remember getting the trophy before having that last Ares' blessing

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/22/2021 at 8:10 PM, BacklogGamer964 said:

Is this mission still available, or was it timed? I can't seem to find it.

EDIT: Yep, it is. It's very close to the Messenger of the Gods fast travel spot in the starting area, Clashing Rocks.

Yeah it was timed. I was lucky enough to get this and the 25 air hit combo with 1 hit of the spikes that shoot you upward given the amount of enemies and almost unlimited stamina to spam it to 100.

• 4 months later...

I just stumbled into this quest as I didn't realize it was a preview quest for the DLC that gives you all the unlocks and makes you extremely overpowered.  I can confirm that you do not need to do the Ares questline to get the maximum combo rank during this quest as well.  I think I got almost a 400 hit combo in a few casts of Athena's Dash.  The trophy guide didn't mention this quest but it makes it extremely trivial and can also can be done very early in the game before the proper progression has occurred under normal circumstances.

The quest seems to be attached to the "A New God" DLC or it was patched in later, but it definitely isn't a timed event or anything like that.  You can get a trophy for the first DLC by falling off the side during the quest as well.

Edited by Elegy

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Skin of Pride will give +9 per hit on combos on unharmed enemies when fully upgraded. With Hephaistos Hammer and forward shock-wave, fast forward travel to Ajax's Fort (South East in Wars Den). Straight ahead there is a group of 9 enemies. Run close to them and one hit with the hammer (L1+R2) will give you a combo of 90 and the trophy. Make a save as you arrive at the fast travel point for backup in case you have a problem. This group of enemies will re-spawn but it does take some time.