RDR2 Missible Trophies Question / Advice

S-H-A-R-P-E-Y-

***i found i had a save point at about 20% completion**** - should be possible with this??   

Hi All,

OK so I finished this game a few months after it was released and before I was serious enough about trophy hunting. Recently I have been going back and obtaining the plat for much older games and noticed I have 48% completion (trophies) without even being mindful of the platinum when originally playing it. I understand Rockstar games are notorious for their grind fests but wouldn't mind giving this one a go considering I thought the game one of the very best id ever played.  Should I attempt it? 

I have just done some reading and to my pain understand there are missable trophies which unfortunately I did not obtain.  

Below is the list of ones I don't have - feel check to check my profile if you want to provide further suggestions.....

Friends with benefits

Errand Boy 

Hoping there are possible work arounds for the others??

Or suggestions on what would the quickest way to obtain them??

How long do you think I would have to go???

Any help or advice would be appreciated 

thanks very much  

Edited by S-H-A-R-P-E-Y-
Got Lending a hand trophy

29 minutes ago, S-H-A-R-P-E-Y- said:

***i found i had a save point at about 20% completion**** - should be possible with this??   

Hi All,

OK so I finished this game a few months after it was released and before I was serious enough about trophy hunting. Recently I have been going back and obtaining the plat for much older games and noticed I have 48% completion (trophies) without even being mindful of the platinum when originally playing it. I understand Rockstar games are notorious for their grind fests but wouldn't mind giving this one a go considering I thought the game one of the very best id ever played.  Should I attempt it? 

I have just done some reading and to my pain understand there are missable trophies which unfortunately I did not obtain.  

Below is the list of ones I don't have - feel check to check my profile if you want to provide further suggestions.....

Friends with benefits

Errand Boy 

Hoping there are possible work arounds for the others??

Or suggestions on what would the quickest way to obtain them??

How long do you think I would have to go???

Any help or advice would be appreciated 

thanks very much  

Friends with Benefits would take a decent amount of time, if you're solely focusing on story missions it'd obviously go faster but you'll still have to play up to Chapter 4. The actual requirement for the trophy isn't difficult, simply play one of any Companion Activity in each of the camps. If you have a save file from anytime during Chapter 2 you could start from there, do an activity, then do every story mission, do a chapter 3 Companion Activity & then play up until you're at Chapter 4's camp. If you know that you've done an activity from Chapter 2 and have a save file during Chapter 3 that'd work too. But you'll need to make sure you've done it once during every camp.

Errand Boy - This trophy is kind of annoying as you'll have to wait for an ally to request an item. There are more than a dozen request though so you're able to complete it just during Chapter 2. I don't know if there's a certain way to pop them up without having to just wait around or what.

If you don't have a save during Chapter 2 though you're going to have to replay through the fantastic (but slow) Chapter 1 again. These trophies honestly aren't too bad and if I had to guess would take 10 hours tops. (But maybe I'm underestimating how long it'll take to rush through & complete the necessary story missions to get to Chapter 4's camp. Hope this helps.

6 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Friends with Benefits would take a decent amount of time, if you're solely focusing on story missions it'd obviously go faster but you'll still have to play up to Chapter 4. The actual requirement for the trophy isn't difficult, simply play one of any Companion Activity in each of the camps. If you have a save file from anytime during Chapter 2 you could start from there, do an activity, then do every story mission, do a chapter 3 Companion Activity & then play up until you're at Chapter 4's camp. If you know that you've done an activity from Chapter 2 and have a save file during Chapter 3 that'd work too. But you'll need to make sure you've done it once during every camp.

Errand Boy - This trophy is kind of annoying as you'll have to wait for an ally to request an item. There are more than a dozen request though so you're able to complete it just during Chapter 2. I don't know if there's a certain way to pop them up without having to just wait around or what.

If you don't have a save during Chapter 2 though you're going to have to replay through the fantastic (but slow) Chapter 1 again. These trophies honestly aren't too bad and if I had to guess would take 10 hours tops. (But maybe I'm underestimating how long it'll take to rush through & complete the necessary story missions to get to Chapter 4's camp. Hope this helps.

thanks very much for the detailed reply, much appreciated. Unfortunately i only had the one other save file from mid way through chapter 2 so i will just have to reply through the story and keep in mind the missing trophies i require  

Edited by S-H-A-R-P-E-Y-

6 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

I had so much fun going for the RDR2 plat. The online didnt feel like a grind because i enjoyed playing BR and 100%ing everything in SP was alot of fun too. Good luck on your journey to plat if you decide to do everything the game has to offer because there is alot to do. 1f601.png

Hey...super quick...thanks for the heads up. I played this a little at release and I've returned to doing backlog stuff and I was actually hoping to find info on whether or not the online was grindy or not. Appreciate the input. 

2 hours ago, Shua_J said:

Hey...super quick...thanks for the heads up. I played this a little at release and I've returned to doing backlog stuff and I was actually hoping to find info on whether or not the online was grindy or not. Appreciate the input. 

It depends how much you enjoy the game. If someone doesnt like the online then it will feel like a massive grind. But i took my time with it. I leveled up a few times a day i think and did that over a few weeks. Hit level 50 pretty fast.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, S-H-A-R-P-E-Y- said:

thanks very much for the detailed reply, much appreciated. Unfortunately i only had the one other save file from mid way through chapter 2 so i will just have to reply through the story and keep in mind the missing trophies i require  

A save file through Chapter 2 should work perfectly actually.

5 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

It depends how much you enjoy the game. If someone doesnt like the online then it will feel like a massive grind. But i took my time with it. I leveled up a few times a day i think and did that over a few weeks. Hit level 50 pretty fast.

It took me 34 hours to get all the online trophies (level 50 is the hardest/grindiest one). That's using the Collector role which is the fastest method to obtain XP. I don't think I obtained enough gold bars until I was level 20 something. If I had known about the treasure maps I would have cut down my time drastically. (Since I was just doing dailies and just getting gold from completing contracts.

10 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

I had so much fun going for the RDR2 plat. The online didnt feel like a grind because i enjoyed playing BR and 100%ing everything in SP was alot of fun too. Good luck on your journey to plat if you decide to do everything the game has to offer because there is alot to do. 1f601.png

thanks mate - appreciate it. Last night I checked my online stats and to my surprise i had already put in 40 hours into it and am level 25, however i wasnt going for the plat so it was more just playing the game but level 25 is very much a head start. As for your comments on there is alot to do, im now only just realising it haha - yes i still very much have a long road ahead but im not one to try and plat games asap like i was to begin with. Will take my time and hope for the best    

8 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

i dont mind the online portion at all, time will tell to see if i get burnt out but considering i am on level 25 it shouldnt be too bad. My question is can you boost the MVP trophy?? thanks for your reply mate 

3 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

A save file through Chapter 2 should work perfectly actually.

It took me 34 hours to get all the online trophies (level 50 is the hardest/grindiest one). That's using the Collector role which is the fastest method to obtain XP. I don't think I obtained enough gold bars until I was level 20 something. If I had known about the treasure maps I would have cut down my time drastically. (Since I was just doing dailies and just getting gold from completing contracts.

thanks alot - i am going to check out the collector role shortly. i have some tressure maps too which i heard was a good way to get extra xp - considering i havent played the online part for a couple of years i will need time to get my head around it again 

• Like 1

i’m still on my first play through, but one thing i’ve been doing my best to do is get as many gold medals as i can without numerous replays. i’m halfway done with chapter 6 and have roughly 55 gold medals but still have over 25 missions left. so for example, chapter 4 was when i really tried to do gold each 1st attempt, and the angelo bronte meeting mission was the only one i couldn’t get. i only suggest this because then you don’t have to spend hours replaying missions you already beat.

im also working towards skin deep and zoologist. just try to study them first, then go for the skin deep requirements, because it’ll be easier to just kill the animal by any means necessary instead of tedious getting within distance and not making the animal go aggro (always happens with timber wolves for me, they see me before i see them and then i can’t study them unless they stop coming for me and i circle back to find them).

unfortunately i have no advice for online play, that’s something i’ve avoided for just about all games over the last couple of years. i’ll probably break the streak with this game, but i’ve already put in a lot of hours and still have other games i haven’t touched yet so i may take a break before i take that on.

best of luck to you and hope this helps.

3 hours ago, majorwoodie666 said:

i’m still on my first play through, but one thing i’ve been doing my best to do is get as many gold medals as i can without numerous replays. i’m halfway done with chapter 6 and have roughly 55 gold medals but still have over 25 missions left. so for example, chapter 4 was when i really tried to do gold each 1st attempt, and the angelo bronte meeting mission was the only one i couldn’t get. i only suggest this because then you don’t have to spend hours replaying missions you already beat.

im also working towards skin deep and zoologist. just try to study them first, then go for the skin deep requirements, because it’ll be easier to just kill the animal by any means necessary instead of tedious getting within distance and not making the animal go aggro (always happens with timber wolves for me, they see me before i see them and then i can’t study them unless they stop coming for me and i circle back to find them).

unfortunately i have no advice for online play, that’s something i’ve avoided for just about all games over the last couple of years. i’ll probably break the streak with this game, but i’ve already put in a lot of hours and still have other games i haven’t touched yet so i may take a break before i take that on.

Personally I would’ve hated to do it the way you’re doing it. I’d feel like the experience would’ve been negatively affected if I was rushing through them and playing very specifically in order to meet the requirements. Honestly, replaying the missions on gold took substantially less time than I thought they would. Initially I disliked GTA V’s Gold medals too but once I stopped focusing on the Trevor Rampage missions I was able to breeze by almost all of them. 

On 24/01/2021 at 8:01 AM, majorwoodie666 said:

thanks for that. I have basically just focused on getting the online portion out of the way before i start the 100% and gold medal trophies, also need 2 missed trophies. its going to be a long road no doubt

On 24/01/2021 at 8:14 AM, Lonitx said:

I'd start over, with a list of every mission requirement to gold medal them

lucky i dont need to completely start over as i have a save from chapter two so work on the missable trophies. Already getting a little burnt out from the online trophies, might take my time with this. totally dreading the gold stars....cheers