Cyberpunk 2077 - overpromise, sell, underdeliver (Crowbcat)

Lordidude

12 minutes ago, PeachXHime said:

Ah yes, so instead of spending a portion of our time discussing this incident, we should all just move on and focus exclusively on whatever else is going on in the world and playing the backlog. Like I get what you're saying but you realize that's just your opinion right?

We're free to discuss our thoughts about the game, the consequences and the industry in general, your "lmao just move on" isn't helping.

You could have been discussing football trading cards or whatever else is piquing your interests but instead still felt the need to post this.

Exactly, my opinion. Just like you have stated yours

You disagreeing with it is fine, there was no need to post your comment lol.

We have now just gotten absolutely nowhere, well done

• Like 2

There are plenty of bigger issues in the World but this is a forum to discuss games! Dishonesty and selling a broken product are the fault of the seller, not the buyer. 

Personally, I don't buy games at launch because it seems to me that it has become industry practice to launch games i nan unfinished state. 

Someone said that $60.00 is not a lot of money. For many, it is. I could not afford to spend $60.00 on a game - that's my weekly food shopping bill! 

3 minutes ago, HusKy said:

This would be a mild case of victim blaming at best. Every video released by CDPR was misleading. I'm not sure what kind of research you can do before buying a game on day 1 but these videos were all there was to see. To say it's consumers fault for preordering is simply wrong.

Im saying that preordering/buying day 1 is a risk. Always. No matter the industry. Just because it works out sometimes doesn’t mean it will always work out. When it doesn’t work out, acknowledging that it was a risk should happen. 

• Like 3

I recently watched this video and it was quite sad how it all went down. Although I never really followed the hype over this game, it looked to have great potential even if it was based on false promises.

Overall, another great vid from Crowbcat!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Im saying that preordering/buying day 1 is a risk. Always. No matter the industry. Just because it works out sometimes doesn’t mean it will always work out. When it doesn’t work out, acknowledging that it was a risk should happen. 

Yes, day 1 is certainly risk. I guess part of the problem is that with multiple delays already happening, no one expected that it would ever be such a huge disaster. Though if someone buys the next CDPR game day 1 and it turns out to be garbage again, that's definitely on them. The whole "fool me once..." thing. :)

At the beginning the video was funny but for me it honestly got sad pretty fast. So many promises, lies, delays... I feel sorry for the developers but the higher-ups are a bunch of scumbags and I hope they will get sued. The gaming industry is getting worse and worse...

But hey, atleast there aren't any microtransactions...

• Like 2

Daiv has said it perfectly, only thing I would like to add, stop looking for a new "saint" company, to use  against the "demonic" EA, Activision, Ubisoft etc, that's what makes people suckers.

Companies are made of a great handful of individuals who constantly changes, what you see as a name means nothing, CDPR itself, how many  of the staff from Witcher 3 are still there, for example?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PeachXHime said:

You are on a public message board, I'm not sure if you understand but this is a place where discussions are being held, if you're just trying to be smug posting ''move on lol'' thus preventing the discussion to progress in a direction that is relevant to the topic at hand, then I don't see how that is healthy for this forum. That's the point I am trying to make, your post was as shallow as it gets and contributed nothing.

While not supporting CDPR financially in any way in the future, I do hope this leaves a mark on the rest of the industry, and hopefully other big corpos will take note, we can not defend this kind of hypocrisy from game studios anymore

There are basically two ways to potentially fix the problem...

1. Make such a big deal out of this that no company ever does anything questionable for money ever again.

2. Have some personal accountability.  If you disagree with what happened, don't pre-order games.

Protip: #1 will never happen.  People will always do questionable things over money, and companies like this sole purpose is to make money.  You already have CDPR's head on a pike, that discussion has been had ad nauseum... and now you're just doing worse and worse things to that head as people just sort of watch on in horror.

The best course of action is enough of #1 to vent and make it hurt, then quietly shift to #2.  The latter isn't happening.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

You are all turning into a bunch of Karen's. Its literally no monetary loss if you got a refund.

For some it's not only about the refund.

I bought CDPR stock back in 2016 but didn't really buy the hype. I knew people would go crazy.

A few days before release I read and saw that the reviewers were not allowed to use their own footage which is a red flag.

I quickly sold most of my stock before the bubble burst and the whole thing crashed.

A friend lost a lot of money this way and he is joining the class action lawsuit for fraud.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

There are basically two ways to potentially fix the problem...

1. Make such a big deal out of this that no company ever does anything questionable for money ever again.

2. Have some personal accountability.  If you disagree with what happened, don't pre-order games.

Protip: #1 will never happen.  People will always do questionable things over money, and companies like this sole purpose is to make money.  You already have CDPR's head on a pike, that discussion has been had ad nauseum... and now you're just doing worse and worse things to that head as people just sort of watch on in horror.

The best course of action is enough of #1 to vent and make it hurt, then quietly shift to #2.  The latter isn't happening.

Pre-ordering games has become worse over time, the environment we're in now simply doesn't allow us to have faith in the bigger game studios any longer. With such a huge market to exploit, it's to be expected from a bunch of greedy suits in charge. Also, it seemingly has become a trend that delayed games are eventually shit, Miyamoto's quote doesn't hold up anymore, times for sure have changed.

10 minutes ago, Lordidude said:

For some it's not only about the refund.

I bought CDPR stock back in 2016 but didn't really buy the hype. I knew people would go crazy.

A few days before release I read and saw that the reviewers were not allowed to use their own footage which is a red flag.

I quickly sold most of my stock before the bubble burst and the whole thing crashed.

A friend lost a lot of money this way and he is joining the class action lawsuit for fraud.

https://www.escapistmagazine.com/v2/cd-projekt-red-class-action-lawsuit-cyberpunk-2077-cdpr-investors/

That lawsuit has practically has no chance of succeeding.

• Like 2

Glad looking past the bugs has become more mainstream now, empty ass city. 

18 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Yup fraud is an tough thing to prove- trust me i'm a final year law student.

• Like 2