Possible solution for the “perfect explorer” trophy

ZaulTH-

Guys, I tried a way that luckily worked, recently one of the players got the “Perfect Explorer” trophy, and I was looking to try to understand how he got the trophy, and he just told me that he typed “GiveExplorerNote” from 1 to 690,  I had said that I did the same and that the trophy didn’t come, but he said that as soon as he did that the trophy didn’t exactly come at the same time, and that it consequently came while he was doing the others, so I went there and tried from 1 to  690 and I stopped my game, after 20 minutes the trophy popped up!

23 hours ago, Tr0phy_Hunt3r_8_ said:

just wait with the game open until the trophy pops up during that time

It worked! I loaded up my save and waited about ten minutes...nothing...so I typed in giveallexplorernotes(at this point it didn't freeze because I already had most). Left it sitting there while doing other stuff around the house....trophy unlocked while I was away.

Cheers....to be clear to others, I do not have any paid DLC installed.

Edited by ThatDrunkGuy
  • Like 1

I downloaded the game today on my PS5 and figured I'd give this a whirl again.  I'm getting the same behavior as I did on the PS4 this past summer.  Specifically, the game crashes around GiveExplorerNote 60.  Below are my precise steps.  If you see where I'm messing up, please do tell.

Begin with no pre-existing save data

Choose Host/Local from main menu

In general settings, check Admin Logging and Show Map Player Location

Choose the Island map and start single player game

Create new default character

On game start, pause, choose options and turn off motion blur and detail graphics; click save & exit

Bring up admin console (circle + square + L1 + R1) and enter the following commands

God

Infinitestats

GiveExplorerNote 1

and then simply increment the 1.

As noted, I crash somewhere in the 50-70 range every time.  This is using the latest version on the PS5 with no DLC owned.

On 1/24/2021 at 10:20 PM, DrEvilGuapo said:

Begin with no pre-existing save data

Create new default character

On game start, pause, choose options and turn off motion blur and detail graphics; click save & exit

God

Infinitestats

I used my old save from the platinum run...not sure if that matters. I also didn't use those commands or mess with graphic options. Once I got up past item 710....the give all command no longer froze the game. I then let it idle and it unlocked after some time.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

I used my old save from the platinum run...not sure if that matters. I also didn't use those commands or mess with graphic options. Once I got up past item 710....the give all command no longer froze the game. I then let it idle and it unlocked after some time.

Thank you. I gave it a go last night, making adjustments based on what you said. I got to 108 before it crashed this time. I think it may just be a buffering issue. If I go slower and give it time to clear the buffer after entering a handful of them before proceeding on, I can probably get further along. I’m going to try that soon. 

A buffer overflow issue would make sense, especially in the context of the give all command causing a crash if there are several to be unlocked. 

On 1/21/2021 at 5:48 PM, ThatDrunkGuy said:

It worked! I loaded up my save and waited about ten minutes...nothing...so I typed in giveallexplorernotes(at this point it didn't freeze because I already had most). Left it sitting there while doing other stuff around the house....trophy unlocked while I was away.

Cheers....to be clear to others, I do not have any paid DLC installed.

Wait, you don't need to purchase any dlc for the 100%? Guess I'll be playing ARK soon.

On 1/27/2021 at 0:52 PM, DrEvilGuapo said:

Thank you. I gave it a go last night, making adjustments based on what you said. I got to 108 before it crashed this time. I think it may just be a buffering issue. If I go slower and give it time to clear the buffer after entering a handful of them before proceeding on, I can probably get further along. I’m going to try that soon. 

A buffer overflow issue would make sense, especially in the context of the give all command causing a crash if there are several to be unlocked. 

Yeah, good point. When I was entering each item I did exit to view that item...giving the game time to process it. 

I did it one at a time in intervals of 50-100 before I backed out to let the game update. I exceeded that to maybe 150-200 once and it crashed. That was the only crash I had. I did make a backup save twice just in case but had no issues otherwise.

I will say if you don't take any breaks and stay focused, it takes about 3 hours. (on PS4 w/o newest dlc)

If anyone is trying to do this from today there is a new update which seems to have updated the number

Myself and a friend both just finished this today here is what we did, hope it helps you all out, seems that this may be due to the Genesis Season pass content.

Also I have seen many forums say that you must buy the season pass, both myself and my friend don't own it so this is FALSE DON'T BUY THE SEASON PASS IF ALL YOU ARE DOING IS HUNTING THIS TROPHY

Admin Commands & Steps:

giveexplorernotes number (Please note that you need to do this command for each number individually 1 - 868)

Every 30 notes unpause the game to let the note on your screen load and take a few steps, we found that this prevented ANY crashing during this process

If after following the above steps you don't have the trophy we noticed that the Dilo note for some reason still had to be unlocked use the below command to teleport to its location and pick it up

cheat setplayerpos -317600 274400 -39000

• Like 2